• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Busted: FTs faking qualifications to get a job in Singapore

Capano2121

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wonder how long a sentence a Singaporean would get?
Any legal eagle out there that can clarify on this original set of fairer than fair law of punishment that was meant for Singaporeans?

Dark Knight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
But dont Immigration take photos when a foreigner pass through immigration? computers and image recognition software so sophisticated these days,,,sure can identify. Just ICA sleeping on the job...

I believe our Immigration is no angel either as they've got big and fat pockets.

B Man

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are quite right..

I have come across many "highly-qualified" executives in my line of work that have no clue about their work at all. They just want a managerial position so that they can order the juniors to work and demand for "high" salary . Some even come with full phD and Masters degrees but yet have no idea on their topic of "specialty" and some of the stuff they dont know are the very basic knowledge for them to do the job.

Excuse commonly used when I ask them such questions on why they don't know the basics? "They did not teach us that in the Indian universities!!"

No wonder they put the 3 shit skins jailed in bolded sentences when there were 22 others that were jailed. It's a shit skin paper.

Good news this is but the bad thing is lord knows how many other skins got away.

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
When I tipped of MOM about a contractor hiring illegal PRC workers with no work permit n no workman comp insurance they asked me to provide a lot of information in addition to the reams of details I hv given, They expect me to hire PI to did out all particulars, serve them of a platter before they will act.

They even got the cheek to say they are really assisting me................... the dept heads earn big money and yet churn out this kind of performance, No wonder sg is flooded with FT crooks depriving sgians of their jobs.

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://reviewtemasek.blogspot.sg/2011/12/revisited-from-2008-on-degree-mills.html

So who are the famous people in Singapore with degrees that are similar to “Dr” Harry Doggy’s? Straits Times mentioned the following:
Expressions International founder “Dr” Theresa Chew.
Bread Talk founder “Dr” George Quek.
“Dr” T. Chandroo who runs 60 Montessori kindergartens.
“Dr” Clemen Chiang who runs options trading seminars.
I remember Clemen Chiang even called his degree-mill alma mata “the prestigious Preston University” in his ads. Now, we all know Preston is a virtual university that gives out PhDs freely for a fee.
What’s worse is that Clemen Chiang is also “widely quoted in the local press”, including the Business Times (see example). Given BT’s past record of uncovering at least one case of people who lied / misled about their credentials (see discussion about the famous Dennis Lee case and article in Time magazine), I don’t know why BT did not do more diligence and still invited “Dr” Chiang to write in its columns.
More from the very enlightening ST article:
“Mr Chiang sheepishly admits that he continues to use his doctorate as it helps to pave the way in business… But he added: ‘But I am thinking of dropping my doctorate title altogether until I complete the current PhD I am working on with the University of South Australia.’ “
Er… which University of South Australia is he referring to? Let’s hope it’s the legitimate one and not another degree mill.

I heard of a PhD gotten in sg affiliate from a fucked up U in Oz is doing great in Sing Tech as some kind of super VP making big bucks
His thesis was on program management of a fighting vehicle.............. this sort of subject qualify as thesis??

Can anyone confirm this matter?

Last edited:

scbccb

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wah lan informant still have to do IO's job? So who pay for the PI's service. :eek:

When I tipped of MOM about a contractor hiring illegal PRC workers with no work permit n no workman comp insurance they asked me to provide a lot of information in addition to the reams of details I hv given, They expect me to hire PI to did out all particulars, serve them of a platter before they will act.

They even got the cheek to say they are really assisting me................... the dept heads earn big money and yet churn out this kind of performance, No wonder sg is flooded with FT crooks depriving sgians of their jobs.

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are quite right..

I have come across many "highly-qualified" executives in my line of work that have no clue about their work at all. They just want a managerial position so that they can order the juniors to work and demand for "high" salary . Some even come with full phD and Masters degrees but yet have no idea on their topic of "specialty" and some of the stuff they dont know are the very basic knowledge for them to do the job.

Excuse commonly used when I ask them such questions on why they don't know the basics? "They did not teach us that in the Indian universities!!"

