• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

BN may be guilty of massive electoral fraud

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
DAP got to overcome the perception that they are chinese centric party. Chinese support for DAP has reach it saturation point and the party needs to win the support of Malay if they ever hope to reach a new height in the next GE. To do so, they can't depend on Chinese candidates and helpers to do the job, that doesn't has much legitimacy. The best person to talk to the Malay especially the rural malay is still Malay. DAP needs more Malay candidates.

DAP needs to start injecting more Malay blood into its leadership. That will naturally change the perception. Both PKR and DAP should be multiracial parties in the long run. However, DAP is making inroads into changing the perception. More Malays are voting for it now.

kensington

Alfrescian
Loyal

Blatant vote buying by UMNO.
Too bad for them, too many cameras around nowadays. Smile, you're on candid camera !!!

http://www.sarawakreport.org/2013/05/caught-on-camera-bns-hatchet-faced-vote-buyers/
Interesting read and photos inside...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=562759047102600&set=a.420702941308212.99801.416856241692882&type=1

Attempt to steal Nurul’s victory

Perhaps the most brazen attempted rigging at this election was the onslaught on Nurul Izzah’s Lembah Pantai seat. Not only was the bribery rampant, but as the count was being finalised in her favour this evening the Election Commission officials came up with an extraordinary request.

They needed everyone to clear the count, so that they could take a ‘rest’!

The 15 PKR observers refused to accept the proposal and stayed on. Shortly after a car drew up outside the count stuffed with ballot boxes inside! The Election Commission officials attempted to force this late entry of extra mystery votes into the count!

A human barricade prevented the ballot boxes from being illegally introduced at this late stage, which Federal Reserve Unit officers attempted to disperse. The people refused to leave and the ballot boxes are still the in car and were not were not allowed into the count.

Nurul has been officially declared the winner thanks to the actions of the people who refused to allow their rights to be violated.
Pakatan is having a protest rally at Kelana Jaya Stadium tonight. There is a livefeed on this link :http://anilnetto.com/malaysian-politics/malaysian-elections/live-kelana-jaya-stadium-event/

RandomNexus

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.malaysiakini.com/news/229430

Exercising his constitutional right to justice at the Tapah vote counting centre proved to be disastrous for PKR parliamentary candidate K Vasantha Kumar.

He was pushed out of the Tapah constituency counting centre, the Dewan Merdeka in the town, by members of the police Light Strike Force at 11pm on Sunday.

Vasantha Kumar said eight policemen pushed him out after he queried Election Commission (EC) officers on what he calimed were irregularities as there were mixed votes in ballot boxes and missing ballot boxes. The missing boxes had not arrived at the counting centre as at 11pm.

The postal votes had allegedly been combined with the parliamentary and state constituency ballot papers in the mixed ballot boxes.

“I requested a recount because the parliamentary and state ballot papers were mixed up in one parliament ballot box. Further, there were ballot papers placed outside the box.

“I made the request also because four boxes from Chenderiang and five boxes from Ayer Kuning were not in the counting hall at the Dewan Merdaka. Following the request, EC officers brought in two boxes from Ayer Kuning. The other seven boxes had still not arrived.

“At the same time, I requested the 91 Form 14s from the 91 polling centres and an EC officer refused, Vasantha Kumar told Malaysiakini.

“Some of the Form 14s were not properly signed and endorsed by the EC officers.

“It was at this point that BN’s candidate, M Saravanan, came into the centre and raised his voice and ‘threatened’ me.

“I told him to not interfere as this was a dispute between me and the EC. The dispute was over the ballot papers from the state seats of Chenderiang and Ayer Kuning.

“At that point the results for the Perak state seats were 29 for BN and 28 for Pakatan. I insisted on the recount because the results from these two seats would be the deciding factor in the formation of the next Perak government.

“When I insisted that these documents be produced before the announcement of the results, the returning officer instructed the police to push my polling agents and me out of the hall.”

At this juncture, Vasantha Kumar said, “Saravanan threw a chair at me while I was being pushed out.”

“I was shocked when the police manhandled me, pushing me 50m out of the centre, while Saravanan and his assistant tried to attack me. However, the police stopped them.”

Vasantha Kumar claimed that he and his counting agents were pushed out by the police all the way to the main road outside the hall.

