• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Busted: FTs faking qualifications to get a job in Singapore

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
July 17, 2013
Singapore: 3 Indians jailed for forging documents
http://www.hindustantimes.com/world...d-for-forging-documents/Article1-1093883.aspx

Three Indians were among 25 foreigners who were sentenced up to four weeks in prison by a Singaporean court for submitting forged documents to obtain work permits.

The city state's Manpower ministry said on Wednesday that all of them submitted forged academic certificates to apply for work passes, as they did not possess required university degree.
All 25 accused pleaded guilty to the charges in a court in Singapore on Tuesday. 20 of them were sentenced to four weeks' of imprisonment. The other five were unable to pay 5,000 Singaporean dollars fine and thus will be serving 20 days of jail term instead, the ministry said.

The group includes few chefs, a hairstylist and a dance choreographer. They obtained work passes between May and August 2012 to work in operations, sales and retail.

24 of them obtained forged academic certificates from their home countries, while the other knew that a forged certificate was submitted on her behalf by an employment agent and intentionally failed to notify the Ministry.

The group comprising 20 males and five females, includes 21 from Myanmar, three from India and one from the Philippines.

Singapore has prosecuted 28 offenders for similar offences in the first half this year and 43 last year.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tip of the iceberg.
From blue collar work permit holders to white collar employment pass holders....if pap bothers to catch....

Pariah

Alfrescian
Loyal
How many of these pariah animals are apparently still in the local market 'cheat eat cheat drink'?

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In their greed to earn on worker's levy & rewarding themselves on chairs we could not afford, the sacrificed the SINgapore males that have to serve National Service & complete their Reservist Obligations. Our National Slavery is only worth $100 extras in whatever the give & a $80 vouchers.

There was no stringent checks though we have a good system at MOM, greed..$$$$ is their eyes!!:mad:

songsongjurong

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://reviewtemasek.blogspot.sg/2011/12/revisited-from-2008-on-degree-mills.html

So who are the famous people in Singapore with degrees that are similar to “Dr” Harry Doggy’s? Straits Times mentioned the following:
Expressions International founder “Dr” Theresa Chew.
Bread Talk founder “Dr” George Quek.
“Dr” T. Chandroo who runs 60 Montessori kindergartens.
“Dr” Clemen Chiang who runs options trading seminars.
I remember Clemen Chiang even called his degree-mill alma mata “the prestigious Preston University” in his ads. Now, we all know Preston is a virtual university that gives out PhDs freely for a fee.
What’s worse is that Clemen Chiang is also “widely quoted in the local press”, including the Business Times (see example). Given BT’s past record of uncovering at least one case of people who lied / misled about their credentials (see discussion about the famous Dennis Lee case and article in Time magazine), I don’t know why BT did not do more diligence and still invited “Dr” Chiang to write in its columns.
More from the very enlightening ST article:
“Mr Chiang sheepishly admits that he continues to use his doctorate as it helps to pave the way in business… But he added: ‘But I am thinking of dropping my doctorate title altogether until I complete the current PhD I am working on with the University of South Australia.’ “
Er… which University of South Australia is he referring to? Let’s hope it’s the legitimate one and not another degree mill.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No wonder they put the 3 shit skins jailed in bolded sentences when there were 22 others that were jailed. It's a shit skin paper.

Good news this is but the bad thing is lord knows how many other skins got away.

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
Punishment is too light, especially in view of high number of cases and damage to singapore reputation and locals looking for jobs.

MOM should required a $20k deposit for every work permit, so that in case of prosecution, the convicted felons will have the deposit confiscated. This will be real deterrent, instead of current short jail term which is nothing to them,

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
July 17, 2013
Singapore: 3 Indians jailed for forging documents
http://www.hindustantimes.com/world...d-for-forging-documents/Article1-1093883.aspx

10 year old news ,man. MOM just turns a blind eye to this. probably thousands if not ONE MILLLION FTs who have fake creds and papers.ghjhhg

i believe so
i was working with someone with fake qualifications. none of us knew, but when he suddenly got called up for a random interview with MOM he confessed to the boss and took a flight home the next day...filipino....

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Since these 'forgers' are convicted criminals. Will they be deported n barred from entering singkieland again? If not. Than pap is a weak useless gahmen

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Since these 'forgers' are convicted criminals. Will they be deported n barred from entering singkieland again? If not. Than pap is a weak useless gahmen

Unfortunately, some of these folks can just change their names and come back with a new/borrowed passport unless some biometric functions are/already implemented.

Had someone who was sent back after he was found to be using his brothers passport and credentials.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How many SINgaporeans have to struggle to pay bills, raise children, serve the country...receive endless red notes from HDB, TC, SP, IRAS, & MDA..yes MDA.. Road Tax, Car Park disc, and so forth..while we have FT fakers & or not, steal their jobs from them...and whom did these people vote for?? sometimes, you feel it is worth it!!

Lordshiva

Alfrescian
Loyal
even their new citizens need jobs....

a lot of Fts faking qualifications but no new citizens doing it hor?

hmmm........

Jlokta

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Punishment is too light, especially in view of high number of cases and damage to singapore reputation and locals looking for jobs.

What reputation?

This one?

jobs4Fts.jpg

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Think how many already got their SPR or SC.

i believe so
i was working with someone with fake qualifications. none of us knew, but when he suddenly got called up for a random interview with MOM he confessed to the boss and took a flight home the next day...filipino....

Last edited: