• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Advice Needed: Management Problem

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I think hard core selling products or something, cold call involves, young people's pride tio hurt when talk to strangers and got rejected.

Yes, you are right. And no glamorous title. If they sell at bank, can at least tell their peers that they are "bankers" LOL...

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Unfortunately, telemarketing is a shit job and is pay is not impressive. Perhaps, management would like to review the pay/reward structure and get the suitable candidates instead of filling in the numbers. Pinays need the job so that can remain in Sinkingland not because they like the job.

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Unfortunately, telemarketing is a shit job and is pay is not impressive. Perhaps, management would like to review the pay/reward structure and get the suitable candidates instead of filling in the numbers. Pinays need the job so that can remain in Sinkingland not because they like the job.

My company is all Singaporean. Only my boss is foreigner. :biggrin:

When i was conducting interviews, i had pinays calling me that they have agents who will do all the paperwork for me and i do not have to pay a single cent. I just need to hire them. This is how bad the problem is in Singapore with FTs.

KNNBCCB

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My company is all Singaporean. Only my boss is foreigner. :biggrin:

When i was conducting interviews, i had pinays calling me that they have agents who will do all the paperwork for me and i do not have to pay a single cent. I just need to hire them. This is how bad the problem is in Singapore with FTs.

no wonder ah loong keep importing trash :biggrin:
employ pinay lah .. must be chio hor ... then u can also hmm hmm ...:biggrin:

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Scenario:

Department Alpha Staffs: Total 3 staffs, able to hit target of 500K a month. Amount of customers they approached in total: 120

Department Bravo Staffs: Total 4 staffs, only hit 150K a month. Amount of customers they approached in total: 60

Both department staffs are given the same training, both are equally hardworking. But despite equally hardworking, the whole team of Bravo could only find 60 customers, and therefore the lower sales figure.

But why are there such a disparity in the performance? Its giving me a big headache at work.

Anyone can give me some suggestions to increase their productivity? Thank you in advance.

Firstly, you must look at the top 10 customers of each team. Is there one super big client that really cause an imbalance?

Secondly, review the attrition rate over the past 2 years.

Thirdly, tell Dept Bravo to increase the number of customers they approach. They have 4 staff, but they contacted only half of what the 3 staff in the other Dept did.

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Team A must be doing right which Team B didnt.

Assess their individual performace and see who is the critical factor in making the sale difference.

Sometimes, one of them could be a great leader in imparting great sales pitch to his team member. Get this guy to go into the weaker team to teach them a thing or two?

Im sure there is one that is not performing amongst the 7.

Scenario:

Department Alpha Staffs: Total 3 staffs, able to hit target of 500K a month. Amount of customers they approached in total: 120

Department Bravo Staffs: Total 4 staffs, only hit 150K a month. Amount of customers they approached in total: 60

Both department staffs are given the same training, both are equally hardworking. But despite equally hardworking, the whole team of Bravo could only find 60 customers, and therefore the lower sales figure.

But why are there such a disparity in the performance? Its giving me a big headache at work.

Anyone can give me some suggestions to increase their productivity? Thank you in advance.

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Firstly, you must look at the top 10 customers of each team. Is there one super big client that really cause an imbalance?

Secondly, review the attrition rate over the past 2 years.

Thirdly, tell Dept Bravo to increase the number of customers they approach. They have 4 staff, but they contacted only half of what the 3 staff in the other Dept did.

Right on this point also. Team Alpha knows how to fish for big clients while team bravo slog it out with ikan bilis. All it takes is just 1 big fish from Alpha to offset 10 ikan bilis from Bravo.

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Team A must be doing right which Team B didnt.

Assess their individual performace and see who is the critical factor in making the sale difference.

Sometimes, one of them could be a great leader in imparting great sales pitch to his team member. Get this guy to go into the weaker team to teach them a thing or two?

Im sure there is one that is not performing amongst the 7.

The unfortunate thing is, i am not allowed to pull anyone from Alpha to coach Bravo because of office politics. And Bravo is not producing any superstar. The worst performer of Alpha is even better than the top performer of Bravo :eek:

This company would have done very well if both teams were to work together. unfortunately, due to infighting and office politics, the company is split. Can you imagine a company that the boss is afraid of the manager? This is the problem.

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
ya sometimes boss is afraid of manager cos the manager is performing so well bringing in lots of $$$ for the company.

The unfortunate thing is, i am not allowed to pull anyone from Alpha to coach Bravo because of office politics. And Bravo is not producing any superstar. The worst performer of Alpha is even better than the top performer of Bravo :eek:

This company would have done very well if both teams were to work together. unfortunately, due to infighting and office politics, the company is split. Can you imagine a company that the boss is afraid of the manager? This is the problem.

geylangchickenloyangduck

Alfrescian
Loyal
nah beh...what financial product? Insurance?

I would suggest - looking at the customer list - tgts. its the quality of the customers on the call list. to help a bit, channel the quality customers to B.

or procure quality list from data companies that give better chance of success.

or mine the existing customers for more biz.

recycle the rejected list / change the approach when making the call - you may need to change the opening statement. I know because i just hang up when i realise its telemarketing.

anyways, good luck before the new law comes about that will reduce the potential customer list further.