• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You asked for it. Here's special PhadThai at Soi 19 Ekkamai coffeeshop setting.

NZ Scallop PhadThai 100 baht

Crab Meat PhadThai 100 baht

You open up egg skin and find PhadThai inside

Most people order normal PhadThai only 30 baht

Wah you eat good stuffs sia..... LOL

Thats not scallop leh, thats mussels, but knn the crab meat.... yum yum

MORE!! MORE!!!!

God, I miss BKK Fishball Kway Teow so much......

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Carrot cake not har mah.... fried with fish sauce, chai pok, chilli, garnished with green onion, hor seh liao

Around SGD7k per year....

Fried Carrot Cake can be found in almost every food court here in stalls selling HoiTot. Difference is here they fry with lots of daogay. Strange thing is this dish always disappear very quickly guess people likes it.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Wah you eat good stuffs sia..... LOL

Thats not scallop leh, thats mussels, but knn the crab meat.... yum yum

MORE!! MORE!!!!

Sorry you're right they are mussels not scallops. Driving and posting la brain Kenna short.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's the carrot cake itself. There are no ready make carrot cake here so have to make the cake myself. Last attempt was cake become to soft and soggy. The rest of the ingredients I can get here and LOS chai por is better than sinkee chai por.
Carrot cake is daikon shreds with rice flour, add salt and sugar, water proportion same as you cooking rice, shouldnt be soggy at all liao....

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Fried Carrot Cake can be found in almost every food court here in stalls selling HoiTot. Difference is here they fry with lots of daogay. Strange thing is this dish always disappear very quickly guess people likes it.
Have ahh? strange, never saw before, not nian gao right?

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Summon you ahh..... LOL

Song-Roi-Baht finish all problem solved

Have ahh? strange, never saw before, not nian gao right?

Its called Kanom-Pad-Gad

KanomPadGadRachawong01.jpg

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Anything else on the "menu", seems you getting geared up for Bangers. You know what they say, food for soul ..but not ignore body needs too:p
chonburifc said:
just want to set up a joint so that fellow runroaders can meet up and have a cup of coffee or beer or maybe even my Wanton Noodle
If that can pay the rent.. also your chio staff can moonlight wait on table, can?:wink:

Off to ner for u-turn, fri late and balil sun evening. Hear mercury hitting high 38C daytime (haze not helping). But nighs, it sub 20. For sure, summer's here with songkran a little more than a month away. School's out for 1 month then I understand

http://www.asiaone.com/News/AsiaOne+News/Asia/Story/A1Story20120306-331803.html

http://news.asiaone.com/News/AsiaOne+News/Asia/Story/A1Story20120304-331467.html

Rain dance??

rusty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You asked for it. Here's special PhadThai at Soi 19 Ekkamai coffeeshop setting.

14a1775b.jpg

NZ Mussels PhadThai 100 baht

2a5ca374.jpg

Crab Meat PhadThai 100 baht

1bed4cce.jpg

You open up egg skin and find PhadThai inside

Most people order normal PhadThai only 30 baht

Wah...your PhadThai looks delicious. I tried one at Khao San @30 baht with egg only. Will try your version at Ekkamai 1st thing I'll do when I arrived next time.

008.JPG

rotikosong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Off to ner for u-turn, fri late and balil sun evening. Hear mercury hitting high 38C daytime (haze not helping). But nighs, it sub 20. For sure, summer's here with songkran a little more than a month away. School's out for 1 month then I understand

Oh you going north just for a few days? I think school's ending ("pit term") soon, either this or next week. Approaching peak domestic travel season. New school year starting after Songkran - just like the Japanese, school year starts in April for them. When I was small, I thought the whole world started their school year Jan 2.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Wah...your PhadThai looks delicious. I tried one at Khao San @30 baht with egg only. Will try your version at Ekkamai 1st thing I'll do when I arrived next time.

View attachment 4015

Rusty please don't be attracted by the beauty of these PhadThai I tried earlier this week because if you say Khao San then I have to say Khao San serves the bestest Phad Thai anytime.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Oh you going north just for a few days? I think school's ending ("pit term") soon, either this or next week. Approaching peak domestic travel season. New school year starting after Songkran - just like the Japanese, school year starts in April for them. When I was small, I thought the whole world started their school year Jan 2.

School term finish liao. Maid is going home tomorrow to bring son to Bangkok. School holiday 3 months she said.

rotikosong

Alfrescian
Loyal
My first outing after returning was to visit Four-Faced Buddha.

You and I different priorities. Trust me, my first outing will definitely not be anything holy (well hole-y maybe). Nor my second, or twenty-ninth. Maaaiiiiii samkhan.

I will be in LOS in 3 weeks hopefully. I need the break - this has been a horrible year work-wise so far. I want to run far far and forget and do nothing but "Gin Kee Pee Non".