• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Bukit Indah - The Address

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
wow , nice leh ! i like !
i yet to been to Molek , this sat will be my first time ! going there to pick up some prescription k/d dog food for my furkids.

tonto

Alfrescian
Loyal
wow , nice leh ! i like !
i yet to been to Molek , this sat will be my first time ! going there to pick up some prescription k/d dog food for my furkids.

I did not explore too much Molek but came across some houses that look rather big (semi ds) with high walls and metal hooks at the top of the fence wall. SSF is very nearby. Worth checking out if you want to pick up some home stuff. Molek also has quite a fair bit of furniture shops. Some you can find in Bestari as they are chains (like Gossen).

There is one pet shop in BI that provides grooming and boarding. Pet food last time I checked only slightly cheaper. My pug is eating Timberwolf. Just in case you happen to see :p

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
oh , mine is much cheaper , SG Mount Pleasant selling me $5.30/can and JB only RM8.80 , difference of $1.80 or RM$4.48 lor ...
its the same in BI , its called Global pets . noted on yr timberwolf ...

hippoheyhey

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Brothers,

Am a sinkie working my asses off to pay off my 30 year hdb loan to a pigeon hole. Is this the life I want i often ask myself.
Am a newbie in investing/living in JB homes, have read a couple of pages from the forum but it’s impossible to go through all, hope you can spare the time to answer some questions which seem quite basic.

For houses in bukit indah, is setia the only developer? I saw some posts mentioning UEM. Do they develop houses in bukit indah?

For buying/viewing new houses/ projects, do we visit the developer office located here? http://www.spsetia.com.my/bukit_indah_johor/location.htm

My wife is a Malaysian, so we do not have to keep to the minimum MYR500k valuation rule. Are there new projects or do you think there will be new projects which are G&G, below 500k and single storey terraces instead of all the double storey that I see from the setia website?

Tried to search for a bukit indah map on where the currently developing projects are located like Arte, Bellezza, Cadenza but to no avail. Closest that I come across is this http://www.spsetia.com.my/bukit_indah_johor/media/proposedev_l.jpg
Do you know of any webpage that shows the location of these projects?

Are the listed prices in setia’s website higher if the construction is already undergoing and more expensive as the keys become available soon? Meaning are the prices lower if construction has not yet begin, thus longer waiting time, like HDB bto?

How long on average is the jam (driving by car) at JB-Woodlands CIQ, during working days a) morning and b) evening peak hours? What about at CIQ-Tuas?

How long on average is the journey of public buses from Bukit indah to Tuas/ Jurong East interchange during working days peak hours? (CW3, CW6)

marineblue911

Alfrescian
Loyal
I do know that Setia still have some units available new that is less than 500k (ie for Malaysians only), even some units are 1.5 storey ones in the previous launches. They would be alot more reasonable.

http://www.spsetia.com.my/bukit_indah_johor/double-storey-urban-homes-the-coral-property-info.htm

The Coral still has units available from what I heard.

Hi Brothers,

Am a sinkie working my asses off to pay off my 30 year hdb loan to a pigeon hole. Is this the life I want i often ask myself.
Am a newbie in investing/living in JB homes, have read a couple of pages from the forum but it’s impossible to go through all, hope you can spare the time to answer some questions which seem quite basic.

For houses in bukit indah, is setia the only developer? I saw some posts mentioning UEM. Do they develop houses in bukit indah?

For buying/viewing new houses/ projects, do we visit the developer office located here? http://www.spsetia.com.my/bukit_indah_johor/location.htm

My wife is a Malaysian, so we do not have to keep to the minimum MYR500k valuation rule. Are there new projects or do you think there will be new projects which are G&G, below 500k and single storey terraces instead of all the double storey that I see from the setia website?

