• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

Jlokta

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
hehehe. company driver first day at work. orientation now. finally i can kiao ka yeo lampar again.

20130123_095132.jpg

eh Pi, how come you sit beside one?

I though tao kay all sit behind reading papers and nursing a glass of scotch on rocks? :biggrin:

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
...how come you sit beside one? ..tao kay all sit behind reading papers and nursing a glass of scotch on rocks? :biggrin:
chonburifc said:
company driver first day at work. orientation now. finally i can kiao ka yeo lampar again
Wah, chon living it up as sinkie expat with ahmad in Patts. On driver's side orientation includes GPS for his lobang places :p:wink: Not recall you had 1 before, "virgin"?

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand.

Is thailand a good place to train? I understand that many ns men dread going to brunei cos it's all jungle and there's very little R and R.
Thailand is freaking hot when in season but its never humid so still bearable......of course many prefer ROC to Thailand......but some units got good life in LOS.....usually those attached to US base (not in Kan)......Brunei is bearable if you are perm staff.......got lots of 'house functions' to go to.
Thailand R&R used to be controlled.......no hotel stays machiam ROC.....dunno about now though......

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Wah, chon living it up as sinkie expat with ahmad in Patts. On driver's side orientation includes GPS for his lobang places :p:wink: Not recall you had 1 before, "virgin"?

Must upgrade la bro, only the fuckup PAP regime tells sinkies to downgrade housing when grow old, cannot afford go abroad to third world country for your medical and if cannot afford to die in Sinkieland fuck off to JB old folks home. Only evil hearts can say this to their own children of the land.

Me? I'm still dreaming for a driver.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
eh Pi, how come you sit beside one?

I though tao kay all sit behind reading papers and nursing a glass of scotch on rocks? :biggrin:
I believe the 'driver' is primarily an armed bodyguard.......Pii Chon sits next to driver for safety reasons........he employs another lookalike stunt double to sit behind as decoy......:biggrin:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I believe the 'driver' is primarily an armed bodyguard.......Pii Chon sits next to driver for safety reasons........he employs another lookalike stunt double to sit behind as decoy......:biggrin:

No la after he employ the driver no more budget for double so he use this fella instead

hen-party-male-blow-up-doll-inoffensive-smiffys-94020-2-193-p.jpg

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hehehe. not my personal driver lah. under company account lah. but i abuse power a little nit noi nit noi. :smile:

but at night go cheong must drive myself cos' wait whole world know where i go. :p

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
hehehe. not my personal driver lah. under company account lah. but i abuse power a little nit noi nit noi. :smile:

but at night go cheong must drive myself cos' wait whole world know where i go. :p

The whole world already know only you don't know they know.

Basmati rice how? Can get? I always have a couple of kilos at home. Don't play play this is excellent for nasi lemak too

Last edited:

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Must upgrade la bro, only the fuckup PAP regime ...if cannot afford to die in Sinkieland fuck off to JB old folks home. Only evil hearts can say this to their own children of the land.
Me? I'm still dreaming for a driver.
chonburifc said:
company account lah. but i abuse power a little nit noi nit noi.
but at night go cheong must drive myself cos' wait whole world know where i go.
Perks, add to better quality of life in LOS. And Joetys' beef in us losing out on affordable medicare and old age care, rest our case!

Chon, smarty pants on going solo when darkness falls ...less risk of whistle blower +555:p:wink:

Last edited:

panzer

Alfrescian
Loyal
ok finally got some time now. retiring or running road is like salesman selling things. only say the good things but no say bad things. the longer period to test water is to see the not good or not so good things.

Bro chon - yes, must try before we buy :-)

But unlike BMT if you don't like you can go back Sinkieland. BMT if you don't and if you not lanlan then can go detention barrack

bro joetys

My unit was next to Kranji DB. Now and then will get Jehovah Witnesses 3 year inmate visitors from next door selling veggies to our unit. That place is now very developed with HDB built almost to doorstep. During early 90s still very ulu place.

yes, i think the first month is the most difficult. on a personal note , my own views only. if u intend to shift ur life over to thailand or any other country, do not jump into doing any business first!! always give urself time to look around, cos the demand in sg may not be in demand over at ur destined country.

e.g. starting a game shop selling ps3 xbox.. but, realised that place u reside in, nobody even owns a sega 16 bit!

it is better to let urself rot until u are freaking boring, then go find something to do. cos, if u (perhaps) open a shop, if halfway, u cannot survive, then u will think of coming back sg.

Bro dietcoke

Very true, important to understand the market. Singapore Inc is rolling towards population 7m "planning parameter" soon with the population white paper, our internal planning should be to earn $$$ in SG and retire out of SG. Globalisation!

Sensible, test the water if "warm" before diving in (deep end?). Not unlike starting on a darned fast food franchise in some ulu precinct when locals only got money to spare (and palate) for their pad thai. Some1 last year lobbied me to go for Subway franchise in new up coming Central in Lampang up north (only mall is Big C and new Macro). And we know the thai's tastebuds more to KFC and maybe big M over sandwiches.

Care to share any limiting reasons for Sin City? You might get into some partnership (and skirmishes) with Chon:biggrin:

bro yinyang

Must start to "carve" out territories mecham GE/BE? :-)

This reminds me of the mannequins (sourced from department store contacts) i used to place in the passenger seats to enter CBD back then :biggrin:

Bro Narong

That was when it was "Restricted Zone" before ERP time... wow. that was really long time ago after policemen switched from shorts to pants? :-P

Weather in SG now extreme. One day freezing cold at night, next day can be very hot...

Last edited:

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No shit? You were able to fool the CISCO?
Narong Wongwan said:
reminds me of the mannequins (sourced from department store contacts) i used to place in the passenger seats to enter CBD back then
Heard some took easier way out then, with cut-outs. Then, we also had "pick-ups" just before the gantry gates ala Jakarta now :p. But then, multi entry with just 1 daily sticker job

Jlokta said:
NW's passenger probably had long hair like this
NW can also put to good use on cold, lonely nights (more than a booster) :p

Last edited:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No shit? You were able to fool the CISCO?

Bro Narong

That was when it was "Restricted Zone" before ERP time... wow. that was really long time ago after policemen switched from shorts to pants? :-P

Yes Restricted Zone.....long time ago........you got to buy the area license thingy.....the gantry was there with eagle eye cisco ladies under it.....i perfected the art of siam daily....always enter by middle lane preferably side by side with a bus.....i did that for a few month.....but daily carrying mannequins to keep in the boot was quite a hassle......and constant nagging from the folks too for doing something 'against the law'.......i would have praised my kids for being innovative instead......my friends and colleagues think it was very cool.....my mannequins were all dressed with long hair.

Jlokta

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Heard some took easier way out then, with cut-outs. Then, we also had "pick-ups" just before the gantry gates ala Jakarta now :p. But then, multi entry with just 1 daily sticker job

Last time have to buy 'coupons' at petrol kiosks before driving into restricted zones.

532659895_f6a9050fe8.jpg

$3 good for the whole day.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

NW can also put to good use on cold, lonely nights (more than a booster) :p
yes back then also always stop at bus stops to offer free rides to strangers....shouting out the destination.....sometimes get to sian some chiobus

dietcoke

Alfrescian
Loyal

Is thailand a good place to train? I understand that many ns men dread going to brunei cos it's all jungle and there's very little R and R.

not too sure. during my ns, never went to thailand. but if i'm not wrong, the saf camp is very far from the main city in kanchanaburi. cos i never encounter groups of ns boys out in the streets.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

not too sure. during my ns, never went to thailand. but if i'm not wrong, the saf camp is very far from the main city in kanchanaburi. cos i never encounter groups of ns boys out in the streets.

Saiyok is 45 mins bus ride away.
You will see the sinkie soldiers on Wednesday nights (nights off) and weekends (days off).
The perm staff will also go out to town on local purchases and medical runs.