‘No representative to monitor ballot boxes’

“The policemen then barricaded the counting hall and did not allow me to go in. At that time I had no representative inside in the hall to ensure that the ballot boxes were not tampered with.”

He alleged that during this time, Saravanan and the two BN candidates for the two state seats (Chenderiang and Ayer Kuning) were allowed to be inside the hall as the results were being finalised.

Vasantha Kumar said the EC officers directed the policemen to keep him outside the hall for about an hour.

“After an hour I demanded that as the official candidate for Tapah, I should be allowed into the hall.”

Upon his re-entry into the hall, Vasantha Kumar walked straight to the returning officer and requested the verification of the 91 Form 14s from all the 91 polling centres and a recount of the ballot papers.

“The returning officer declined my request. He told me to take any dispute on the matter to the courts.

“I disagreed with the results they were about to announce as the Form 14s were not furnished and there was no proper recount of the postal votes and ballot papers. Shortly afterward, about 1am, the results were announced - that BN’s Saravanan and its two state assembly candidates had won.”

These two state assembly results clinched BN’s victory in the Perak state assembly, with 31 seats over Pakatan’s 28.

Vasantha Kumar lodged a report at the Tapah police station at 1.30am yesterday.

He said that he was willing to appear before any tribunal and provide his evidence, with video recordings and pictures of the high-handed actions on the part of the authorities.

When contacted and asked about the presence of police in the counting hall, returning officer Razali Bakar said he could not make any statement without referring to the higher authorities.

RandomNexus

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.malaysiakini.com/news/229552

A PKR security aide in the Tapah parliamentary constituency, K Murugan, 36, disappeared on May 1 and his body was found three days later, floating in a pond near Batu Gajah, Perak.

The PKR candidate for the seat, K Vasantha Kumar, said the loyal party worker's face was brutally smashed, body slashed and tied with barbed wire. He was dumped into the pond together with 52kg of scrap metal.

"I was shocked to find out that my security aide was cruelly murdered. Apparently, he was killed to warn me and the local Indian community that I should back out of the election," said Vasantha Kumar, who lost by 7,927 votes to the BN's M Saravanan in a four-cornered fight.

"Murugan(right) and my helpers were intimidated not to campaign for me and it appears the murder was politically-motivated.

"Murugan had continuously informed me, prior to his death, that he was receiving threatening calls and messages from BN supporters to abandon me, for the sake of his life.

"Despite, all these threats, Murugan told me he would work with me for the people and for change in Tapah," Vasantha Kumar told Malaysiakini.

Murugan joined Vasantha Kumar as a security aide on April 18. He also assisted in the election campaign, taking the PKR candidate to meet with the local people in villages.

Left home after a midnight phone call

Batu Gajah residents discovered his corpse floating in the pond and informed the police.

"Since, the police could not identify the bashed-up face and body, they contacted the family, as his sister K Vasuki had on May 2 filed a missing person report," Vasantha Kumar (left) said.

On May 1, Murugan and local Indian youths organised a ceramah at Taman Sri Bidor where he lived, a predominantly Indian area in Tapah. More than 500 people attended the rally at which Vasantha Kumar spoke.

"According to his sister, Murugan received a call at midnight on May 1 and he left immediately on his motorcycle. He never returned home.

"His family came to the PKR operations centre to find out his whereabouts and my office assistants informed Vasuki that he was not with me," Vasantha Kumar said, adding that Murugan's funeral was held in Tapah yesterday.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
http://ca.news.yahoo.com/analysis-race-politics-may-stunt-reforms-malaysia-election-232414379.html

Analysis: Race politics may stunt reforms after Malaysia election
ReutersBy Stuart Grudgings | Reuters – 1 hour 57 minutes ago

KUALA LUMPUR (Reuters) - Malaysia's racially divisive election result has sparked a battle within the country's ruling party that is likely to slow Prime Minister Najib Razak's drive to reform the economy and roll back policies favoring majority ethnic Malays.

Najib's Barisan Nasional (BN) coalition retained power in Sunday's election in the multi-ethnic Southeast Asian nation. But the coalition lost the popular vote and turned in its worst-ever electoral performance as it was heavily abandoned by the minority Chinese and rejected by many voters of all races in urban areas.

Najib was quick to blame the outcome on the swing by Chinese voters to the opposition alliance, putting a racial interpretation on the result that has struck a chord with traditionalists in his United Malays National Organisation (UMNO).

