• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

AssAF LTC (White Horse?) Abused Stray Dogs in Army Camp!

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: SAF promised investigation but charged only lowest ranked NSF's.

Almost 3900 views and 5 pages of post and not one logical comment, seriously? I was going to refrain, but I think I will wade into this thread. I am reluctant to say this, but I do have some experience with stray dogs in my SAF time. But I do.

The history of these stray dogs is that they were left behind when kampong people relocated to the HDB estates. The dogs were too big for the HDB restrictions on pets and many owners abandoned them. If you were in a unit that was posted to Area D often, as I was, you will see packs of dogs there. And yes, they did come into the camps too. When they did come into the camps, the AVA would be called or PPD in those days. But the thing to realize with these dogs is that they breed like crazy, and they are scavengers. Any food left over in the training area will be scavenged by them, they are a nuisance to military vehicles who have to avoid running them over. These dogs are usually in packs and will bite if you approach them suddenly. They are aggressive, and because some of these dogs are a few generations removed from the domesticated dogs that were abandoned, they are in effect wild and feral dogs. They have never known the company of men, nor do they subscribe to the pack mentality that the man is the pack leader. And there are probably hundreds of them.

Because of this wild nature, these dogs are not suited for adoption into any homes, and that’s why it better off for AVA to destroy them. This stupid animal rescuer Cathy Strong needs to realize this. These dogs are unpredictable around small children. They may appear to be docile when you feed them and provide them with shelter, but if they mark your house as their territory, they may attack any small children they think it’s a threat.

The SAF is a military organization, it’s not an animal rescue organization. By its very nature, the SAF trains its people to be violent, aggressive, and be willing to kill. I hate to say this, but the animal welfare record of the SAF is abysmal, as it should be. Anyone who has undergone jungle training will know about how to kill and decapitate a chicken without a knife, how to kill a python, an iguana, and even a cute white rabbit. In Area D, we have wild dogs enter into our range butt all the time. We do not upset our live fire timetable waiting for them to clear off the butt. We have opened fire on them and used them as live target practice. If you want to see how 7.62mm rounds impact a living body, just open up on a dog. We do not hold our fire if dogs are in the area, just to save them. Having said that, I have seen hundreds of rounds fired at a dog on our range, at a distance of 700m or so. I don’t know what is more amazing. That not one round hit the dog, and it ran off, or that our shooting was that bad. Maybe I came from a time when you were really a tough mother because your instructor in the SAF was Israeli trained or ranger trained, but we did not lose any sleep over animal cruelty or any shit like that. Not like in today’s SAF. People die or had serious injuries all the time in my unit, that was life, it happened in the past and it will happen again in the future.

But several points really stand out to me and make me wonder why no one has considered it.

A) The SAF has a anonymous hotline that this NSF’s son could have called to report this if he so wanted to. Why did he not use it? Instead, he came home like a sissy boy and ask his father to call it in for him. This guy wants to complain about something he did not like, man up and do it himself. Does his father wipe his backside too? does his maid carry his backpack?

B) This is most important point to me. I have never been to Pasir Ris camp, but I can’t imagine any SAF camp where a civilian like Cathy Strong can waltz in and take the dog away. Where was the RP? Who was manning the guardhouse? Since when is it so easy for an outside person to enter all the way into the buildings areas and then remove the dog from the INSIDE of the camp!!

C) Why did this LTC just shout at her and not have her arrested for trespassing? He is well within his authority to regulate who can and cannot come into his camp. You mean they just issue visitors passes to whomever they wish? What if Ms Strong was a suicide terrorist? What if it was a sensitive camp like an Amour camp and she is going around memorizing how many tanks are on the quick reaction sheds? If I were the SAF, I would be court martialling every one who was on guard duty that day.

D) This Ms Strong is an idiot too. If she so easily gives up the name of the person who took the video, who in the future would want to call her to rescue animals if their names are so easily revealed? If you saw your neighbor abusing his dogs, would you dare to call her? Because she will reveal your name to your neighbor, as the complainant, and you and he are not going to be on friendly terms in the future.

E) The warrant officer who threw the truncheon at the dog to chase it away might have a very good reason. If the camp has Malays in it, that would be very understandable for this. Malays/muslims are not allowed to have any contact with dogs, and more specifically dog’s saliva. It’s a religious issue. I know many malay friends who siam when they see a dog walking towards them. If you have dogs running around the camp, how can you have the malay personnel walking around with confidence that they will not be contacted by a dog coming towards them? That is why you have to tie it up indoors and not outdoors. In many camps, there is so much vehicular traffic going around that I can see animals like dogs getting run over. I am sure this Ms Strong would be real upset than.

F) In my opinion, the LTC already showed remarkable restrain with this cow Ms Strong. I don’t know many COs who would give face to a woman who drove to his camp, and then over his objections removed the dog from his own building and take it out of camp with her. In my opinion, he should have detained her, subdue her and have her arrested and charged. But he knows as well as everyone here that if he makes a fuss and is aggressive with an angmo woman, it will not go well for his career. This bitch will be complaining to everyone who would listen to her.

In summary, you buggers here better get one thing clear. The SAF has done a lot worse to dogs and to other animals than simply tying one up and whacking it. Get real and get a life. Now I feel so dirty after defending the SAF.
You are obviously a fake anti pappies. First fuck your mother phua chee bye.
We so called ncos have long coexist with strays dogs or cats.

And call simi lanjiao hot line? U call, u say your name and rank, and tomorrow u r in monkey house.

Priest lah, your id is exposed now! Fake anti pappies. Dio boh?

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
SAF trained to be aggressive? Haha look at the faces of our esteemed scholar generals. They look more idiotic than aggressive.

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Policemen who are not trained to handle riots, but to deal with the likes of CSJ and his sister.

Soldiers in a fcuking army camp unable to handle a couple of "unpredictable dogs who cause a persistent danger".

What next?

I really don't know what to say.

hockbeng

Alfrescian
Loyal

Almost 3900 views and 5 pages of post and not one logical comment, seriously? I was going to refrain, but I think I will wade into this thread. I am reluctant to say this, but I do have some experience with stray dogs in my SAF time. But I do.

The history of these stray dogs is that they were left behind when kampong people relocated to the HDB estates. The dogs were too big for the HDB restrictions on pets and many owners abandoned them. If you were in a unit that was posted to Area D often, as I was, you will see packs of dogs there. And yes, they did come into the camps too. When they did come into the camps, the AVA would be called or PPD in those days. But the thing to realize with these dogs is that they breed like crazy, and they are scavengers. Any food left over in the training area will be scavenged by them, they are a nuisance to military vehicles who have to avoid running them over. These dogs are usually in packs and will bite if you approach them suddenly. They are aggressive, and because some of these dogs are a few generations removed from the domesticated dogs that were abandoned, they are in effect wild and feral dogs. They have never known the company of men, nor do they subscribe to the pack mentality that the man is the pack leader. And there are probably hundreds of them.

Because of this wild nature, these dogs are not suited for adoption into any homes, and that’s why it better off for AVA to destroy them. This stupid animal rescuer Cathy Strong needs to realize this. These dogs are unpredictable around small children. They may appear to be docile when you feed them and provide them with shelter, but if they mark your house as their territory, they may attack any small children they think it’s a threat.