Sadly I agree with you as I have seen many of them.............. somehow these bastards are lucky never getting caught with their mistakes as they kept on moving so much so their mistakes did not hv the time to catch up with them.....................an art by itself. There is one such bloke in ST Kinetics......... perhaps more than one

scbccb

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ah Sam you have taken the art of hurling veiled insults to a new level. Yam Seng! :biggrin:

borat20crashes20tour20de20france.jpg

The fact that foreigners are willing to go the the extent of faking their qualifications in order to work in the country show that Singapore is a desirable country to work in.

For that, you have to thank the PAP.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sadly I agree with you as I have seen many of them.............. somehow these bastards are lucky never getting caught with their mistakes as they kept on moving so much so their mistakes did not hv the time to catch up with them.....................an art by itself. There is one such bloke in ST Kinetics......... perhaps more than one

Maybe that's the reason why ASTAR has never produced any viable research despite hundreds of millions spent - too many Indians and Ah Tiongs there.

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
it is really common. i know a PRC woman who came to Singapore as a factory worker. she has secondary school education in China. she is now teaching Chinese in a tuition centre. her highest education now is a graduate from a Shaanxi university. her Facebook info also change, from secondary school to university graduate. she simply doesn't care at all. it doesn't matter if people who knew her find it weird how come now suddenly university graduate in Facebook ? she told me that her PRC friends in Singapore also do this kind of thing.

i understand. money trumps all other ethics or integrity or values.....

melzp

Alfrescian
Loyal
MOM and mainstream papers should openly and regularly hint their war on these fakes.
And soon we shall see resignation letters coming forward in no time.

Guarantee that this filtering gonna be a BIG success.

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
MOM and mainstream papers should openly and regularly hint their war on these fakes.
And soon we shall see resignation letters coming forward in no time.

Guarantee that this filtering gonna be a BIG success.
No use scaring them. The risk is very low. If MOM start to ask question, they will pack up quickly and leave singapore forever, or until they can obtain a fake passport. If sway sway caught and charge, what is a couple weeks of jail to them?

Best way is to require a big cash deposit from them if they want work permit or employment pass. Then they will start to worry and the fakes will leave voluntarily within short time. Their colleagues can help to csi the background and report to MOM, and should be given half of the confiscated deposit as reward.

Dark Knight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Maybe that's the reason why ASTAR has never produced any viable research despite hundreds of millions spent - too many Indians and Ah Tiongs there.

Those junk toys so called produced by ASTAR for our military defense will not be able to work well in a real war.
Years of tax payers $$$ wasted.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dear Frens,

looking at the postings here there are many fake talents who cant do their job.

In ang mor lands, got performance reviews etc..not up to scratch u get sack...your qualifications are scrutanised etc,,but there are a few loop holes,,but not as bad as singkieland. My comment is to the employers,,if u are the boss,,would u hire this sort of fake qualification incompetence? U pay big bucks u want to get yr moneys worth, so why are employers hiring such useless people? the bottom line not affected meh?

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
We should include canning into the punishment. Without these fake certificates, these people are as good as illegal immigrants.
Those Employers and ICA in-charge ought to be punished too for not doing their due diligence. :oIo:

Fucking Phua Chee Bye PAP!
Nin Na Bu Lao Chee Bye!
:oIo::kma:

Last edited:

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
We should include canning into the punishment. Without these fake certificates, these people are as good as illegal immigrants.
The moment they know the authorities are checking on them, they will run road liao. Unlike illegal immigrants who can be arrested immediately once the police found them without proper documents, these fake cert cheats can't be arrested immediately as they have proper work permit.

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The moment they know the authorities are checking on them, they will run road liao. Unlike illegal immigrants who can be arrested immediately once the police found them without proper documents, these fake cert cheats can't be arrested immediately as they have proper work permit.

Will they be granted whatever the permit if they do not have these certificates in the first place? No, right?

Last edited:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dear Frens,

looking at the postings here there are many fake talents who cant do their job.

In ang mor lands, got performance reviews etc..not up to scratch u get sack...your qualifications are scrutanised etc,,but there are a few loop holes,,but not as bad as singkieland. My comment is to the employers,,if u are the boss,,would u hire this sort of fake qualification incompetence? U pay big bucks u want to get yr moneys worth, so why are employers hiring such useless people? the bottom line not affected meh?

This is how they fire employees. :biggrin:

[video=youtube;yInw8LyWTN8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yInw8LyWTN8[/video]

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

like i said, since i saw it happen with someone filipino i was working with, took a flight home almost straightaway