• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Best Mee Pok Stall

©過路稻草人®™

Alfrescian
Loyal
The first stall in this area that sell soup base bak chore mee is now at 511 Bedok north, nam tian xing. They originally started out 1960 at old chai chee cinema then move to demolished chai chee market and then finally move to 511 Bedok north. Standard have drop tremendously recently , portion ridiculously tiny for $3. Even my puny 5 year can take 1.5 bowls. Noodles now have a very alkaline taste, kiao or dumpling comes in a clump. And in the 60s - 80s there is no pork ball only kiao or dumpling. Now stall owner all lazy just throw pork ball.

As for seng hiang (corner stall) at 85 they only converted to selling soup base bak chore mee in the early 80s and the ah poh bak chore mee at the middle near chai chee porridge at 85 is the brother in law to seng hiang . They have a branch over at 16 Bedok south and tampines round market. Also portion is pathetically tiny. No dumpling only pork ball. I suggest give all the three stall at 85 a miss. Cos it's the obvious case of the first not being the best.

As for soup based bak chore mee, I found that at 58 Bedok south market have two stall back to back selling the same style bak chor mee. One in the middle have very generous portion for a $3 order, but standard of noodle , or springiness of the noodle not consistent, the order of extra noodles does cause the tau chiu to fumble. But the kilo is very original.

As for the stall 58 bak chor mee have to wait for 20 minutes and yes I would rate the noodle to be of consistent standard but the soup is rather saltish and too much lard . Plus the soup does have msg as they add fish sauce . It does not have the constant thirst problem. Whereas the others make one reach for water constantly after eating them. Still this stall is the better stall out of the two in 58 market and these 2 stall is far better then the 3 in 85 and the 511 .

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thanks for sharing the info...

I started out eating from blk 85 soup only bak chor mee store, remembered had to wait damn long and they used to throw the cut red chillis into the soup as well. Agree standard have dropped.

Found one stall in bedok central interchange market and old airport road hawker center, both named original chai chee and claimed to be from block 85 bedok south....they sell dry and soup, comes with dumplings and I find the quality above average. The dry version is better here.

©過路稻草人®™

Alfrescian
Loyal
That again is a copycat that cannot do the dry version well and the soup suck. If they claimed they are the old chai chee then they have not tasted the or authentic dry version.

Also further down at 216 Bedok central market is also utilizing the caption old chai chee, quality of noodle is lacking soup is heavily msg. Very thirsty after eating from this stall.

But back to mee pok dry, there is this teochew fish ball noodle at 16 Bedok south market. the mixture of chilli and ketchup is heavenly but the lard is constantly char leaving a bitter taste . Fish ball a bit saltish.

Surprisingly there is a stall an incospicuous coffee shop at BLK 123 selling mee pok dry is good fish ball noodles. The chilli is self made the noodle is springy not spongy . But bad is that the fish ball too saltish.

Used o stay in sembawang was stucked with then kopitiam at sun plaza and the 73+1 brand suck bigtime....

Same ith lee kwang kee fish ball noodle, cook by prc taste horrid. With their fish cake having sour taste both time I try it at different location

emark

That again is a copycat that cannot do the dry version well and the soup suck. If they claimed they are the old chai chee then they have not tasted the or authentic dry version.

Also further down at 216 Bedok central market is also utilizing the caption old chai chee, quality of noodle is lacking soup is heavily msg. Very thirsty after eating from this stall.

But back to mee pok dry, there is this teochew fish ball noodle at 16 Bedok south market. the mixture of chilli and ketchup is heavenly but the lard is constantly char leaving a bitter taste . Fish ball a bit saltish.

Surprisingly there is a stall an incospicuous coffee shop at BLK 123 selling mee pok dry is good fish ball noodles. The chilli is self made the noodle is springy not spongy . But bad is that the fish ball too saltish.

Used o stay in sembawang was stucked with then kopitiam at sun plaza and the 73+1 brand suck bigtime....

Same ith lee kwang kee fish ball noodle, cook by prc taste horrid. With their fish cake having sour taste both time I try it at different location

I love the Bak Chor Mee near my home. Well recently the stall owner increase the price slightly, still taste nice so dun mind paying. I agreed that the Mee must not cook so dry if not when dao bao sure taste like one kind. usually me dao bao and sit back to relax with my best home cinema atmosphere in my room lolz..