The SAF is a military organization, it’s not an animal rescue organization. By its very nature, the SAF trains its people to be violent, aggressive, and be willing to kill. I hate to say this, but the animal welfare record of the SAF is abysmal, as it should be. Anyone who has undergone jungle training will know about how to kill and decapitate a chicken without a knife, how to kill a python, an iguana, and even a cute white rabbit. In Area D, we have wild dogs enter into our range butt all the time. We do not upset our live fire timetable waiting for them to clear off the butt. We have opened fire on them and used them as live target practice. If you want to see how 7.62mm rounds impact a living body, just open up on a dog. We do not hold our fire if dogs are in the area, just to save them. Having said that, I have seen hundreds of rounds fired at a dog on our range, at a distance of 700m or so. I don’t know what is more amazing. That not one round hit the dog, and it ran off, or that our shooting was that bad. Maybe I came from a time when you were really a tough mother because your instructor in the SAF was Israeli trained or ranger trained, but we did not lose any sleep over animal cruelty or any shit like that. Not like in today’s SAF. People die or had serious injuries all the time in my unit, that was life, it happened in the past and it will happen again in the future.

But several points really stand out to me and make me wonder why no one has considered it.

A) The SAF has a anonymous hotline that this NSF’s son could have called to report this if he so wanted to. Why did he not use it? Instead, he came home like a sissy boy and ask his father to call it in for him. This guy wants to complain about something he did not like, man up and do it himself. Does his father wipe his backside too? does his maid carry his backpack?

B) This is most important point to me. I have never been to Pasir Ris camp, but I can’t imagine any SAF camp where a civilian like Cathy Strong can waltz in and take the dog away. Where was the RP? Who was manning the guardhouse? Since when is it so easy for an outside person to enter all the way into the buildings areas and then remove the dog from the INSIDE of the camp!!

C) Why did this LTC just shout at her and not have her arrested for trespassing? He is well within his authority to regulate who can and cannot come into his camp. You mean they just issue visitors passes to whomever they wish? What if Ms Strong was a suicide terrorist? What if it was a sensitive camp like an Amour camp and she is going around memorizing how many tanks are on the quick reaction sheds? If I were the SAF, I would be court martialling every one who was on guard duty that day.

D) This Ms Strong is an idiot too. If she so easily gives up the name of the person who took the video, who in the future would want to call her to rescue animals if their names are so easily revealed? If you saw your neighbor abusing his dogs, would you dare to call her? Because she will reveal your name to your neighbor, as the complainant, and you and he are not going to be on friendly terms in the future.

E) The warrant officer who threw the truncheon at the dog to chase it away might have a very good reason. If the camp has Malays in it, that would be very understandable for this. Malays/muslims are not allowed to have any contact with dogs, and more specifically dog’s saliva. It’s a religious issue. I know many malay friends who siam when they see a dog walking towards them. If you have dogs running around the camp, how can you have the malay personnel walking around with confidence that they will not be contacted by a dog coming towards them? That is why you have to tie it up indoors and not outdoors. In many camps, there is so much vehicular traffic going around that I can see animals like dogs getting run over. I am sure this Ms Strong would be real upset than.

F) In my opinion, the LTC already showed remarkable restrain with this cow Ms Strong. I don’t know many COs who would give face to a woman who drove to his camp, and then over his objections removed the dog from his own building and take it out of camp with her. In my opinion, he should have detained her, subdue her and have her arrested and charged. But he knows as well as everyone here that if he makes a fuss and is aggressive with an angmo woman, it will not go well for his career. This bitch will be complaining to everyone who would listen to her.

In summary, you buggers here better get one thing clear. The SAF has done a lot worse to dogs and to other animals than simply tying one up and whacking it. Get real and get a life. Now I feel so dirty after defending the SAF.

totally agree with you.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

You are obviously a fake anti pappies. First fuck your mother phua chee bye.
We so called ncos have long coexist with strays dogs or cats.

And call simi lanjiao hot line? U call, u say your name and rank, and tomorrow u r in monkey house.

Priest lah, your id is exposed now! Fake anti pappies. Dio boh?

