• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Breaking news: Suspect arrested for murder

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Families of the assailants may decide on Subhas not because of his success rate for death penalty cases. In the first place, this won't be a mati case.

Families involved, through feedback from friends and relatives, will perceive Subhas as THE ONE to go to coz he is quite a high profile chap for these high profile cases. He makes himself available for these cases.

Even the less educated knows who Subhas is and they have no problems pronouncing his name accurately. Subhas is that famous to a certain category of the population. This category may not know who is the Chief Justice, AG or Law Minister but they know Subhas!

Actually, I was a bit unfair to use the name Subhas in my question, but inadvertently since he's been the most high profile death penalty case defence counsel (distinct from death penalty law objector like Ravi).

I should have phrased my question, out of so many sent on trial for capital cases, how many escaped the gallows, regardless of defence counsel?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro,

Ah Lau took you for a ride. Let me explain. Joining a gang is not like joining a gym. There are rules and it must be followed. No member of gang will kill anyone without the go-ahead. However those in the junior ranks are encouraged to do the ritualistic thing and that is to show their prowess and be tagged a tiger (a fighter).

The next day, they will hand themselves over to the Police for the next stage which is to serve a jail term.

If you look at SS murder cases, there are no hanging except for one case that I recall. None of them will also go to trial as they will plead guilty to murder and get 7 years.

Upon their release, they will join the senior ranks. From here no fights, no nothing until sanctioned. Fights only occur after settlement talks fail.

Ah Lau did join the gang to pluck flowers and volunteer for RC. They are there to extort, provide protection for vice and gambling dens which are run by associates.

All gang members know that they will not be hanged.

Ever heard the term "grass slipper" ?

These farking idiots are a complete disgrace to the 369 gang! One ah lau who was an ex-SS leader in the 70s told me that real SS fellows will not engage in senseless attacks unnecessarily. That's why, he becomes enraged whenever he reads about such fights and attacks, and will not hesitate to beat the shit out of these mother farkers for disgracing their reputation! BTW, this ah lau is a Hong Gar Kuen expert and an experienced street fighter, who had been in and out of prison during his younger days for a serious of organised crime.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Subhas will never ever become an SC. It requires litigation skills. Subhas is a well known criminal lawyer by default. In the last 30 years, fees from corporate legal work, conveyancing, commercial work has risen rapidly that only the mediocre end up doing criminal expense. There is very little money. Most of subhas cases are cases assigned by the state. 90% of murder accused have no money in the first place.

Those who got money like TT Durai, Khoo Ban Hock, etc will hire Sant Singh who is an excellent criminal lawyer. Sant only leaves his Perth home when the money is right.

Believe me, if you have money, don't pick Subhas.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Actually one of the most scary gang-fights I have witness was in the 70s at Bugis Street between two gangs and nearly 30 to 40 of them with weapons chopping each other.

I was selling beef noodles back then and quickly duck under trays of beef for cover ..... It was horrific with the sounds of flesh being sliced open and axe thumping heads ... nearly pee from fright ..... as the fightings were few feet away from me ...

After the gang clash finished .... stood up and horror of horrors, my beef were stained with human blood ...:mad:

I grew up in Big Horse Road area back then. The Bugis gangsters only famous for one thing. Ambush, rob and bashing up drunk angmo sailors. The REAL gangsters were those from Hylam street :biggrin:

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nov 3, 2010
DOWNTOWN EAST MURDER
3 charged with murder
By Elena Chong

THREE men were charged in court on Wednesday morning with the murder of a polytechnic student at Downtown East last Saturday.

Ho Wui Ming, 20, Tang Jia Min, 21, and Chen Wei Zhen, 19, allegedly caused the death of Darren Ng Wei Jie, 19, together with Edward Tay Wei Loong, 18, and several others while being members of an unlawful assembly.

The trio were remanded until next Wednesday for investigation. They were said to be hiding at the SAF Yacht club in Tanah Merah Coast road when police came to arrest them.

Last Saturday's attack on Mr Ng, a second-year student at Republic Polytechnic, is believed to have taken place after his alleged assailants accused him of staring at them.

Mr Ng was said to have been chased for more than 400m by a gang of nine and hacked with choppers at about 6pm.

rofthelper

Alfrescian
Loyal
Murder suspect in ICU

downtowneastmurder-shinmin.jpg

18-year-old, who was among four nabbed, hit his head while trying to get away from police
By Mavis Toh & Kimberly Spykerman

Mr Ng (insert) was said to be close to his parents and older sister. -- PHOTO: SHINMIN

IN A new twist to the Downtown East murder case, one of the suspects is in intensive care after injuring himself while trying to get away from the police.

The 18-year-old was one of four young men arrested on Monday in connection with the murder of student Darren Ng Wei Jie.

Link: http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_598694.html

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That red colour is easy to spot but then again Mas Selamat was in bright orange and he went all the way to Johore.

The 'hantu' took of the clothes and lend him, that was why he was invisible & special powers to float on toliet rolls & 'smoke on the water', all the way to Johor.:biggrin:

alvin36

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have not been caned. But I do know that SS chaps CANNOT cry while being caned. They lose all face when tears come down. They aren't even supposed to scream. Reputation and face at stake.

Not sure about others without SS background but am pretty sure there will be some who scream and cry coz it is only natural to do so when in massive pain.

Caning is only done in the presence of the Supt of Prison, a medical doctor and the chap caning the prisoner. There are also "helpers" or wardens around to clean up the mess - blood, before the next prisoner is caned.

yes, it is true that if they cry or scream, they lose face.

Heard from someone who used to work as prison officer. He said that the inmates will be briefed, stripped naked, and queue up... waiting to be canned.

The cane is about 1.5m long, about thickness of our thumb. The caner is a prison commando. He used ALL his strength to cane the ass. Sometimes the cane will be broken too.

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
i have being wondering how they cane with such precision man. are there cases where they miss kill and hit the spine?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Remanded in CID fro investigation and not prison. Own clothes. Hoping to get luck with red.

Should be prison uniform? Anyway, where are their ang kong never show. This case too serious liao, even MINDEF will push the 2 NSF case to MHA. :biggrin: