• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Army can't even handle simple matter of stray dogs?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Whoever did that is mad. The offences committed are very serious.

1. Possession of live rounds
2. Discharging of firearms

...... i have witness them shooting crows with AR-15 inside the camp.

Please lah, get a brain. Anything that happens in a camp is controlled by military law. If you are ordered by your OC to draw out an AR-15 and shoot crows, you do it. There is no illegality in the SAF and military law for obeying a superior officer. If things that happened in a military camp were converted to civilian offences, than lots of instructors would be in court for physical abuse, racial abuse, endangering lives, etc.

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

...... i have witness them shooting crows with AR-15 inside the camp.

Please lah, get a brain. Anything that happens in a camp is controlled by military law. If you are ordered by your OC to draw out an AR-15 and shoot crows, you do it. There is no illegality in the SAF and military law for obeying a superior officer. If things that happened in a military camp were converted to civilian offences, than lots of instructors would be in court for physical abuse, racial abuse, endangering lives, etc.
I thought live rounds can only be discharged at designated live-firing area. Even the discharge of live round at the rest area of a range is an offence. It is interesting to know that OC can authorize the discharge of live rounds in a camp which is not a live firing area. It is indeed a very "brave" act as he must have hidden some live rounds during range as all live rounds are accountable for and can only be drawn from ammo base. Some new development I learn today.

Last edited:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
I thought live rounds can only be discharged at designated live-firing area. Even the discharge of live round at the rest area of a range is an offence. It is interesting to know that OC can authorize the discharge of live rounds in a camp which is not a live firing area. It is indeed a very "brave" act as he must have hidden some live rounds during range as all live rounds are accountable for and can only be drawn from ammo base. Some new development I learn today.

I am guessing you have never done NS or served in the SAF. In my time, every camp hosting an active combat uni has live ammo within the camp in the ammo dump. The armskote contains the weapons, but the ammo is separately kept in the ammo dump. If the CO so wishes, he can request 200 rounds of 5.56mm to be drawn from the ammo dump, and than issued to any soldier who is ordered to draw his weapon at the armskote. Some camps have .22 calibre Beretta rifles in their armskote and this would be a more appropriate weapon to use on crows. But hey, what do I care if the CO says to shoot them with an AR-15?

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
To come back to the point - the army cannot handle a simple thing like "stray" dogs which have been around for a few years in the camp, let's not talk about what kind of shit we will be in if there is a real war.

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am guessing you have never done NS or served in the SAF. In my time, every camp hosting an active combat uni has live ammo within the camp in the ammo dump. The armskote contains the weapons, but the ammo is separately kept in the ammo dump. If the CO so wishes, he can request 200 rounds of 5.56mm to be drawn from the ammo dump, and than issued to any soldier who is ordered to draw his weapon at the armskote. Some camps have .22 calibre Beretta rifles in their armskote and this would be a more appropriate weapon to use on crows. But hey, what do I care if the CO says to shoot them with an AR-15?
Yes there are rounds in the camp but these rounds are accountable for. They are effectively month-balled till near expiry date. Only then will we draw them for range. Otherwise, we would usually draw separately from ammo base for range so as not to mess up the account. Shooting crows to my knowledge is not allowed. To be able to have extra rounds for crows, these rounds can't be drawn from those kept in the camp because it is not a valid reason and there is no other reason other than range.

Last edited: