• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think the dessert looks better, what looks like a pair C-cups wrapped in red satin.

Wah, your eyes ever so sharp to notice fringe menu:wink:

Keen eyes KYP but I need to make some slight adjustments by moving the alphabet up one notch to D. Yes this one no ordinary Hazard. No dessert pii, just good friend now who need company to Yaowarat buy gold so 顺便 go Scala makan la. Now I go home.

Wah lan eh, how come I miss this one hah? Maybe I really 'yao gui', only see the food and miss other detail??

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How about this for lunch now with Hazard?

671c4e99.jpg

Sharks Fins Soip and DouMiao
Urghh.... I miss BKK food....

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just came back from running errands. From Asoke to MBK to Siam Discovery to Siam Center, and back to Thonglor. Yet to find time to visit the new Central Fortune (not sure what it's called). Everything in Thailand seems to be 10B. It kinda reminds you that the world is still beautiful and affordable :smile:

I have honed my bargaining skills while in ROC. I find it's something that Singaporeans are not very well versed. I put it to good use today @ the spectacles shop and MBK...:smile:

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I finally found the main supplier of textile fabrics for tailors in Bangkok. It's called "Baron's Fashion" and it's along Sukhumvit between Ploenchit and Nana. The laolan tailor @ Amarin Plaza bulled me about his Egyptian cotton etc. I found them all in "Baron's Fashion", and 20% cheaper than those Amarin tailors.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just came back from running errands. From Asoke to MBK to Siam Discovery to Siam Center, and back to Thonglor. Yet to find time to visit the new Central Fortune (not sure what it's called). Everything in Thailand seems to be 10B. It kinda reminds you that the world is still beautiful and affordable :smile:

I have honed my bargaining skills while in ROC. I find it's something that Singaporeans are not very well versed. I put it to good use today @ the spectacles shop and MBK...:smile:

I thought that you have resided in thailand for quite a long period of time so you're quite used to the lifestyle in thailand already?

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I want to start a topic on police and army ranks in Thailand. I don't seem to be able to tell their rank just by looking at the uniform.

Any bro want to start the ball rolling ?

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I read that the army and the police have some sort of competition going on. Both sides try and take good publicity and plant bad publicity on one another. The military has also controlled thailand thru dicatatorships for many years in the past. Is this still the case? Is the present thai govt under some sort of general's influence in the background?

The thai army is definitely more garang than the sg army obviously and holds greater respect. I read the story of some fren he was in some thai club in BKK and he was making frens with some thai ladies and one of the ladies snubbed 1 thai guy so he actually brought a gun to threaten him. Anyway this guy also had a thai fren from the army so he spoke to that guy that brought the gun and the guy apologised and left them alone.

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow...this is the rank of a Wing Commander:

Thai_air_O4.png

Starting from :

Air Cadet > Pilot Officer > Flying Officer > Flying Lieutenant > Squadron Leader > Wing Commander
> Group Captain > Senior Group Captain > Air Vice Marshal

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wow...this is the rank of a Wing Commander:

Thai_air_O4.png

Starting from :

Air Cadet > Pilot Officer > Flying Officer > Flying Lieutenant > Squadron Leader > Wing Commander
> Group Captain > Senior Group Captain > Air Vice Marshal
This one is machiam Lieutenant Colonel. If zha boh commander, consider very senior. One rank below Captain (or Colonel in Sinkeeland).

Hehehe. Don't play play. This one husband probably 1-2 ranks above her.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Looking for a simple (and stable) accounting software. Basic need is payroll, OT, invoices, allowance, expense and VAT.

Will only need it for single user.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
.. army and the police have some sort of competition going on. Both sides try and take good publicity and plant bad publicity on one another. The military has also controlled thailand thru dicatatorships for many years in the past. .
It's a given fact with rivalry between army and police -even on business, legit or otherwise (much has been written on same). Military coups in past attest to their clout in thai political tapestry. Imho, both got own "lobby" support

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
It's a given fact with rivalry between army and police -even on business, legit or otherwise (much has been written on same). Military coups in past attest to their clout in thai political tapestry. Imho, both got own "lobby" support

Ok guys cool it these are no gods, all these rankings and authorities and prowess comes to nothing in Thailand because simply the entire military establishment takes it call from the openly gay general Prem. Don't believe me, I found it from google.