• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Best Mee Pok Stall

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can't believe you guys continue eating that stuff bak chor mee. First try for curiosity, I can understand. Eat it again and again? Oh please, that's the worst dish Chinese has ever invented. I'd rather grab a junk burger, it's any time better.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro, the Tampines Round Market's food not bad... Used to go there and eat when I'm still staying with my parents back then.. If you live at Tampines, try dropping by this hawker centre at Bedok North.. Its is located near to the Bedok police station.. Good food, good crowd too.. Used to go there with my wife during courtship time and most of its stalls close quite a late.. Some stalls are even open till 2 am..

are u toking about blk 85 of bedok north? Bak Choo Mee there famous. The authentic stall is the corner stall, only got soup type.

that market started out with only 4-5 stall catering to the nght crowd. i remember walking home from there after the last bus left. It was the row facing the road that cater to the night crowd. It were 3 bok cho mee stalls, one drink stall and one tze cha stall. The satay was sold by another in the market. That was around 1989-1991 but after i move away after a few years, the whole market changed and many more stalls also sell at night.

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I think the mee pok stall opposite the famous yongtaufoo stall is not bad. It's belachan chilli.
I usually order $4 and it's nice. I hope the standard is still there. I think it's operated by Malaysians.

The Sungei Road laksa is still very very very good with added hum of course!!! Charcoal laksa!!! Damned shiok!

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The Crawford Lane bak choe mee I think the standard drops and the price shoots up! I saw the ingredients are precooked!!! Got one China worker.
But the queue is still there. I think most of the meepok stalls in food court sucks! Many are prepared by FTs!

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Can't believe you guys continue eating that stuff bak chor mee. First try for curiosity, I can understand. Eat it again and again? Oh please, that's the worst dish Chinese has ever invented. I'd rather grab a junk burger, it's any time better.
Can't believe you continue eating that stuff burger. First try for curiosity, I can understand. Eat it again and again? Oh please, that's the worst dish ever invented. I'd rather grab a wantan mee it's any time better.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Are you referring to the stall in the coffeeshop behind Jalan Bersar hawker center? If so, I find standard drop liao.

I think the mee pok stall opposite the famous yongtaufoo stall is not bad. It's belachan chilli.
I usually order $4 and it's nice. I hope the standard is still there. I think it's operated by Malaysians.

The Sungei Road laksa is still very very very good with added hum of course!!! Charcoal laksa!!! Damned shiok!

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
The Crawford Lane bak choe mee I think the standard drops and the price shoots up! I saw the ingredients are precooked!!! Got one China worker.
But the queue is still there. I think most of the meepok stalls in food court sucks! Many are prepared by FTs!

The moment any foodstall hires PRC, you can say bye-bye to the standard of the food.

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal

Can't believe you continue eating that stuff burger. First try for curiosity, I can understand. Eat it again and again? Oh please, that's the worst dish ever invented. I'd rather grab a wantan mee it's any time better.

LOL! Good paraphrasing. To each his own taste. :wink:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hole in the wall coffee shop on upper east coast rd near siglap rd. mee pok stall sells the best mee pok ta. everytime in sg will take a morning stroll along track on siglap lateral park and have breakfast at the shop. coffee lady wears butterfly jeans, all day all week all the time... probably in bed too.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The standard is still there, I like the chef, he knows what I want without telling him, hahah....

blueblobster

Alfrescian
Loyal
There used to be this stall near Kembangan MRT. Prepared by an old man who served only meepok. In fact, I think the stall is named "mee pok". Excellent chilli and soup. One of the best meepok I've tasted. Went back there last year and the stall was gone. Replaced by a new, fanciful coffeeshop you see all over the island these days.

Anyone know about this mee pok stall and whether the old man is still around?

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There used to be this stall near Kembangan MRT. Prepared by an old man who served only meepok. In fact, I think the stall is named "mee pok". Excellent chilli and soup. One of the best meepok I've tasted. Went back there last year and the stall was gone. Replaced by a new, fanciful coffeeshop you see all over the island these days.

Anyone know about this mee pok stall and whether the old man is still around?

Yes I used to stay at Lengkong Dua. That was the best mee pok tah. Not sure they are still there and the parking is easy too.

Last edited:

©過路稻草人®™

Alfrescian
Loyal
The simpang stall have a branch beside the Bedok interchange at the NTUC Foodfare. Tried both stall but found the new branch at Bedok central lackadaisical . No queue no need to wait.... Cos noodle in a lump and fish ball overcook very hard....

dankos

Anybody like the kok kok bak chore mee that used to be at blk 1a eunos? Now they shifted to changi rd. But also chinaman cooking it now. Boss no cook Liao only collect $

Last edited:

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
the sarawak kolok wanton mee at mbs raspaya sucks full time...$6.80!!!...prepared by FTs!!!...go and taste it before it's gone!