Tried to search for a bukit indah map on where the currently developing projects are located like Arte, Bellezza, Cadenza but to no avail. Closest that I come across is this http://www.spsetia.com.my/bukit_indah_johor/media/proposedev_l.jpg

Are the listed prices in setia’s website higher if the construction is already undergoing and more expensive as the keys become available soon? Meaning are the prices lower if construction has not yet begin, thus longer waiting time, like HDB bto?

How long on average is the jam (driving by car) at JB-Woodlands CIQ, during working days a) morning and b) evening peak hours? What about at CIQ-Tuas?

How long on average is the journey of public buses from Bukit indah to Tuas/ Jurong East interchange during working days peak hours? (CW3, CW6)

siacw

Alfrescian
Loyal
bus service CW3 from bukit indah interchange to jurong east interchange take slightly less than 1 hour.

Mingchye

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Brothers,

/QUOTE]

Can use googlemaps to the various locations around bukit indah. Besides SP Setia, UEMLand has a mid market development Nusa Idaman right next to Bkt Indah and opp the Columbia Asia hospital. Imho, UEMLand's Nusa Idaman (www.nusaidaman.com) precinct 8 terraces are more worth it (design, built up and quality wise) than SP Setia. Note I am vested in a terrace 8b precisely because I want an "affordable" place in a GnG location and Nusa Idaman 8b fits both criteria as I got my intermediate 2 storey terrace for arnd 476k because I am a Msian. So I can understand where you are coming from. Personally I dont like SP Setia's designs and for that same price NI is probably better.

Another place you can consider is Nusa Sentral though you need to do some research on what some people think of this development. Developer is Countryview.

These new developments are focused on 2 storey because its the most popular choice. SP Setia has 1.5 storey. Again imho, better off with a full 2 storey (bang for buck) and better resale value in future.

Finally, best to drive and check out Bkt Indah area, start by go thru the 2nd link, exit at Pulai interchange, then exit at Nusa Idaman interchange, start by visiting the Nusa Idaman site, then go to SP setia office (the link you put is correct) and then round off by hanging out at the AEON bukit indah to view info/brochures you collected.

tonto

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Brothers,

Location of Arte, Belleza and Cadenza on the map. NI is just next to BI. If you want to view houses, can go to Setia showhouse village (near the roundabout). Prices quoted on Setia website is before discount. You can either go to their office in BI or Singapore (Harbourfront) to enquire. Buying a home is a very personal choice. Suggest you go to the area and experience for yourself.

Bukit Indah is quite a developed township. What it can offer is convenience and amenities surrounding the developments. For its price and size, Setia developments in BI are not exactly value for money. You are paying more for smaller sized land and built up space of your house due to location. The environment is more local as there are more Malaysians living in BI than other developments. For the foreign quota, I believe it has a higher share of Singaporeans. I cannot comment on the quality as I have not lived in one though I am vested in Cadenza.

To find out about other developments such as Nusa Idaman, Nusa Duta, Setia Tropika etc, there are separate sections on them in this forum.

BI and NI.jpg

hippoheyhey

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks to all those who replied:

What about these questions:

Are the listed prices in setia’s website higher if the construction is already undergoing and more expensive as the keys become available soon? Meaning are the prices lower is construction has not yet begin, thus longer waiting time, like HDB bto?

Quoted from bro tonto: "Prices quoted on Setia website is before discount." What discounts are there available beside the 15% bumi discount( not applicable)?

How long on average is the journey of public buses from Bukit indah to Tuas/ Jurong East interchange during working days peak hours jam? (CW3, CW6)
Still around 1 hour?

Where is the exact location of the sales office/ showroom for nusa idaman (UEM land)?

tonto

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks to all those who replied:

What about these questions:

Are the listed prices in setia’s website higher if the construction is already undergoing and more expensive as the keys become available soon? Meaning are the prices lower is construction has not yet begin, thus longer waiting time, like HDB bto?

So far between Mar 2012 and now, the listed prices on Setia website is still the same.

Quoted from bro tonto: "Prices quoted on Setia website is before discount." What discounts are there available beside the 15% bumi discount( not applicable)?