Any SAF personnel can call the numbers below. All this chap has to say is that he witness his CO brutally abusing a dog in the camp and that he and his fellow soldiers are fearful that this is the same behaviour that will be meted out to them. In addition, his CO used the abuse of the dog as a training tool for him and his colleagues. If he made the call, I guarantee you there will be a call from MINDEF to the CO the next day. The identity of the callers have always been confidential. But in the past what COs have done is to get the Sgts or NCOs to find out who is the caller. If no one will admit, they may tekan the whole group to get the chaps name. But the fact is, its confidential. You should avail yourself of the facts before shooting your cheebye mouth off.

COUNSELLING

The SAF seeks to promote the well-being of every serviceman by providing
counselling support for those whom might be facing difficulties coping with their
personal or work/training related problems. Servicemen who are experiencing
difficulties can seek help through the avenues described below.

Commander interviews of all recruits are conducted within 48 hours of enlistment into full-time NS. Regular interviews are subsequently conducted on a monthly basis during the PTP/BMT phase. Special interviews are also granted upon request. Servicemen can highlight their difficulties during these interviews for assistance.

Orientation Officers identify, assist and counsel BMT recruits with adjustment
and/or other personal problems.

NS SAF Counselling Hotline is a 24-hour confidential telephone
counselling service provided by the SAF Counselling Centre. Manned by
trained counselling personnel, the SAF Counselling Hotline offers a crisis
and telephone counselling service to all servicemen. Callers may
choose to remain anonymous. Face to face counselling is also available
at the SAF Counselling Centre upon request/referral.

SAF Paracounselling Scheme complements other existing counselling
services and provides another avenue of help at the unit level for those who
need help to deal more effectively with their problems. Paracounsellors are
specially selected, trained by and work closely under the professional guidance
and support of counsellors from the SAF Counselling Centre. Paracounsellors
can be identified through their identification badges as well as through publicity
posters displayed in their units.

NS have counselling hotlines for you to call if need arises.
The counsellors are experienced professionals.

You can call them at the following counselling hotlines:

SAF : 1800-278 0022 (SAF Counselling Hotline)
SPF : 1800-255 1151 (Police Psychology Service Department)
SCDF: 1800-286 6666 (SCDF Counselling Hotline)

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Policemen who are not trained to handle riots, but to deal with the likes of CSJ and his sister.

Soldiers in a fcuking army camp unable to handle a couple of "unpredictable dogs who cause a persistent danger".

What next?

I really don't know what to say.

Come here and talk big. U so smart, u go and handle them than. You think these are pekingnese and shih tsus? these are wild dogs, they are feral dogs. If you see them in Area D, you will know they run in packs and are a few generations descended from the domesticated dogs left behind by kampong dwellers. I dare you to go and catch one. Without a net, or lasso (which no army camp has), they will be biting your hand or other parts of you. I will see you cry like a little bitch when you have to go to the hospital for rabies shots. Its not worth even one NSmen getting bitten. You have to let the AVAs deal with it. There are certainly ways that the army personnel can handle this. Just go and draw arms and ammo and shoot them all. But do you want to have life rounds going off in the camp? Otherwise, you draw parangs and batons and hunt them down and hack them or beat them to death. Unless you are so stupid that you think you can just call the dog and he will obediently follow you anywhere.

Last edited:

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

You can call them at the following counselling hotlines:

SAF : 1800-278 0022 (SAF Counselling Hotline)
SPF : 1800-255 1151 (Police Psychology Service Department)
SCDF: 1800-286 6666 (SCDF Counselling Hotline)

I see these as another form of control. Don't let them tell you how and what to do. Do what you feel it's right for you. NS? Defend who?

hockbeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
come here and talk big. U so smart, u go and handle them than. You think these are pekingnese and shih tsus? These are wild dogs, they are feral dogs. If you see them in area d, you will know they run in packs and are a few generations descended from the domesticated dogs left behind by kampong dwellers. I dare you to go and catch one. Without a net, or lasso (which no army camp has), they will be biting your hand or other parts of you. I will see you cry like a little bitch when you have to go to the hospital for rabies shots. Its not worth even one nsmen getting bitten. You have to let the avas deal with it. There are certainly ways that the army personnel can handle this. Just go and draw arms and ammo and shoot them all. But do you want to have life rounds going off in the camp? Otherwise, you draw parangs and batons and hunt them down and hack them or beat them to death. Unless you are so stupid that you think you can just call the dog and he will obediently follow you anywhere.

bro!
Most forumers here are intellectually challenged and will use any opportunity to bash the army and the gov.

ahbohthen

Alfrescian
Loyal
Simple thing also cannot handle
Get a proper cage to hold the stray dogs also dont know
Cant handle dog now so in future the enemy come then how?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Why defend Singapore? What is the worth of a city-state's sovereignty? Enemy come then welcome them lah.

Only gong kias risk their life and limb to defend a peesai country. :rolleyes:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

Cage from where? Is a dog cage part of the equipment list at SAF camps now? How do you get the dog into the cage? You drag the dog in there? And what if it bites you? You got 37 posts here and you have not learn a thing yet? Bring your brain when you come to this forum.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Why defend Singapore? What is the worth of a city-state's sovereignty? Enemy come then welcome them lah.

Only gong kias risk their life and limb to defend a peesai country. :rolleyes:

Unfortunately, many SIngaporeans do not have the luxury like you have, to criticize whether people will defend singapore or not, especially so when you are doing it from abroad. Defending your country is not the same as defending the PAP nor defending the fucking Lees. I predict that in my lifetime, SIngaporeans will have to pick up a weapon and fight. Not for the govt., but for themselves, for their families, and for the guys standing with them in their platoon. There is a remote possibility that the threat will come from outside, say an invasion from a neighbouring country. But more likely, the threat will come from within and in particular it will be in the form of a civil war. If You learn anything from Libya, Egypt, Algeria, etc., you will learn that when people are pushed to the brink, they will fight back. Today's technology makes the organizing of resistance much easier. SIngaporeans are not there yet. Are they closer to the brink from the previous election to the last one? Yes, as evidenced by the popular vote. Are they closer to the brink since the last elections? Yes. But they are not there yet. But in the coming years, when they see its harder and harder to make ends meet, and that they are living a 3rd world existence in a first world country, when they have lost their jobs to FTs, when they cannot pay for their sick children's medical bills, etc. they could very well be pushed to the brink at that time.

Singaporeans don't realize that even if the PAP loses in a landslide at the next elections, they will never give up power. U have to take power from the PAP by force of arms. They will simply declare martial law if they lose. They will never ever willingly give up power to rule. People will have to take to the streets in mass demonstrations, ground the country to a halt. And even then, the PAP will not give up. They are going to end up fighting in the streets with pro-PAP forces to get what they want. People think that simply winning at the elections will change things. It will not. The sooner they realize this, the better it will be for everyone. Everyone is desirous of change from the PAP regime, but no one realizes what the price will be.

Going back to your comment, why you are defending singapore? We are defending singapore from the PAP, from tyranny, and from exploitation by the Lees. If you don't think that is worth picking up a weapon for this, than that's your business. You can say singaporeans are too docile, too kiasu, too sissy to fight. But you could say the same for the Fillipinos, south koreans, and taiwanese too. All these people got pushed to the brink, took to the streets, lost casualties, but eventually changed their govts. If you think we are any lesser than these people, than that's your problem.

Last edited:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Unfortunately, many SIngaporeans do not have the luxury like you have, to criticize whether people will defend singapore or not, especially so when you are doing it from abroad.

Oh please stop... I'm a resident of West Coast GRC. :rolleyes:

Also, I am serving NS reservist training... I go through the motions but I do my role.

I am just an unpatriotic person, and I do not believe in sacrificing one's life for any country during wartime. When the real bullets fly, self-preservation is paramount: it's no longer about frivolous things such as passing your IPPT.

I don't get choked up on the flag, the pledge and all that crap, especially on the 9th of August. I don't care which political party is in charge.

I am unpatriotic. Bite me.