• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Couple who dined & dashed after S$245 coffee shop feast should be caned: Ho Ching

Hightech88

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree with her.

https://mothership.sg/2023/09/ho-ching-cane-dine-and-dash/

Couple who dined & dashed after S$245 coffee shop feast should be caned: Ho Ching​

Untitled-design-87.png

A couple who left without paying for a S$245.60 zi char meal were criticised by Ho Ching on Facebook.

Ho is the former CEO of Temasek and now chairperson of Temasek Trust.

The scene of their crime was a coffee shop store located at 245 Outram Road, Lao You Ji Fishhead Steamboat and Seafood Restaurant.

hen Wei, the 38-year-old waitress who had served the pair, told Shin Min Daily News that the couple had strolled in at 4:45am, when the restaurant was about to close.

On Google, the restaurant is said to be open daily from 5pm to 4:30am.

Staff worked overtime to deliver feast​

The couple, who appeared to be in their 40s, ordered the menu's signature dishes, including a three-egg spinach dish, a stewed chicken, and a Hong Kong steamed turbot fish, which cost S$208 in total.

Screenshot-2023-09-04-at-4.59.42-PM.png

Photo via Shin Min Daily News

Factoring in the rice and two drinks, the couple racked up a final bill of S$245.60.

Chen, along with a chef and another staff member, worked overtime to serve them for nearly an hour.

Unable to stomach their spread in its entirety, the pair later asked for their leftovers to be packed.

Having mistaken that the customers had already paid their bill, Chen left the packed food on their table.

The couple then collected their leftovers and left in a yellow taxi sans payment.

Waitress left to foot the bill​

This left Chen to cover the cost of their bill, according to Shin Min.

"My monthly salary is only S$1,800. The money is not a small amount for me. I hope they can come back and repay it as soon as possible," said Chen.

She said that even though she has come across previous customers who forgot to pay, they'd always call the restaurant to alert them and transfer the money via PayNow.

After waiting for about a week, however, this couple has yet to come forward and foot the bill.

Chen added that her boss is aware of the incident and would take action against the couple if they still fail to come forth.

Weighing in on the issue, Ho Ching had this to say of the culprits:

"There are cheats and there are cheats. The ones who cheat retirees, low wage workers, and the vulnerable, are the lowliest of the low life. We should try to find these folks, and cane them properly for preying on the weak and vulnerable."
----------

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
i agree. but that couple also a bit too much also. eat already don't pay
Yes eat don't pay is bad.
Hc also got it wrong . She won't understand peasants.
The restaurant owners are not the weak and vulnerable. They are quite rich people.
The actual weak and vulnerables are bullied by her husband

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
talking about cheats, low wage workers keep paying income tax and gst to government but government spends billions on mp and minister salary

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
actually,is it legal for these restaurant owner to make the worker pay if the customer is the cheat?
I think it depends if there is a prior agreement with the employees.
Eg many cashiers are told that during eod accounting if the cash register doesn't tally they have to bear the cost. They agreed to the terms, hence is legal.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The punishment must fit the crime, but I'm sure that's an alien concept to Empress Dowager Ho. :rolleyes:

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are big cheats and there are bigger cheats.
The big cheats who cheat retirees,low wage workers,and the vulnerable are the lowest of the low life.
We should try to find these big cheats and cane them properly for preying on the weak and vulnerable.:cool:

gsbslut

Stupidman
Loyal
I think it depends if there is a prior agreement with the employees.
Eg many cashiers are told that during eod accounting if the cash register doesn't tally they have to bear the cost. They agreed to the terms, hence is legal.
ic
yesterday I went to meekia stall to tapow 4 packets of noodles $5 each and add more fishball $1 per pack.i gave the girl $50 and she gave me change of $35 back. i also blur. i ask her if she count correctly. she thought I meant she overcharged me and she looked angry. then I said to her 小姐, 你少算了。 then her expression changed from angry to like paiseh.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There are big cheats and there are bigger cheats.
The big cheats who cheat retirees,low wage workers,and the vulnerable are the lowest of the low life.
We should try to find these big cheats and cane them properly for preying on the weak and vulnerable.:cool:

The biggest cheat is this one.

1626946095413-png.116962

Her accomplices:

swhrRu6UnIgw.png

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
ic
yesterday I went to meekia stall to tapow 4 packets of noodles $5 each and add more fishball $1 per pack.i gave the girl $50 and she gave me change of $35 back. i also blur. i ask her if she count correctly. she thought I meant she overcharged me and she looked angry. then I said to her 小姐, 你少算了。 then her expression changed from angry to like paiseh.
She memerised by your hunk build is it? :geek: