• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hehehe. a nice location on the dark side of sin city. lao jiao shud know where is dark side of sin city. anyway, this one have to consider cos' still have yet to decide what venture. but location beri good. also i very tired liaoz.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
a beautiful morning here. today woke up late a little bit as cook already know how to go market. :smile:

hope the bro who is staying in bua khao is having a good time. paiseh i was busy last few days and nights. will try to go for moo ka taa session.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
freaking hell man, just check the internet, found that the distance between kanchanaburi to pattaya is around 400+km. now having second thoughts of driving there...
hehehe. 400 km is really nothing here lah. dont believe? ask froggy lah. easily clocked that in 1 morning.

have to get use to long distance driving. :smile:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
inspired by tonychat's kai jeow lad khao. ask cook to do one but with big onions. aroi.

20130212_083001_zps06044ee7.jpg

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hehehe. a nice location on the dark side of sin city. lao jiao shud know where is dark side of sin city. anyway, this one have to consider cos' still have yet to decide what venture. but location beri good.
May the (dark) force be with you :p Is your visitor staying in soi buakhao, having late mornings (and nights) too?:biggrin:

dietcoke

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yaaaa 400km is just average. Not too far and not too near.

agreed, its almost the same distance from sg to kl. but but but.... i first time driving such a long distance journey in thailand, somemore must pass thru bangkok, a bit scared leh... the way i see bangkok people drive is worse than sg.

all i can rely on this journey is a GPS. so bro chonburi, if u never see me latest in 23rd this month, it means that instead of going pattaya, i go holland.

if really not confident, i think i just take mini van go better.

Last edited:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
agreed, its almost the same distance from sg to kl. but but but.... i first time driving such a long distance journey in thailand, somemore must pass thru bangkok, a bit scared leh... the way i see bangkok people drive is worse than sg.

all i can rely on this journey is a GPS. so bro chonburi, if u never see me latest in 23rd this month, it means that instead of going pattaya, i go holland.

if really not confident, i think i just take mini van go better.
hrhehehe. trust me.bkk although got jams but bkk drivers a thousand times better than pattaya.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
first time driving such a long distance journey in thailand, somemore must pass thru bangkok, a bit scared leh...if u never see me latest in 23rd this month, it means that instead of going pattaya, i go holland.
Always 1st time. Also think you can bypass Bkk on the highway to Patts. Only thing I'd advise is to avoid driving at nights. Not done Kachanaburi part, but I've driven Bkk/Chonburi (to Bangsen, Patts), done Hua Hin (2.5-3 hrs ex Bkk) and also CNX/LPT countless (snaky mountain drive 100kms, but nothing like Joety's Pai do). Like you at 1st instant, was kinda hesitant... but you'll get over it soon

Last edited:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Always 1st time. Also think you can bypass Bkk on the highway to Patts. Only thing I'd advise is to avoid driving at nights. Not done Kachanaburi part, but I've driven Bkk/Chonburi (to Bangsen, Patts), done Hua Hin (2.5-3 hrs ex Bkk) and also CNX/LPT countless (snaky mountain drive 100kms, but nothing like Joety's Pai do). Like you at 1st instant, was kinda hesitant... but you'll get over it soon

Looong sloooow unhurried drive is relaxing and therapeutic for the soul so something Sinkieland cannot offer. I'll say go for it.

rotikosong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looong sloooow unhurried drive is relaxing and therapeutic for the soul so something Sinkieland cannot offer. I'll say go for it.

Ya drive long distance must go slow slow sabai sabai and stop frequently to makan. Oso must have a solid mixtape. My taste is something like this (I old skool)

[video=youtube;IpLT8ov_LEQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpLT8ov_LEQ[/video]

dietcoke

Alfrescian
Loyal
likely if i'm driving, we will set out around 10 plus from kanchanaburi. song wise, not to worry, i have lots of them from chinese to thai to euro dance.

mainly go pattaya is for 2 things:

1. go see chonburi cos last dec never go due to lost iphone. must go this trip and eat all the food i want.

2. i just love pattaya, esp the food and atmosphere! overall, its a tourist place, but, if u venture inland, u can find many other things to see too. i think i mentioned that there's a mini siam there etc..

yo bro joetys, got any spare GPS can lend me? i stingy dont want go buy :smile:

yo bro chonburi, can per order my menu first or not? we (my wife and i) love club sandwiches... and i love runny eggs!!

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Now about to start jimjum at Chonburifc's joint in Pattaya

7E9AC478-A74A-41A9-BA8E-88C87BC1DB8B-1039-000000381248F681.jpg

4EF04116-D452-4B79-85F8-B0971A64290E-1039-00000037F098A805.jpg

with Hennessy of course