• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Frog legs arrived finally

Fresh sliced barracuda sashimi style but the seasoning with black and red pepper is unique

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Although living in Thailand and it is popular for Thai braised sharks fins in claypot my preference for sharks fins is still our very own 鸡鲍翅 (ji bao chi). Let me share some food I took last week while in Singapore.

My favourite 鸡鲍翅 is from Jade Room Restaurant found in Hotel Royal (36 Newton Road). Unlike Thai style sharks fins soup this is not sticky and starchy but simply milky. One has to order in advance. However its rich in taste and I suspect its braised with sharks bones.

Unlike Thai style the 鸡鲍翅 comes in big slices or chucky fins

Haven't been here for 2 years so this visit is filled with sweet memories

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Guess this type of stall is getting really rare these days, really made me shed a tear.

This is a stall in Tanglin Halt Market next to block 47 the serve excellent tosai only $1 each

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Another stall that's good in this Tanglin Halt Market is the kwaychap stall in the middle

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Once in a while its pleasurable to drive the pickup truck in the big roads here especially long distance

[video=youtube;fiSDbhUbQ-U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiSDbhUbQ-U[/video]

Should utilize it more

Last edited:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Found a nice Chinese restaurant Liu Xiang Fong. This is located in The Promenade next to Fashion Island Mall.

starter - nothing special except that it's very fresh

This is really good - Four Treasure

Hor fun fried fish - this is another very good fish similar to Geylang beef hor fun

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
One more thing about the above hor fun is the hor fun is freshly stir fried in hot oil till a little crisp this made a lot of difference compare to singapore's mass pre-fried way.

ok this restaurant serves timsum too but don't waste your time on this.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
My favourite food in bangkok.

20131203_142307_zpsyee9ywqb.jpg

Last edited:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Singapore has Yong Tauhu while Thailand has Yen Taufu written in Chinese both are similar but then it looks markedly different. For us our chilli sauce and the red sweet sauce is outside the noodle and use for dips but for Thailand they mix the red fulu into the soup. Many Thais like this but I find it a little strange and not use to the fulu smell and taste.

A popular chain is Mallika Yen Taofu which is where I went for dinner nearby. Manllika is like in every mall

Kajeab drink is like ribena but made from some plant its a nice refreshing drink sweet and sour

My noodle - clear soup

Yen Taofu - my companion's dinner

Somtam pu-ma - somtam with raw crab

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Sawasdee krup. Good Saturday morning. Breakfast with family now typical Thai khao kah moo (literally rice leg pig) bought from nearby street market which opens every morning.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Look at the amount of shit one needs to walk thru to reach baiyoke sky hotel

This is the alley way you walk down after visiting pantip

1877068241c66147de7d7b9c32a7634669a08b51.jpg

The fucking crowded and dirty streets

18770685de3b73c94d1f312f0c7af8e0d26b7cf3.jpg

I think it's the so called tallest building in bkk

18770683865384baae0163f4b3a06775f76f70c5.jpg