• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand ? Feasible?

I died a little inside when she got married. The other half still waiting for Pang Ornjira (I like the katoey look)
Pang's TV7 la korns were more popular than her other works in TV3 and TV5. Believe she would have become another Pancake if she has stick to TV7.

She also did a tom boy makeup but definitely don't look like Katoey.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Here's an advertisement from a property agency. All price in THB. :wink:

Photo0257.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Joe, Fuji do not serve alcoholic beverages between 2pm to 5 pm right?

Me sometimes also got same problem with waking up too early. My trick is don't sleep too early.:wink: Good thing in Pattaya is there is always something on during the early hours of the morning. :wink:

Pii Chon, Sawasdee Krup.

Whether we at MK or Fuji or anywhere. We will pre-order any drinks before 2pm, this is our way. As for yesterday we already have a quarter-bottle (1.8L) of sake there, after we finished at 1.30pm we ordered another bottle and drank till 5pm, still have some left and kept it there.

In MK its normally wine that we brought ourselves so no problem but one partner only drinks Sing so he will pre-order like 6 bottles and keep then in MK's fridge and after the session if still have 1-2 bottles can bring home la.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Can anyone post pics of Pang ? Don't know who she is.

Name is pronounce as Paeng (like powder in Thai). Not that I know, my maid just told me.

She is a movie star but not liked by many before because she dtorlae gorhok (lied) about she is single and not attached. Then her army officer boyfriend of 8 years came out to rebuked her and she publicly apologised. That was 4 years ago. She is still with him now, he is considered senior in the army corps and a rich guy.

pang_maxim2.jpg

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Had Fuji with partner until 5pm. Get home pissed. Still pissed from lunch so slept at 10pm. Woke up at 1am not cannot sleep, knn.
Bro, it's the alcohol at work distorting your body clock -after getting plastered afternoon. Here's some boh liao sinkie proverbs (which I kena spammed with just now) to remind you both of home::o

SINGAPORE PROVERBS

One man's urine is another man's drinking water.

Citizens should be seen and not heard.

You pay millions, you still get monkeys!

We pay monkeys to get peanuts.

After the government takes enough to balance the budget, the taxpayer has the job of budgeting the balance.

Cleanliness is next to a Corrective Work Order.

The early bird catches the Hello Kitty.

Familiarity breeds people who might borrow money from you.

Where there's a will, there's a potential lawsuit.

Absence makes the man a quitter.

A land that rewards foreign talents over locals, will soon be foreign of talents locally, and eventually be foreign of talents totally.

What goes up can never come down: Law of GST and PTC.

You can lead a citizen to Newater, and you can force him to drink.

One good hike deserves another. Every big hike starts with a small hike.

Lightning can strike twice if you suay-suay defame the wrong person.

No news is SPH news.

Make hay while the mee boils.

Old soldiers never die; they merely become insurance agents.

Two's company, but three's a GRC!

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Here's an advertisement from a property agency. All price in THB. :wink:

Thanks for the post Pii Chon. I thought one day I will mention this place Huay Yai because been there once and found it to be perfect to set up home as location is very private and yet not far from downtown Pattaya. As all could see here only 4.6mil you get the land and house and pool. Yes its cheaper than in Bangkok but if you know where to find in Bangkok (not downtown of course but the suburbs) its not difficult to find a similar house (minus the pool) like this with similar price except the land is smaller like 180sqm.

Last edited:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Bro, it's the alcohol at work distorting your body clock -after getting plastered afternoon. Here's some boh liao sinkie proverbs (which I kena spammed with just now) to remind you both of home::o

he he he thanks. as for alcohol if drink whole day and night then solve the problem. :p

rotikosong

Alfrescian
Loyal

Joe, Fuji do not serve alcoholic beverages between 2pm to 5 pm right?

I don't think you can buy anything between 2-5pm at public places. I sometimes see a rush at places like Tops Silom just before 2pm - farangs pushing carts with multiple bottles in it. Don't understand the rationale but their country, their rules.

I used to watch a lot of the TV7 lakorns, Pang Ornjira seems to be getting bitchy roles (mistress la, cheating girlfriend la) of late. The nice thing about Thai lakorns is that a) "phoot mai chat" also can understand b) even if you don't watch for a month, you can catch up with the storyline quickly c) the heroes(phra/nang ek) and the bad clearly defined. I guess that's true of soaps anywhere.

Anybody been to Tawandaeng Isaan on Pattanakarn? I've been to the German one on Ram3 (and the other place near Ramintra) a couple of times but went to the Pattanakarn one (there's 2 opposite each other) for the 1st times a few weeks ago. Got a little shock - although I like generally like luk thung - the show seemed like something out of a "bar gay". Mostly pretty boys in makeup dancing and singing. Walked into a couple of them blowdrying their hair for each other pre-show in the mens toilet. Interesting.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I don't think you can buy anything between 2-5pm at public places.
Anybody been to Tawandaeng Isaan on Pattanakarn? I've been to the German one on Ram3 (and the other place near Ramintra) a couple of times but went to the Pattanakarn one.. the show seemed like something out of a "bar gay". Mostly pretty boys in makeup dancing and singing. Walked into a couple of them blowdrying their hair for each other pre-show in the mens toilet. Interesting.
Bewitching hour regulation. But in some local provision shops and even non-7 eleven convenience stores, you can get your alcohol fix (with a smile).

Tawandeng param 3 is better with shows over Raminthra (more spacious though, but far from down town). Thai euphemism, taxis will only know if you say Long Beer German (like Bar Beer for Phuket, Patts). Eeee, Pattanakarn branch scene reminds me of the gay bar stretch near Suriwongse/Patpong with names like Dick Bar etc. Once, I was waiting for my side dish for her hair job there, the he-shes winked at me with his false eyelashes and shiny sprinkling face stuff (all ready to get to work in sequins too!). That's LOS for you, quite accepting LBs as community

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Thanks for the post Pii Chon. I thought one day I will mention this place Huay Yai because been there once and found it to be perfect to set up home as location is very private and yet not far from downtown Pattaya. As all could see here only 4.6mil you get the land and house and pool. Yes its cheaper than in Bangkok but if you know where to find in Bangkok (not downtown of course but the suburbs) its not difficult to find a similar house (minus the pool) like this with similar price except the land is smaller like 180sqm.
Actually, the one posted is one of the humbler units. Will post another one which I call a castle when I pass by the property agency. Price tag? THB 17 million.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I don't think you can buy anything between 2-5pm at public places. I sometimes see a rush at places like Tops Silom just before 2pm - farangs pushing carts with multiple bottles in it. Don't understand the rationale but their country, their rules.

I used to watch a lot of the TV7 lakorns, Pang Ornjira seems to be getting bitchy roles (mistress la, cheating girlfriend la) of late. The nice thing about Thai lakorns is that a) "phoot mai chat" also can understand b) even if you don't watch for a month, you can catch up with the storyline quickly c) the heroes(phra/nang ek) and the bad clearly defined. I guess that's true of soaps anywhere.

OK here's something most don't know. Actually you can buy alcoholic beverages during the restricted hours but the total volume purchased must be 10 Litre or more. If you buy a carton of beers (24 cans), that is only 7.9 Litre. You need to buy 31 cans. If buying whisky (75cl), you need to buy 14 bottles of 75cl whisky.:wink:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Hello rotikosong, the Thai society is very strange as can be seen on TV especially the soap operas. No-kissing scene, block out ciggies, block out alcohol drinks. But then its always full of violent against women, full of rape scene, man-man bare body hugging on bed is acceptable, ugly katoeys on TV especially in variety shows very acceptable. Strange.

Anybody been to Tawandaeng Isaan on Pattanakarn? I've been to the German one on Ram3 (and the other place near Ramintra) a couple of times but went to the Pattanakarn one (there's 2 opposite each other) for the 1st times a few weeks ago. Got a little shock - although I like generally like luk thung - the show seemed like something out of a "bar gay". Mostly pretty boys in makeup dancing and singing. Walked into a couple of them blowdrying their hair for each other pre-show in the mens toilet. Interesting.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Actually, the one posted is one of the humbler units. Will post another one which I call a castle when I pass by the property agency. Price tag? THB 17 million.

I'm actually very excited to start my home building project next year. This year gotto spend time and money on preparation of the land like survey and filling of soil. Also go to finalise the design before the year too. Still no budget yet. Hell got to really think deep on this one because everything is cash no CPF ha ha ha ha.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

start my home building project next year. This year gotto spend time and money on preparation of the land like survey and filling of soil. ..no budget yet. Hell got to really think deep on this one because everything is cash no CPF ha ha ha ha.
We await your palace (with harem?) for house warming. Hell, your concubines wil rak you deep2 na.:p
soap operas. No-kissing scene, block out ciggies, block out alcohol drinks. ...always full of violent against women, full of rape scene, man-man bare body hugging on bed is acceptable, ugly katoeys on TV especially in variety shows very acceptable. Strange.
Irony of LOS. Also can't help notice thai movies too... always triangle (2 ladies 1 man, or reverse). I enjoy thai movies (with text, as all greek to me), even with thai humour but kns chabors prefer western imports. BTS Love Story was good, and liked Chris Hwang in it. Trouble is we only get bxxdy nang nak types here

Hmmm, thb4mil for house is a steal vs pidgeon holes here

Last edited:

rotikosong

Alfrescian
Loyal

No-kissing scene, block out ciggies, block out alcohol drinks. But then its always full of violent against women, full of rape scene, man-man bare body hugging on bed is acceptable, ugly katoeys on TV especially in variety shows very acceptable. Strange.

Oh the ugly katoey is a must for Talok (comedy) acts e.g. the Saranae gang. They are not katoeys, they are a parody. It's almost expected that the comedy lead will at some point get in drag, along with the sounding of gongs/drumroll at every punchline. Talok is the hardest to understand among Thai shows because of all the subtle wordplay.

Speaking about comedy, I caught a showing of the Korean "Cooking Nanta" show a few weeks ago. Not sure if there are still in town but it was highly entertaining. It was at the BigC Auditorium at Ratchaprasong - the great thing (for me, not for them) was there were like maybe 10-15 in the audience total and I got 2nd row center seats. Not so great was that to beat traffic I took the San Saeb water taxi from Ramkhamheang to Pratunam. Now I've taken it many times before but each time, I always wonder it's a miracle I don't fall into the canal when I get off/on.

Somebody asked about Thonglor upthread. I used to live in Thonglor in the mid-nineties - it has changed quite a bit from then. It's very hip now - I liken it to HollandV or Katong - very nice upmarket one-off restaurants, lots of new condos, funky new malls like SeenSpace, a 24-hour Took Lae Dee, chill bars etc. A couple of months back, I ate at Almatum - alfresco dining in the garden on cushions, chill music, Isaan food at an old restored house that looks like something from Katong - very nice. It's like I wasn't even in Bangkok - quiet, no tall buildings.

rotikosong

Alfrescian
Loyal

BTS Love Story was good, and liked Chris Hwang in it. Trouble is we only get bxxdy nang nak types here

You might like Kuan Men Ho (Hello Stranger) if you like romance. It was a big hit I think 2 years back. Just like the Bangkok Love Story, it launched the career of the Nang Ek (Noona) in film.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

You might like Kuan Men Ho (Hello Stranger) if you like romance. It was a big hit I think 2 years back. Just like the Bangkok Love Story, it launched the career of the Nang Ek (Noona) in film.
Yeah, I did that last year in GV Vivio here. Afternoon show, saw puying patrons taking time off from likes of nocturnal GM +555. But bit OTT, how not to know each other names despite being together for days in Korea????

Last edited: