• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand ? Feasible?

Khao Man Gai lunch at Big C food court. This cost THB 30. Not really aroi but enough to last till 6pm. This is 'piset' or special, for 'thammada' or normal, it is THB 25. Go for Piset because if not, walk back to office from food court, hungry again.

Photo0217.jpg

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Dessert is Blue Berry Smoothie from S&P.

Knn, S&P never indicate the price on the menu. Turn out to be THB 105. Can eat 3 plates of Chicken Rice Piset (THB30X3) plus got THB 15 change. :mad:

Photo0219.jpg

Photo0218.jpg

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal

Khao Man Gai lunch at Big C food court. This cost THB 30. Not really aroi but enough to last till 6pm. This is 'piset' or special, for 'thammada' or normal, it is THB 25. Go for Piset because if not, walk back to office from food court, hungry again.

I think it should be "bokatit" for normal; "thamada" is more like "ordinary".

rectmobile

Alfrescian
Loyal

hey guys,

there is a new shopping mall called Terminal 21 at Asoke.. you guys know about it?

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal

hey guys,

there is a new shopping mall called Terminal 21 at Asoke.. you guys know about it?

This one you must ask the Thonglor expert in this forum.

The toilet seats are semi-automatic. Warm water will douse your asshole and a dryer will blow your ass dry.

rectmobile

Alfrescian
Loyal

The toilet seats are semi-automatic. Warm water will douse your asshole and a dryer will blow your ass dry.

I have been there. i am impressed with the toilets there. At Every floor, the toilet has a different theme. impressive. People actually take photos at the outside of the toilet. i never try the toilet seat though..

who is the Thonglor expert?

Last edited:

rectmobile

Alfrescian
Loyal

Sawasdee krup everybody

He he he you damn funny. I'm the minority here la. The believers invited them here they did not crash our party so it's ok. I did not even join as I relax and turn up only during lunch, he he he sounds like I also free loader.

Hey it's been a while I think didn't catch you here. Busy lately?

joe , those freeloader thai botak come for free food again ? :wink:

i believe that the Thais giving free stuffs to the monks is to obtain merit.. A Thai Buddhist cultural concept.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

new shopping mall called Terminal 21 at Asoke.. you guys know about it?
No Thonglor expert, but this flashy new mall smack at Asoke/Suk junction is couple of BTS stations before. Puts the old, nearby small Robinsons to shame. But not done ass jet job yet. Only Thonglor (besides clubs popular with trendy set) I know is the big police station where my ex's late dad was some ranking cop on duty ..but that's another story hehehe. Probably kept me straight and narrow.

And yes, make merit = tambun (as Joetys posted on his staff party do).

Last edited:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

This one must ask the BKK-Pattaya Tag Team.

I'm afraid I've not heard of this mall. However the latest mall is Central Plaza Rama 9. Its right at the junction of Rama 9/Ratchada/Asoke (ok I'll cut the bullshit, its diagonally across Amstadam, now you know?). This is another one by the Central group. Looks pretty good fromt eh outside. I'm not those shopping type so the only mall I really go on a regular basis is Central Lat Phrao.

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal

I'm afraid I've not heard of this mall. However the latest mall is Central Plaza Rama 9. Its right at the junction of Rama 9/Ratchada/Asoke (ok I'll cut the bullshit, its diagonally across Amstadam, now you know?). This is another one by the Central group. Looks pretty good fromt eh outside. I'm not those shopping type so the only mall I really go on a regular basis is Central Lat Phrao.

Yep, it's opposite Fortune Town. Rama 9 MRT is my personal interchange station.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

KYP I think I read somewhere Tonychat lives in Thonlor right or something like that?

Hell I missed my toilets in my Singapore home that has something similar to this by TOTO in all 4 toilets. Will install it in my new home here when I build it.

DSC_5104.jpg

rectmobile

Alfrescian
Loyal

No Thonglor expert, but this flashy new mall smack at Asoke/Suk junction is couple of BTS stations before. Puts the old, nearby small Robinsons to shame. But not done ass jet job yet. Only Thonglor (besides clubs popular with trendy set) I know is the big police station where my ex's late dad was some ranking cop on duty ..but that's another story hehehe. Probably kept me straight and narrow.

And yes, make merit = tambun (as Joetys posted on his staff party do).

i didn't notice any Robinson mall there. Maybe i will take a closer look at that place when i am there again. Maybe you are right, the huge mall really is eye catching. no one pay much to the surroundings around there.

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal

i didn't notice any Robinson mall there. Maybe i will take a closer look at that place when i am there again. Maybe you are right, the huge mall really is eye catching. no one pay much to the surroundings around there.

Terminal 21 is good to look at. I bought my blazer @ Platinum Mall for 680 baht, but Terminal 21 is selling the same on for 1,300 baht.

rectmobile

Alfrescian
Loyal

Terminal 21 is good to look at. I bought my blazer @ Platinum Mall for 680 baht, but Terminal 21 is selling the same on for 1,300 baht.

i mistype, i mean nobody pay much attention to the surroundings area due to the big mall there. Maybe that is why i miss the Robinson mall.

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal

i mistype, i mean nobody pay much attention to the surroundings area due to the big mall there. Maybe that is why i miss the Robinson mall.

You didn't mistype. Indeed Robinson is just next to Terminal 21. It's in the same building as MacDonald's and TOPS Supermarket. It's also next to Westin Hotel.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I think it should be "bokatit" for normal; "thamada" is more like "ordinary".
Yes, use interchangeably. Pokatit is use with 'time' whereas thamada is use more for things.
Pokatit's equivalent is 'Usually' or Normally. Just ask my staff moments ago. :smile: