• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ah Nehs Ganges river and other shitholes in Incredible India (Got vomit?)

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I still prefer rastarfarians of which my nick is derived from. The most famous of them all is of course the immortal bob marley.

bro...rastarfarians are nothing compare to the sadhus ....sadhus are amazing ppl dated back 3000 years ago .

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Stupid Grad ?

220px-Wilson1900Fig3.jpg

I'm a Bio student and so I know about mosquitoes and bacteria, viruses, amoebas, hook worms, etc. When Cao Cao came to the south, his men experienced a devastating effect of diseases caught over there. If you are an Indian living in India, you can survive better than a foreigner who hasn't got any form of natural defenses against such.

India has been plagued by weird germs or viruses that can kill very effectively. So, be wary of this place. Anyway, it's a slum, you will not be enjoying much anyway unless you are a National Geographic photographer wannabe.

[URL="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21034344/ns/health-infectious_diseases/t/die-brain-eating-amoeba-after-swimming/]6 die from brain-eating amoeba after swimming[/URL]

Alexander the great also succumbed to sickness when he tried to invade south india. Like one of the posters wrote, that whole place is a biological weapon!

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
bro...rastarfarians are nothing compare to the sadhus ....sadhus are amazing ppl dated back 3000 years ago .

On the contary i beg to differ.

You cannot compare them in this manner. Yes on a time scale rastafarians have not existed as long as those sadhus cos back then black awareness didn't exist cos no african was made a slave by the whites yet and haile selassie was not born yet.

it's the fact that they managed to spark a new movement and a religion in an ang moh dominated region and able to make a religion cool by incorporating it into music so widely known. Churches like chc and ncc would die to have some christian singer as famous as bob marley who isn't christian but a rasta man that can spread their church crap world wide. I don't think you'll find another religion where they have artists preaching about their religion in the music without sounding like a total bore. Christian rock singers are totally boring.

Last edited:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
On the contary i beg to differ.

You cannot compare them in this manner. Yes on a time scale rastafarians have not existed as long as those sadhus cos back then black awareness didn't exist cos no african was made a slave by the whites yet and haile selassie was not born yet.

it's the fact that they managed to spark a new movement and a religion in an ang moh dominated region and able to make a religion cool by incorporating it into music so widely known. Churches like chc and ncc would die to have some christian singer as famous as bob marley who isn't christian but a rasta man that can spread their church crap world wide. I don't think you'll find another religion where they have artists preaching about their religion in the music without sounding like a total bore. Christian rock singers are totally boring.

?? whats your point ? i wanted to go india is not because of the music ...i just wanted to see the life of the sahus aghoris . have a very different from society life where they do all these things to attain spiritual perfection. i respect them and i really appreciate them to keep the spirit on inspite of world moving into destruction in the name of civilisation. i think the aghori are amazing and accomplish things spiritually in one day that most people dont even get near in their entire lives.they renounce everything, they have no possessions, they live off of whatever people give them and what they scrounge up in the cremation grounds, and they live in what is the equivalent to someone living in a graveyard in america. It takes an amazing amount of will and determination to do what they do. I dont have any problem with aghoris eating human corpses or shit. the word aghora means one without hatred towards anything. they are proving their point. by the way , they make good photographing sessions :wink:

Last edited:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
?? whats your point ? i wanted to go india is not because of the music ...i just wanted to see the life of the sahus aghoris . have a very different from society life where they do all these things to attain spiritual perfection. i respect them and i really appreciate them to keep the spirit on inspite of world moving into destruction in the name of civilisation. i think the aghori are amazing and accomplish things spiritually in one day that most people dont even get near in their entire lives.they renounce everything, they have no possessions, they live off of whatever people give them and what they scrounge up in the cremation grounds, and they live in what is the equivalent to someone living in a graveyard in america. It takes an amazing amount of will and determination to do what they do. I dont have any problem with aghoris eating human corpses or shit. the word aghora means one without hatred towards anything. they are proving their point. by the way , they make good photographing sessions :wink:

My pt is rastafarians are cool, aghoris are not. India is a disgusting place and no thanks i'll them eating that shit, pulling off their balls on the internet.

karmabear

Alfrescian
Loyal
how come the thread within a few hours go from dead bodies in the ganges to rastafarian and sahu aghoris? I believe there has been too much "progress" in India. Modern living does not agree with that culture. I respect the Hindu religion ironically...and appreciate the fact that for many of the faithful, washing in the Ganges is an act of religious cleansing. It is just that there is just waaaay too many people in India liao... We kinda need some super cataclysmic event that wipes out a billion or so of them.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
how come the thread within a few hours go from dead bodies in the ganges to rastafarian and sahu aghoris? I believe there has been too much "progress" in India. Modern living does not agree with that culture. I respect the Hindu religion ironically...and appreciate the fact that for many of the faithful, washing in the Ganges is an act of religious cleansing. It is just that there is just waaaay too many people in India liao... We kinda need some super cataclysmic event that wipes out a billion or so of them.

What about african voodoo rituals?

You see what pisses me off is the double standards imposed. Like indians are so dirty and so backward cos their culture and religion is so cool and you see them praying to cows. Washing with dead bodies in the rivers, feeding rats milk and so on.

Yet if there was such a chinese custom or perhaps an african ritual did was in some odd way like that they find it totally offensive and disgusting.

Spock

Alfrescian
Loyal
What pisses me off is that somehow there are some ang mohs and non indians that will give an excuse why it's okay for kelings to have that sort of river.

Many ang mohs will defend India because they want to use Indians to contain China. It is the only way to get an equally huge number of people on their side. The other reason is that India is a democracy similar to most of their political systems and the country India is a creation of Britain. There was no such country called India before the British came along. I believe if not for Sinophobia, the ang mohs will be using every opportunity to insult the Indians. Unfortunately, many gullible Indians are like SPGs, they think they somehow have a higher status because they are praised by the ang mohs.

Note that there are always good Indian people and it is important not to stereotype when meeting someone new. Generally, I find those who were born and grew up outside India to be easier to get along with than those who emigrated from India. Probably the same goes for Chinese.

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Did you guys see the disfigurement or skin warts on some of the ah nehs there? Ganges River must be v toxic to cause those!

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
thankyou for your input ...next time before i go Varanasi , i think i better come back singapore to try authentic indian food as a warm up :wink: . btw , indian food in japan also taste differently then singapore indian food ..which i dont really like .

Just some general rules I stick to when I go to India

Never eat anything that is not cooked. They usually serve uncooked cucumbers, onions, etc with the meal. Do NOT touch it.

NEVER eat food bought from the street vendors

Only drink bottled water(they call it mineral water) and make sure it's sealed. DO NOT drink water from bottles that are not packaged. My boss even use bottled water for brushing his teeth so if you are the Kiasu type, you might want to follow his example

Do not eat fruits that does not require you to peel the skin, e.g. apples, pears etc. I personally stay off all Indian fruits example Mangoes

Works for me so far

Last edited:

karmabear

Alfrescian
Loyal
On a personal note, I have never stepped into India but did go to Sri Lanka during the tsunami to help out. Ironic, I know, given I dislike ah neh so much :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Environment: Oddly, the cities stink but the villages don't. Got cowdung smell in the village but not the familiar ah neh smell... you know the shit mixed with garlic smell. I suspect its a deliberate fragrance the rich apply. I love indian mangoes :smile:

Food: I ate EVERYTHING. This is my style when I travel. In Vietnam, I would sit on the roadside eating from those hawkers that served food from 2 baskets. Haven't died yet, lao sai quite a few times but ok lah

@Jahrastahfar: Personally like all ancient cultures as I am an Age of Empires fan. Buddhism stems from India, and its a way of thinking I identify with. African voodooism also fascinating. I think it was a mix of french and african tribal rituals that started it right? As I get older, also start to respect Chinese customs.

Let me think which culture I dun like.... I think Muslim... its one fucked culture started from a low IQ dog Mohammed. Amazing how he managed to con his way into being a major religious force.

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The whole idea is to avoid Lao Sai coz going there for vacation. Last day lao sai still ok. At most suffer on the flight back but if all the way lao sai during the vacation then it's pretty miserable. I have a set of SOP when I travel and so far it's kept me well. I haven't fallen sick during any of my travels so far

Spock

Alfrescian
Loyal
On a personal note, I have never stepped into India but did go to Sri Lanka during the tsunami to help out. Ironic, I know, given I dislike ah neh so much :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Sri Lankans are either Sinhalese Buddhists or Tamils. I think they don't have ambitions of Sri Lanka being a world power and are thus easier to make friends with. Although I have only met a few Sri Lankans, I have not met one that is obnoxious yet.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
My pt is rastafarians are cool, aghoris are not. India is a disgusting place and no thanks i'll them eating that shit, pulling off their balls on the internet.

oh yes ...rasrafarians are cool too ..but aghoris makes better photographing subject ..dont you agree ? :wink:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
What about african voodoo rituals?

You see what pisses me off is the double standards imposed. Like indians are so dirty and so backward cos their culture and religion is so cool and you see them praying to cows. Washing with dead bodies in the rivers, feeding rats milk and so on.

Yet if there was such a chinese custom or perhaps an african ritual did was in some odd way like that they find it totally offensive and disgusting.

african voodoo rituals also dam cool ...human being are like that ...they are usually attracted to strange new things ...im more interested in strange religions and cultures ...

Last edited:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Just some general rules I stick to when I go to India

Never eat anything that is not cooked. They usually serve uncooked cucumbers, onions, etc with the meal. Do NOT touch it.

NEVER eat food bought from the street vendors

Only drink bottled water(they call it mineral water) and make sure it's sealed. DO NOT drink water from bottles that are not packaged. My boss even use bottled water for brushing his teeth so if you are the Kiasu type, you might want to follow his example

Do not eat fruits that does not require you to peel the skin, e.g. apples, pears etc. I personally stay off all Indian fruits example Mangoes

Works for me so far

by the way ...do you think there is fast food like mac in varanasi ? i think its safe to eat the mac ?

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Horrible pictures of a so-called "Incredible" country. A sickening and filthy nation populated with thugs, bandits, frauds, quacks, rapists, thieving politicians and numerous kinds of other evil people. A nation which has always kept it hands open begging for foreign aid. They take and take but refuse to give. Greedy people.
What has this nation achieved after 60 years of independence? The answer is "ZERO".
Their so-called respectable politicians (Nehru and Gang) who used their cunningness and fraud to get the British to quit India, went immediately into a frenzy upon receiving independence at midnigh and started amassing wealth and enriching themselves and their cronies. Although the so-called founding fathers are now dead - but their bodies were not thrown into the Ganges (those pictured floating rotting corpses). Instead, their mortal remains were cremated with sandalwood and had their ashes scattered by aircraft over India. This is exactly what happened to Mdm. Feroz Indira Gandhi, their prime minister. Her daughter-in-law wields power in these country. The British gave independence to India. Indians failed to rule and now takes instructions from an Italian mafioso.
After 60 years, the Indians are still languishing in misery and abject poverty. Their politicians are getting richer and richer and they in turn become poorer by the day.
So much of money is stolen by their civil servants and politicians and much more wasted on nuclear and rocket programmes.
What might and strength does this country, have when they are not even able to defeat Pakistan. They lost a war to China in 1963 because their army was ill-equipped and faced a disciplined Red Army. The Indians were "happy" to surrender as many did not even had winter clothes to wear at that high altitude. The Red Army was magnificent. It came prepared and encircled the Indian Army and housed them into barracks that were built prior to the invasion. China was more intelligent then corrupted and stinking India.
The Indians cannot control terrorism in their midst, despite havinbf tough laws like the MISA, etc... Their police and top generals are so corrupt that they are willing to sell the country to foreigners. Money, money, money is the key priority.
This bloody Indians should NEVER have got independence from the British. They should still be under the rule of England.
What you see in the pictures was not the scene during the days of the British Raj. The British kept India clean, built wonderful buildings, introduced good infrastructure, road and rail networks and electricity and telegraph lines. They handed over all to Independent India. The Indians did not build any further and the same buildings, railway lines and other infrstructure remains. Nothing is new.
Thanks to their corrupt system.
Sigh, hope this Nation will one day be re-colonised by some other "intelligent and clean" power. The Indians are not fit to rule. The sight of rupees make them go crazy.
The only other way is for the country to break up like the Soviet Union.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Many ang mohs will defend India because they want to use Indians to contain China. It is the only way to get an equally huge number of people on their side. The other reason is that India is a democracy similar to most of their political systems and the country India is a creation of Britain. There was no such country called India before the British came along. I believe if not for Sinophobia, the ang mohs will be using every opportunity to insult the Indians. Unfortunately, many gullible Indians are like SPGs, they think they somehow have a higher status because they are praised by the ang mohs.

Note that there are always good Indian people and it is important not to stereotype when meeting someone new. Generally, I find those who were born and grew up outside India to be easier to get along with than those who emigrated from India. Probably the same goes for Chinese.

Thanks yeah you make a lot of sense. I just wish more ppl would call out on this BS from the ang mohs and start standing up for themselves.

Yeah i know not all indians are bad but seriously i don't really care to find out. Majority of them are bad anyway and even worse they stink.

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
by the way ...do you think there is fast food like mac in varanasi ? i think its safe to eat the mac ?

Dunno. Even in major cities like Delhi, it's not that easy or convenient to go look for a fastfood restaurant, I doubt Varanasi would be any better. Anyway don't let the pple in here scare U so much. If U stick to my basic rules, U should be fine. So far the Western style restaurant I've come across all CMI. In any case, McDonalds is basically localized Indian so there's basically only Chicken on the menu(think they was filet O'Fish). Their KFC totally CMI

IMO better to stick with Indian Food, cheaper and taste way better then most other stuff. If you still think the local restaurant look CMI, stick to the Hotel Restaurants

Oh and I almost forgot, Make sure you dont put any ice in your drinks.