• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Anna

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There is also dual threads within this thread -
1. ICA issues
2. Old Singaspore

We live in a globalised world lah.... have to accept changes to the norms we used to know..... its not like this video with Singapore still having rickshaw pullers......

[video=youtube;D_Ew5jjDGd8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_Ew5jjDGd8[/video]

Note the Padang, St Andrews Cathedral and the Singapore River....

Thanks for sharing this..nice!!

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
good question.

but i guess the ICA staff knows the answer shd a person ahs to make a choice between Singapore citizenship and australian citizenship.

australia is very selective and strict in admitting PRs and new citizens and yet many foreigners are queue-ing.

singapore is throwing its PR and citizenship spreading its legs wide open...but many foreigners are rejecting SG

The value of the pink ic has depreciated tremendously in the last 25 years.

wrcboi

Alfrescian
Loyal
indeed!!

1. SG needs to increase GST to help the poor.
2. 72 year old man chooses to work as cleaner because he doesnt want to be bored at home
3. "white horse" classification in NS so that they dont receive preferential treatment
4. Tony Tan has no hand in his son's 12 year NS deferment and subsequent research posting in NS although he was Defence Minister
5. LKY and LHL accept preferential discount for their Nassim Jade condo because he can get an extra egg at the char kway teow stall
6. cheap foreigners are required to create jbs for Singaporeans

the pap thinks singaporeans are fools

Well...cant say they are not but most are dafts..60% proven.....if they are intellectual they would have done something in 2011 GE....i have personally known quite a number...educated ones...sadly..

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Well...cant say they are not but most are dafts..60% proven.....if they are intellectual they would have done something in 2011 GE....i have personally known quite a number...educated ones...sadly..

quite sad that some Singaporeans dont vote wisely.

Just open our eyes and we know that SG is on the wrong track

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree with you. we have all yes-men in the pap now who dont want to rock the boat. I had high hopes when HSK, CCS and TCJ came onboard. But the latest comments by TCJ showed that he is another running dog. Time to change them at GE 2016?

Groupthink and conformity mindset and inbreeding in the PAP causes retardation in development in society.Don't rock the boat,I scratch your back,u scratch my back,win-win situation,everybody happy (benefit) in PAP. Now the 0.1% rich and powerful elites are ruthlessly controlling and manipulating the 99.99% peasants.KNNCCB to the 60 % !!!

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Groupthink and conformity mindset and inbreeding in the PAP causes retardation in development in society.Don't rock the boat,I scratch your back,u scratch my back,win-win situation,everybody happy (benefit) in PAP. Now the 0.1% rich and powerful elites are ruthlessly controlling and manipulating the 99.99% peasants.KNNCCB to the 60 % !!!

good analysis..thank you. the 99.99% must do the right thing or else SG is doomed

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
ICA actually sends a very courteous letter asking you to chose which nationality to hold on to for those found residing or working in Singapore after a period of time.

Scroobal's thread did mention ICA has the right to revoke SG citizenship (just saw it, by Scroobal himself).. too many pages to get the link :P

If ICA & HDB decides to play hardball... revoke citizenship and take back HDB flat (which is a 99 year lease from HDB, and not outright owned by the occupant of the flat)

That might result in a lot of unhappiness online though. Time for National Conversation :rolleyes: on dual citizenship..

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
sometimes we cant blame the average singaporean ...they have been brainwashed by MSM and the pap.

I am surprised that despite the pap's control over the media and propaganda, they got only 60% in GE 2011. Saddam Hussein got more than 90% of the popular votes.

So there is hope for SG that 40% singaporeans saw through the pap's propaganda. that's enough for me to celebrate.

No lah,Saddam got 99.99 % of the popular votes,0.01% was rejected votes due to illegibility and graffiti,and there was only one presidential candidate.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
They will send her a nice courteous letter asking to choose one. Those who asked for help in this forum on the same issue I have asked them to give up their OZ citizenship if they need to remain in Singapore for work or look after elderly parents. When times are better, they can re-apply OZ to have their citizenship - reinstated which is allowed only once. The letter from ICA should be kept as the reason for giving it up in the first place.

Your story does not add up, how could she have applied 3 times for renewal ? The info on holding other citizenship in the renewal form is relatively recent, about 10 years ago.

Thanks for your great inputs.

If Daphne was allowed to renew her passport previously, was the ICA wrong to advise her that she has to renounce her SG citizenship?

From your experience, would you like to hazard a guess whether Daphne will get her renewed visa or MHA will just ignore her letter?

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They will send her a nice courteous letter asking to choose one. Those who asked for help in this forum on the same issue I have asked them to give up their OZ citizenship if they need to remain in Singapore for work or look after elderly parents. When times are better, they can re-apply OZ to have their citizenship - reinstated which is allowed only once. The letter from ICA should be kept as the reason for giving it up in the first place.

Your story does not add up, how could she have applied 3 times for renewal ? The info on holding other citizenship in the renewal form is relatively recent, about 10 years ago.

Daphne is a very law abiding citizen. She filled in her application forms carefully. She told me that she asnwered "yes " to the question whether she holds another citizenship and she had no problem renewing her passport twice. It was only this third time that her appication ran into problems

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Daphne didnt say that she received that "courteous" ICA letter

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I collected my new passport this morning. They asked me if I hold another passport. Obviously I said no la.