Contact Setia Office directly for discounts.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi sis tonto

The pet shop do not have timberwolf ....
First time drove to Taman Molek , finds e location not to my liking but of coz there are a lot of furnitures adn eateries and locals there and ppl are much friendly ....
But i wont consider to buy the property there , saw the Molek heaven location , wondering why jap/koreans invested there ? Some say coz most of them working near pasir gudang etc ...

does yr super pug looks like this when its Monday ?

pug.jpg

lakeview

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi sis tonto

First time drove to Taman Molek , finds e location not to my liking but of coz there are a lot of furnitures adn eateries and locals there and ppl are much friendly ....
But i wont consider to buy the property there , saw the Molek heaven location , wondering why jap/koreans invested there ? Some say coz most of them working near pasir gudang etc ...

View attachment 5850

There are quite a few roads that link to Molek, i believe you may have difficulty in getting there for 1st timer.

Molek is a financial district with all the international banks' branch located here.

Molek, Austin, Sutera & BI make up the Four heavenly king district in JB.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are quite a few roads that link to Molek, i believe you may have difficulty in getting there for 1st timer.

Molek is a financial district with all the international banks' branch located here.

Molek, Austin, Sutera & BI make up the Four heavenly king district in JB.

Oic , i went by the route from Ponderosa , and while gg back , i went by the route near johor jaya ....
Yes , i saw some banks over there , but they do not have those tall commercials buldings , just like a shop house with banks ...

lakeview

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oic , i went by the route from Ponderosa , and while gg back , i went by the route near johor jaya ....
Yes , i saw some banks over there , but they do not have those tall commercials buldings , just like a shop house with banks ...

As it's not HQ, so shop house is sufficient for the branch office. Some bank like Scotia, RBS, UOB they do take up few 3 storey unit & link together which is quite big for a branch office.

With 2 golf course, nearby hypermart, some waterfront living, good mix of shop for commercial, restaurant, pub, spa. Expat & local working in the east/central/north of JB will favour this place.

tonto

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi sis tonto

View attachment 5850

Thanks for looking out for the timberwolf :smile: soo cute that pug. Mine will start to look like that when she sees me eating and I didn't share what I am eating with her. Will act all pitiful, as if I didn't feed her for a long time ha ha.

I share your sentiments about Molek. It could be because I had expectations that it will be very buzzing. But somehow the place felt a little dated. But it does have its appeal if what one is looking for is an understated charm. A bit like comparing our Holland Village to downtown Clarke Quay. Maybe its a place to escape to when the Sutera Mall area becomes too crowded. When I went from Molek to Sutera, there was a fast expressway that leads me to Sutera quite quickly, no jam and bypass BI/Bestari entirely.

It would be nice if the BI area could have more lifestyle choices like the Sutera Mall shops/eateries. Most of the commercial buildings near the roundabout/Setia office/Aeon are not opened yet, except for the club with big banner/signage. Actually its nice to have a good balance of local influence and lifestyle choices. Like local restaurants (no frills type) serving good local fair and quaint eateries for a nice dining experience occasionally. I am wondering if those commercial buildings being constructed near the BI pet shop (Indahbiz) would be for office or food joints. If its for food then it'll be great.

Sis Crystal, do you know the location of the mosque that will be built around NI/BI, as my area is just next to yours I also want to know if I will be affected. I saw on the location marked on the map that they are building 3-4 storey buildings, so wonder what they are building (condo, office or something else?).

BI and NI-1.jpg

Last edited:

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
for 3rd-4th storeys, it should be the NI commercial buildings .
NI just release apartments yesterday , at the another side of the lake , the prices are quite attractive , targetting malaysians working in SG ....
as for the mosque , no one knows it at the moment , maybe not much supporting , it wont be built at all . as I noticed most chinese are buying at NI. ... after all there is a prayer room , right side of P8 , its gd enough if there is not much demand from NI residents ....