• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

OldFart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
hi, thanks for bringing over. will pickup from the airport when arrive. thanks again.

I got you 4 is it enough?

SweetSauce_zps783d743d.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Re: A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand ? Feasible?

Happy Lunar New Year Goldeneye, you're damn funny

Question: Why are you here?
Answer: To pray, visit Buddha temples
Question: Where do you stay?
Answer: Geylang Lor 17
Question: Why Geylang?
Answer: Lot of temples there, easy to pray :-)

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ya I believe beef is out if the question. But the TG selection like many airlines SQ included does have "Hindu non-vegetarian" in the meal selection when doing booking. I not sure about Jainism I think Jah should be an expert. Lol.

Oei jainism have nothing to do with rastafarianism. Rastas eat ital foods but I don't know what it is

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
a big welcome to all the bros who will be arriving in sin city for unsinkification.

heres my lunch. sweet sour pork.

20130209_143808_zpsea9898e9.jpg

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Happy Lunar New Year Charlie. Yes this is Yingluck the Prime Minister of Thailand and sister of Thaksin.

Brother [joetys], the successful entrepreneur,

Happy Lunar Chinese New Year.
May all your endeavours and business ventures be smooth sailing and successful.
May your family and you enjoy continuing good health, peace, and prosperity throughout the Year of the Snake.

Wow, the Honourable Prime Minister looks very alluring.

By the way, is Thaksin of Chinese descent?

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Thank you Charlie, it's really flattering.

Thaksin is the fourth generation Thai Chinese in Thailand. Great great grandfather a Teochew came from Guangdong Teochew area and married a local Thai so the generations followed are not purely Chinese in that sense however most of the descendants after him married with local Chinese.

I've read a book about Thaksin's accession in his political career and the book did have details of his family tree but here's a pretty good summary http://asiapacific.anu.edu.au/newmandala/2011/08/08/the-shinawatra-family-tree/

Brother [joetys], the successful entrepreneur,

Happy Lunar Chinese New Year.
May all your endeavours and business ventures be smooth sailing and successful.
May your family and you enjoy continuing good health, peace, and prosperity throughout the Year of the Snake.

Wow, the Honourable Prime Minister looks very alluring.

By the way, is Thaksin of Chinese descent?

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thank you for the url link and info.
Much obliged.

Thank you Charlie, it's really flattering.

Thaksin is the fourth generation Thai Chinese in Thailand. Great great grandfather a Teochew came from Guangdong Teochew area and married a local Thai so the generations followed are not purely Chinese in that sense however most of the descendants after him married with local Chinese.

I've read a book about Thaksin's accession in his political career and the book did have details of his family tree but here's a pretty good summary http://asiapacific.anu.edu.au/newmandala/2011/08/08/the-shinawatra-family-tree/

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hehehe. paiseh for my sloppy or chin chai dressing attire to the bros who visit my humble kopitiam last night and this morning. hope u guys enjoy the food and drinks.

wish u guys have a pleasant stay in los.