UMNO, which dominates Barisan, now faces a leadership election in October or November that is likely to be fought between traditional and reformist wings.

"The ideological lines have been drawn within UMNO," said Khairy Jamuluddin, a reformist who heads the party's youth wing, in a posting on Twitter. "Game on."

Any major reforms are likely to be postponed until the leadership is decided, although Najib has said he will push for national "reconciliation" and press ahead with a $444 billion economic masterplan aimed at attracting investment and doubling incomes by 2020.

Conservatives have blamed ethnic polarization and Chinese "disloyalty" while reformists have urged Najib to expand steps to make UMNO more inclusive beyond its base of poor, rural Malays.

Utusan Malaysia, a newspaper controlled by UMNO, sought to portray Sunday's election result in racial terms, with one headline saying: "What more do the Chinese want?"

Malaysia's former and longest-serving prime minister, Mahathir Mohamad, a powerful figure in UMNO, was quoted by local media as saying "ungrateful Chinese" and "greedy Malays" were to blame for the result.

"It may be the starting shot of what's to come for Najib," Oi Kee Beng, deputy director of Singapore's Institute of Southeast Asian Studies, said of conservative reactions to the result. "At the same time, I think he is their (UMNO's) best asset despite everything."

FRAUD

Najib also has to deal with a strong opposition that is claiming that Barisan won the election through fraud. On Wednesday, tens of thousands of opposition activists thronged a stadium on the outskirts of the capital Kuala Lumpur in response to a call from opposition leader Anwar Ibrahim.

"This is merely the beginning of the battle between the people and an illegitimate, corrupt and arrogant government," Anwar, a former deputy prime minister, told the crowd, many of whom wore black to symbolize mourning.

Najib, the 59-year-old son of a former prime minister, had far higher approval ratings than his party in the run-up to the election and has few obviously strong rivals to replace him.

Taking power in 2009, he staked his fortunes on reforms aimed at spurring growth, increasing transparency and dismantling affirmative action policies.

But Najib's ambitions have been curbed by conservative interests within UMNO. He has failed to come up with major steps to roll back the ethnic privileges that are seen as having benefited an elite of well-connected Malays more than the poor majority.

The government does not provide an ethnic breakdown of the population, but Malays make up about 60 percent of the 28 million people, while Chinese comprise more than 25 percent. The country also has a significant minority of ethnic Indians.

Barisan won 133 seats in the 222-member parliament, but only 47 percent of the popular vote, compared to the opposition's 50 percent.

"The polarization in this voting trend worries the government," Najib said. "We are afraid that if this is allowed to continue, it will create tensions."

But Barisan has also come in for criticism from younger voters for corruption and patronage politics that critics say have been the hallmark of its 56 years in power.

Liew Chin Tong, an opposition member of parliament from the southern state of Johor, said Najib appeared to be taking the wrong message from the election result.

"It was not just the Chinese who swung against Barisan Nasional. There were many young first-time and second-time voters who voted against the BN," he told Reuters.

Najib now looks more vulnerable to traditionalists in his party who are opposed to his tentative steps to phase out the policies that favor ethnic Malays, introduced two years after traumatic race riots in 1969.

Those policies have been a pillar of UMNO's support but have been a prime cause of ethnic Chinese and Indian alienation and investors say they stunt growth and investment in Southeast Asia's third-largest economy.

Najib's efforts to roll back these policies and other politically sensitive reforms - such as the introduction of a consumption tax to reduce Malaysia's dependence on oil revenues and lowering fuel and food subsidies to tackle a chronic budget deficit - could be put on the backburner for now.

"The outlook for direct investment will remain uncertain until it becomes clearer whether or not Najib's reform-minded policies will continue," HSBC economists said in a note after the result.

The opposition's Liew said Najib's choices of cabinet members in the coming days would be a crucial indication of whether his new government would try to appeal across ethnic groups or only to its Malay base.

"His comments on the Chinese is rhetoric," Liew said. "What we need to see is who he will include in his cabinet. Will it be made up of UMNO extremists or younger members from the middle ground? We also have to see if he will include the Chinese."

(Additional reporting by Niluksi Koswanage, Siva Sithraputhran, Anuradha Raghu and Angie Teo; editing by Raju Gopalakrishnan)