• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand ? Feasible?

I tried to figure our your posts with pix and finally used photobucket, no problem at all. Used to use paid dropbox, sucks. After using phtobucket for a few days decided to be a paid subscriber and just signed up with them for 2 years (US$39). Thanks buddy.

Oh and I had it installed in my iPhones too.

You're welcome bro.:biggrin: I was not sure whether it help any other members, but I am glad you found it useful.

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yesterday, a friend introduce me this coffee, brand "Aroma". Passed me some to tried out.
Must say, Not Bad! Long time never drink good coffee liaoz. Nice to start the morning with this.

View attachment 3669

Bro, Joe is right. Don't dip that aluminum foil into the coffee especially if the water is hot. And better be sure that the white color on the filter bag is not a result of bleaching. Otherwise, chlorine will be released when the water is hot.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Hi Guys, remember this morning I shared with you about my company's annual Tamboon? Ok here are some pics of what happened throughout the day.

DND1.jpg

9 monks came for prayers

DND2.jpg

After lunch we proceeded to a rented indoor soccer place for games. Guy played soccer while gals played captain's ball. I was surprised to learn we now have 280 staff.

DND3.jpg

While game was on, back in the office people getting ready for dinner

DND4.jpg

We had 37 tables (8 to a table) for everyone and there were lots of things to win from the lucky draws. Top prize was a 50" LCD TV. Then there were like 5 large refrigerators, 10 washing machines, many many other stuff like microwave, hifi etc etc. Unlike most Singapore companies, nothing was donated from suppliers, everything company bought.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I've also edited a series of videos I took from my iPhone its 5mins a little long. Sorry guys I will remove this within 24hrs.

[video=youtube;E89OtAfYDyI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E89OtAfYDyI&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I've also edited a series of videos I took from my iPhone its 5mins a little long. Sorry guys I will remove this within 24hrs.

[video=youtube;E89OtAfYDyI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E89OtAfYDyI&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Wow a luk tung song. I had that particular song in my youtube but it seems to have been deleted. The gal singing it is quite chio.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Hi Guys, remember this morning I shared with you about my company's annual Tamboon? Ok here are some pics of what happened throughout the day.

DND1.jpg

9 monks came for prayers

DND2.jpg

After lunch we proceeded to a rented indoor soccer place for games. Guy played soccer while gals played captain's ball. I was surprised to learn we now have 280 staff.

DND3.jpg

While game was on, back in the office people getting ready for dinner

DND4.jpg

We had 37 tables (8 to a table) for everyone and there were lots of things to win from the lucky draws. Top prize was a 50" LCD TV. Then there were like 5 large refrigerators, 10 washing machines, many many other stuff like microwave, hifi etc etc. Unlike most Singapore companies, nothing was donated from suppliers, everything company bought.

joe , those freeloader thai botak come for free food again ? :wink:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Pii why have aluminium foil tab inside your coffee?

How does it taste? Bor-lan style or modern style?

Bro, Joe is right. Don't dip that aluminum foil into the coffee especially if the water is hot. And better be sure that the white color on the filter bag is not a result of bleaching. Otherwise, chlorine will be released when the water is hot.
The thin aluminium foil is for "fishing" just like lipton teabag. Taste wise, much better than nescafe or any other instant coffee. It's more like our SG version of Kopi-O kosong coffee bags.

Oops! I actually use boiling water to brew the coffee bag. Think cannot remove the aluminium foil without breaking the coffee bag.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Usually, don't go to office unless there's something that need my attention but today (Sunday) have to work as short of staff.:(

Another 8 hours to go. Office close at 6pm.

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal

The thin aluminium foil is for "fishing" just like lipton teabag. Taste wise, much better than nescafe or any other instant coffee. It's more like our SG version of Kopi-O kosong coffee bags.

Oops! I actually use boiling water to brew the coffee bag. Think cannot remove the aluminium foil without breaking the coffee bag.

I know the aluminum foil is for 'fishing', but you must not allow it to dip into hot water. It will change the taste of the coffee. You can 'juggle' the coffee bag with the aluminum foil, and once the water is dark enough you should remove the entire bag before you drink. It's not right to drink with the bag still dipped in the water.

BTW, received your attachment with thanks. But I catch no ball the meaning of the Thai words in the last 3 columns.

Does it mean "follow price per 100" ? And underneath it says 40, it means 40 x 100 ? So it's 4 baht per 4,000 kg ?

And then on the far left is says 000/KGM ? How to reconcile the two ?

And does the tariff differ according to the exporting country ?

Last edited:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Sawasdee krup everybody

joe , those freeloader thai botak come for free food again ? :wink:

He he he you damn funny. I'm the minority here la. The believers invited them here they did not crash our party so it's ok. I did not even join as I relax and turn up only during lunch, he he he sounds like I also free loader.

Hey it's been a while I think didn't catch you here. Busy lately?

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I know the aluminum foil is for 'fishing', but you must not allow it to dip into hot water. It will change the taste of the coffee. You can 'juggle' the coffee bag with the aluminum foil, and once the water is dark enough you should remove the entire bag before you drink. It's not right to drink with the bag still dipped in the water.

BTW, received your attachment with thanks. But I catch no ball the meaning of the Thai words in the last 3 columns.

Does it mean "follow price per 100" ? And underneath it says 40, it means 40 x 100 ? So it's 4 baht per 4,000 kg ?

And then on the far left is says 000/KGM ? How to reconcile the two ?

And does the tariff differ according to the exporting country ?
I see you already read the Thai words.:smile: My understanding also same as yours.

Will make a call tomorrow to my ex-colleague.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Joetys, looks like quite a company do (lucky draw self financing too). Your bit on 280 staff reminds me of a reknown CEO replying to question as to how many staff works for him: Only half, rest goofing away at water cooler +555
..unless there's something that need my attention but today (Sunday) have to work as short of staff.:(Another 8 hours to go
Your 1 office gal got my attention last week, got a whiff of her hom nam when I went in loo after her +555. Go skive to your fave fish ball noodles fix

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Joetys, looks like quite a company do (lucky draw self financing too). Your bit on 280 staff reminds me of a reknown CEO replying to question as to how many staff works for him: Only half, rest goofing away at water cooler +555

Your 1 office gal got my attention last week, got a whiff of her hom nam when I went in loo after her +555. Go skive to your fave fish ball noodles fix
I know which one. She's not in today. :( She's is a good staff as she take cares of the office when the boss go to 'eating snake' 40 km away.:p
No 40 km fishball noodle for me today.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Just saw this article. Ex-NASA scientist recommend LOS capital to be relocated to Issan! Ho say liaoz! Baan Nork party every day liaoz!

Capital should be moved to Northeast, top scientist says

The Nation on Sunday February 5, 2012 1:00 am
Dr Art-Ong Jumsai na Ayudhya, a former scientist at the US National Aeronautics and Space Administration (Nasa), has called for the relocation of Thailand's capital to the Northeast.

Speaking at a seminar on climate change, natural disasters, and the future of Thailand, Art-ong said Bangkok is sinking every year because of the rising sea level.

Citing the rising amount of rainfall and the rising dam water level in 2010 and 2011, he said the trend will worsen in 2012 and in coming years, so authorities have to increase efficiency in draining the excess water into the sea.

Regarding the capital, he said, far-sighted leaders should consider relocating out of Bangkok, which has been the country's capital for more than 200 years, to a higher ground such as one of the 16 northeastern provinces.

Relocation of the capital will take at least 20 years and a brand-new capital should be built as Bangkok will face difficulties in managing excess water in the next seven or eight years.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

knn this guy name "na Ayudhya" is royalty just like you "na Chonburi". Talk cock move capital my land purchase to build my house siao-liao.

Just saw this article. Ex-NASA scientist recommend LOS capital to be relocated to Issan! Ho say liaoz! Baan Nork party every day liaoz!

Capital should be moved to Northeast, top scientist says

The Nation on Sunday February 5, 2012 1:00 am
Dr Art-Ong Jumsai na Ayudhya, a former scientist at the US National Aeronautics and Space Administration (Nasa), has called for the relocation of Thailand's capital to the Northeast.

Speaking at a seminar on climate change, natural disasters, and the future of Thailand, Art-ong said Bangkok is sinking every year because of the rising sea level.

Citing the rising amount of rainfall and the rising dam water level in 2010 and 2011, he said the trend will worsen in 2012 and in coming years, so authorities have to increase efficiency in draining the excess water into the sea.

Regarding the capital, he said, far-sighted leaders should consider relocating out of Bangkok, which has been the country's capital for more than 200 years, to a higher ground such as one of the 16 northeastern provinces.

Relocation of the capital will take at least 20 years and a brand-new capital should be built as Bangkok will face difficulties in managing excess water in the next seven or eight years.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

I know which one. She's not in today. :( She's is a good staff as she take cares of the office when the boss go to 'eating snake' 40 km away.:p
No 40 km fishball noodle for me today.

What a bad staff you have. She should be taking care of boss 40km away together.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

What a bad staff you have. She should be taking care of boss 40km away together.
Cannot leh. 40 km got other attractions for poo chais only.

wah piangz. another 5.5 hrs to go. sianz.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Happy Sunday. Very tired liao now leaving for my 3hrs session now

Nuat2.png

Nuat1.jpg