• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Re: A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand.

yes, i think the first month is the most difficult. on a personal note , my own views only. if u intend to shift ur life over to thailand or any other country, do not jump into doing any business first!! always give urself time to look around, cos the demand in sg may not be in demand over at ur destined country.

e.g. starting a game shop selling ps3 xbox.. but, realised that place u reside in, nobody even owns a sega 16 bit!

it is better to let urself rot until u are freaking boring, then go find something to do. cos, if u (perhaps) open a shop, if halfway, u cannot survive, then u will think of coming back sg.

Hey I like your approach, practical and sensible. So you are staying here on typing term basis now or still commuting? Hey if pass by Bangkok let me know ok? And please post more and let us know how are things in Kanchanaburi.

dietcoke

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hey I like your approach, practical and sensible. So you are staying here on typing term basis now or still commuting? Hey if pass by Bangkok let me know ok? And please post more and let us know how are things in Kanchanaburi.

how should i put it? i am now in sg, but slowly, but SURELY, shifting my life over. as i told u guys, i and my wife opened a shop at river kwai area, bought a new vios (red plate) and now i am looking at properties over there. my wife even bought the builders O&M gallery book to look at different types of houses they build. i like a big house with 4 bedroom and 4 bathroom, double storey, but it cost freaking >5 mil baht!!!

reasons i stay in sg is because of the FX rate. and i'm earning above average. trying to earn enough for me to start a family there and get all the necessary things i want before going over LT. oh btw, i planning to slack 6mths over there before starting any real work.

regarding the vios, i'm going this cny to help drive to temple first for monk blessing, then drive back home :smile:

dietcoke

Alfrescian
Loyal

yeah... waiting for the number plate to come out. i sure hoot big big in sg 4D and thai 3D.

bro joetsy,

this cny i'm coming to BKK for couple days, but u say u in sg :(.

but good news bro chunburi.

if u in pattaya during cny, me and my wife will be crusing down to ur zai tuay in my new shiny pearl white vios!! haha!! cos i had always like pattaya.. and we intend to stay back at the sea me spring 2 hotel. cos its nice,(shit, i forgot where i put my photos. i got pics of the bathroom), bathroom got 1 area for bathtub, and another area for standing shower. nice!! and also got a small sofa to relax :smile:

air port, i will be buying a chivas 18yo and maybe a nice cordon bleu for me to celebrate my cny in the LOS!!

ypres

Alfrescian
Loyal

Sarwadeekrap phi. Pom khit wa retire in Thailand 5 years. Looking at retirement visa. I envy locals who have the guts to retire or relocate. Pom mai rak Singapore too crowded and stressful.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

yeah... waiting for the number plate to come out. i sure hoot big big in sg 4D and thai 3D.

bro joetsy,

this cny i'm coming to BKK for couple days, but u say u in sg :(.

but good news bro chunburi.

if u in pattaya during cny, me and my wife will be crusing down to ur zai tuay in my new shiny pearl white vios!! haha!! cos i had always like pattaya.. and we intend to stay back at the sea me spring 2 hotel. cos its nice,(shit, i forgot where i put my photos. i got pics of the bathroom), bathroom got 1 area for bathtub, and another area for standing shower. nice!! and also got a small sofa to relax :smile:

air port, i will be buying a chivas 18yo and maybe a nice cordon bleu for me to celebrate my cny in the LOS!!
come lah. i can help you with the blue belt and practise my singlish.

this is my vios with 'jerm'.

20130122_170445.jpg

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Sarwadeekrap phi. Pom khit wa retire in Thailand 5 years. Looking at retirement visa. I envy locals who have the guts to retire or relocate. Pom mai rak Singapore too crowded and stressful.
retire in los must look for me hor.
:smile:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

how should i put it? i am now in sg, but slowly, but SURELY, shifting my life over. as i told u guys, i and my wife opened a shop at river kwai area, bought a new vios (red plate) and now i am looking at properties over there. my wife even bought the builders O&M gallery book to look at different types of houses they build. i like a big house with 4 bedroom and 4 bathroom, double storey, but it cost freaking >5 mil baht!!!

reasons i stay in sg is because of the FX rate. and i'm earning above average. trying to earn enough for me to start a family there and get all the necessary things i want before going over LT. oh btw, i planning to slack 6mths over there before starting any real work.

regarding the vios, i'm going this cny to help drive to temple first for monk blessing, then drive back home :smile:

All the best to you bro. You have a plan and that's very important. Yes I'll be back for CNY. We'll keep in contact.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

isn't that province the saf goes to train?

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

isn't that province the saf goes to train?

Most SAF NSmen would have been to the place at least once in their stint (ex crescendo).
SAF goes to many other places in Thailand too....lopburi, udon, korat, sattahip.....though Kan is the only place they maintain a base.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

'jerm' of my other toyota.

1358858968855.jpg

hehehe. 1 year old, rarely use, mileage only 30k nia.anyone interested.

20130123_071900.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Bro 1 year 30,000km is not little even for Thai standard la. It's close to normal but on the high side.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Most SAF NSmen would have been to the place at least once in their stint (ex crescendo).
SAF goes to many other places in Thailand too....lopburi, udon, korat, sattahip.....though Kan is the only place they maintain a base.

Is thailand a good place to train? I understand that many ns men dread going to brunei cos it's all jungle and there's very little R and R.