• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Advice Needed: Management Problem

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
yes, i do have experience in sales. i am expecting about $3.5k basic,can meet your expectation or not?:o

i sent my cv to you,pm you in a while.

Basic for salesman only 2k/month. I think cannot meet your expectation brother. :biggrin:

JayBee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Scenario:

Department Alpha Staffs: Total 3 staffs, able to hit target of 500K a month. Amount of customers they approached in total: 120

Department Bravo Staffs: Total 4 staffs, only hit 150K a month. Amount of customers they approached in total: 60

Both department staffs are given the same training, both are equally hardworking. But despite equally hardworking, the whole team of Bravo could only find 60 customers, and therefore the lower sales figure.

But why are there such a disparity in the performance? Its giving me a big headache at work.

Anyone can give me some suggestions to increase their productivity? Thank you in advance.

I would take the second best person from alpha and merge him/her into bravo. Take either of the two worse persons and merge him/her into alpha. I think the team will be more balanced after this. Offer the team member from alpha a good performance bonus especially if target are met.

potato29

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thats the fucking problem. Department Alpha is under another manager and my boss does not want to combine the departments for fear of making the Alpha manager unhappy. Over at Alpha, that guy enjoyed absolute power. Combining the company means he will have to share power with me. My boss is seldom in Singapore and he leaves everything to us. I was the one who trained up Alpha and gave the team to the current manager.

u cannot compare like that lah. did dept alpha hit $500K during their first 3 mths? how can 3mths team perform like 5yrs team.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
haha we all make mistakes here in the forum and outside too. If i ever tell you guys about all the mistakes i ever made my list will be longer than AK's

TCSS thread. :(
Simi mistakes I made? I know my grammar no good, LOL
But fuck lah, you all get what I mean can liao, got give trophy 1 izzit? whahaha

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
u cannot compare like that lah. did dept alpha hit $500K during their first 3 mths? how can 3mths team perform like 5yrs team.

Alpha team used to hit 3 times the sales that they are having now. It is only under their current manager that they dropped so low. But still, they are better than Bravo.

Last edited:

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I would take the second best person from alpha and merge him/her into bravo. Take either of the two worse persons and merge him/her into alpha. I think the team will be more balanced after this. Offer the team member from alpha a good performance bonus especially if target are met.

That was my suggestion. But the boss was afraid that Alpha manager would be angry and did not buy my plan. WTF. I told my boss off. I ask him if he is doing business or making friends.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
That was my suggestion. But the boss was afraid that Alpha manager would be angry and did not buy my plan. WTF. I told my boss off. I ask him if he is doing business or making friends.

Come on la. Be reasonable. You want to take someone else's talent, but what immediate benefit do they get in return. You can say wonderful things about giving performance bonus once target is hit, but others only say you LJ lang.