• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Breaking news: Suspect arrested for murder

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
No commando but burly officer. Cane cannot break but split. Prisoner is placed on a wooden framed and strapped. Top of buttock is covered/protected. Prison MO is present if the chap can take it after each stroke. Only MO can stop the stroke.

It so bad that accused during sentencing have requested longer jail term in exchange for no strokes however not allowed.

yes, it is true that if they cry or scream, they lose face.

Heard from someone who used to work as prison officer. He said that the inmates will be briefed, stripped naked, and queue up... waiting to be canned.

The cane is about 1.5m long, about thickness of our thumb. The caner is a prison commando. He used ALL his strength to cane the ass. Sometimes the cane will be broken too.

alvin36

Alfrescian
Loyal
not that i don't hv any sympathy for the victim, just that do u all really think those thugs will kill the poor guy for no apparent reason? he n his friends must hv done something to antagonise them in the first place (of course no matter how much they hated each other, they do not necessary hv to resort to violence which resulted in murder)

You have a point too.

If you read today NEW PAPER, it seems to hint that Daren's friends all AH BENGS too. Some of his friends has police records for rioting. And when the reporter visits the wake. His father was calm and civil, but his friends were rude.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No commando but burly officer. Cane cannot break but split. Prisoner is placed on a wooden framed and strapped. Top of buttock is covered/protected. Prison MO is present if the chap can take it after each stroke. Only MO can stop the stroke.

It so bad that accused during sentencing have requested longer jail term in exchange for no strokes however not allowed.

I've sent some criminals to the cane before (rioting with weapons and armed robbery cases) but I myself haven't witnessed a caning session. However, I understand it's only one stroke per prisoner per session. There's no second stroke on the same prisoner in the same session. He's allowed to heal until the MO OKs the next stroke, usually between one to three months.

rofthelper

Alfrescian
Loyal
20101103_km_lcn_staring_incident1.jpg

在白沙乐怡度假村(Downtown East)凶杀案中遇害的19岁理工学院学生,当天是到那里准备参加朋友的庆生会,不料疑因瞪眼风波而遭数名年龄相仿青年砍死。

死者黄伟杰(译音)遭攻击前同两个朋友在快餐店用餐。其中一人昨天说,命案发生前,涉案青年已因死者多看他们几眼而问罪,死者为息事宁人向对方道歉。

他们以为误会解开,各走各路,怎料对方过后竟冲过来,在众目睽睽下追砍死者。

这起“瞪眼命案”上星期六下午5时30分发生。涉案4名华族嫌犯前晚被警方逮捕,他们介于18到20岁,今天被控上法庭。警方相信还有其他涉案者。

黄伟杰的朋友说,他们正要参加另一个朋友的庆生会。

死者生前与家人住在巴西立第1通道怡翠园私人公寓,他是唯一的儿子,有个姐姐。

当天,黄伟杰开车载几个朋友到度假村。他们闲逛后想找餐厅用餐,就在物色合适餐厅时,几个青年突然怒问黄伟杰之前为何向他们瞪眼。

黄伟杰推测可能是误会,但不想惹麻烦,于是道歉。以为没事了,继续与朋友闲逛,怎料那批人怒气冲冲跑过来,其中两人持刀。他们发现不妙,立刻往不同方向逃跑。

Sauce: Zaobao via OMY

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
No, all must be delivered at the same session. If MO stops, no further caning even after recovery. Max 24.

I've sent some criminals to the cane before (rioting with weapons and armed robbery cases) but I myself haven't witnessed a caning session. However, I understand it's only one stroke per prisoner per session. There's no second stroke on the same prisoner in the same session. He's allowed to heal until the MO OKs the next stroke, usually between one to three months.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No, all must be delivered at the same session. If MO stops, no further caning even after recovery. Max 24.

24 strokes in one session is only physically possible in the old kingdom where they whipped the back. I can't imagine how's that possible on the butt now. They'll be no butt left unless they're using kiddy cane or it's Leetahbar's thick hide butt. :eek: :biggrin:

jw5

Loyal
You have a point too.

If you read today NEW PAPER, it seems to hint that Daren's friends all AH BENGS too. Some of his friends has police records for rioting. And when the reporter visits the wake. His father was calm and civil, but his friends were rude.
I disagree with that completely.
If this was a gang fight with both sides using weapons and someone got killed, then we can perhaps say that the victim's group was also to blame.
But this was a case where only one side was using weapons, chasing after the group without weapons and making victory signs and laughing before and after slashing their victim.
It doesn't matter if the victim's group had been rude. The attackers could have retaliated by being even more rude verbally. Once they used their weapons, they should pay a heavy price. And so should their parents.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It doesn't matter if the victim's group had been rude. The attackers could have retaliated by being even more rude verbally. Once they used their weapons, they should pay a heavy price. And so should their parents.

Scene from Unforgiven...

Gene Hackman (as Little Billy) : You coward, you've just shot an unarmed man.

Clint Eastwood (as William Munny) : Well, he should have armed himself if he wanted to decorate his place with my friend.

Moral of the story, if you want to act tough, be prepared for the going to get rough.

jw5

Loyal
This case has made me very angry. There have been similar cases in the past.

Several years ago, three men were at a void deck making a ruckus in the early hours of the morning. An individual went to ask them to lower their voices. An argument followed and there was a scuffle which resulted in the death of the individual. The eventual sentence for the 3 men was less than 4 years each. They should be out by now.

A more recent incident occured near chinatown where a group of teenagers set upon another teenager after a staring incident. I believe that the verdict was disorderly conduct and rioting, and they spent months in jail if not at all.

We may speculate whether the charges would be murder, manslaughter or disorderly conduct with rioting, but the outcome would be the same. The attackers would get off after little or no time in jail. No one will get hanged or sentenced for life, you can be sure of that. Law and order may be maintained (after the event), but justice is seldom served.

jw5

Loyal
Scene from Unforgiven...

Clint Eastwood (as William Munny) : Well, he should have armed himself if he wanted to decorate his place with my friend.

Moral of the story, if you want to act tough, be prepared for the going to get rough.
Clint shot the unarmed man, because he had just roughed up a woman (a prostitute I believe), including breaking her arm and disfiguring her face.

As Deputy US Marshall Raylan Given would say: "He pulled. I shot him. It was justified."

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
We had the same discussion before and I felt that same.

This case has made me very angry. There have been similar cases in the past.

Several years ago, three men were at a void deck making a ruckus in the early hours of the morning. An individual went to ask them to lower their voices. An argument followed and there was a scuffle which resulted in the death of the individual. The eventual sentence for the 3 men was less than 4 years each. They should be out by now.

A more recent incident occured near chinatown where a group of teenagers set upon another teenager after a staring incident. I believe that the verdict was disorderly conduct and rioting, and they spent months in jail if not at all.

We may speculate whether the charges would be murder, manslaughter or disorderly conduct with rioting, but the outcome would be the same. The attackers would get off after little or no time in jail. No one will get hanged or sentenced for life, you can be sure of that. Law and order may be maintained (after the event), but justice is seldom served.

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hello Mr Ramseth

Nowadays got 'YOUtube to watch real caning, you know?

When you born?

Know how to post in this forum but don't know got such thing as 'Youtube'

The ppl here amazes me!:biggrin:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
24 strokes in one session is only physically possible in the old kingdom where they whipped the back. I can't imagine how's that possible on the butt now. They'll be no butt left unless they're using kiddy cane or it's Leetahbar's thick hide butt. :eek: :biggrin:

All canings must be administered in one sitting. No one can tahan 24. But once u are medically determined not to be able to take anymore by the prison MO, than all caning is stopped. Any strokes not administered is waived. Not allowed to carry over to the next session. There is no next session. If you lose consciousness after 1/2 the strokes administered to you, that is cause for the MO to stop, and that's the end. I am surprised u don't know this given your prior occupation.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

You have a point. My uncle had slashed and slaughtered don't know how many people in his life, knew Beach Road and Robinson Road lockups like his own backyard and went to Pulau Senang for two spells of vacation. It was also fortunate that he was released a few days before the Pulau Senang riot. It was one of the rare cases where rioting (even with weapon and causing death) ended up in death penalty.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Clint shot the unarmed man, because he had just roughed up a woman (a prostitute I believe), including breaking her arm and disfiguring her face.

As Deputy US Marshall Raylan Given would say: "He pulled. I shot him. It was justified."

Clint shot the unarmed man because he is the new owner of Greely's bar. His character is called Skinny Dubois. Skinny is also the pimp of the woman who was cut up. Skinny's bar is the HQ for the posse that Gene Hackman was rounding up to go after Clint's character William Muny. Skinny put Muny's dead friend Ned (Morgan Freeman) in an open coffin outside his bar, so the whole town going by can see it. Muny was pissed off at this, and after he shot Skinny, he said "Well, he should have armed himself if he's going to decorate his saloon with my friend".

Skinny did not rough up the woman, in fact, he did not like what happened to her, as she could not work as much after that, and as her pimp, it mean less money. The woman delilah Fitzgerald (Played by Anna Levine) had her face cut up by 2 drunk cowboys. they did not break her arm.

I just can't bare to see any inaccuracies in this movie.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Scene from Unforgiven...

I don't think that is a good example. Skinny Dubois, the saloon owner that was shot was hardly a tough character or even acting tough in the movie. He never carried a gun, and was always wearing the bartender apron. Tall skinny balding guy hardly was tough looking nor did he act that tough. he was only tough with the hookers working for him. A better example would be the Schoffield kid, who act and talk tough about how many people he killed and all that. But when it came to killling time, he was not cut out for it.

jw5

Loyal
We had the same discussion before and I felt that same.
The fact that we have discussed these cases before only proves that they have been happening again and again, and nothing substantial has been done to alleviate the problem.
In my view, the parents have to be involved and suffer harsh penalties, in the case of young killers. Otherwise, nothing will change.