• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
And you had better keep your eyes on the vehicles around you, at least during the next few days. Refrain from posting while driving.

The pics of your moo baan reminds me of Yasathon *sigh*

Ok I will not post when driving yes gotto watch the drivers around me. The pics is not my moo baan la, hazard invited me there with her friends too. My moobaan in Ramintra, :biggrin:.

I use to know a Khun New from Yasothon, one of the most beautiful creature ever created. Sigh for me too. After graduating from Ramkhamhaeng University she returned to Yasothorn last year. Sign again.

Japanese sake, I'm sure you know, is served at varying temperatures, depending on the brewer's recommendation. Some at room temp, some chilled, some heated.

I've never had "satho" but I've had the northern version - sounds similar, very sweet and very drinkable. Mao very fast because you lose track of what you drank. Not like lao khao (rice liquor) which is harsher and sometimes comes with all sorts of strange additions (scorpion/snake/centipedes etc) floating in it.

Hey if next time you have chance to take photo of those newer design house with the "crawl" please show can? Interested leh. Yes satho can be a killer because its sweet and easy

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
knn arrive at Khon Kaen airport at 11.45am for my 1.15pm flight and told flight 1hr delay. Got to change my massage appointment in Bangkok now and also delay Songkran party at Chokchai-4.

rotikosong

Alfrescian
Loyal
RTKS, I believe the strange additions version is call "Ya Don". You can see many of these outlets/kiosk in Sin City. Usually the customers are blue collar workers and occasionally, the Russians. Also, notice most will go with Red Bull or M150.

You and joetys are the main reasons I hang out here (and only here). Both of you everything about Mueng Thai also know. I'm sure all of us envy the both of you - life very sabai sabai na. Ever think about going home when the party ends? Will the party end? Thailand, like every place else, must have its good and bad.

For me, maybe it's the language. I speak pasar (not phasa) Thai but after a month of speaking nothing but Thai, somehow, my mind rebels and after thai, everything is stuck.

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
is hazard a forummer here? Doesn't seem like it.

This is Hazard:

draft_lens10024191module90361291photo_1298592121Old_Flame.jpg

rotikosong

Alfrescian
Loyal
After graduating from Ramkhamhaeng University she returned to Yasothorn last year. Sign again.

Hey if next time you have chance to take photo of those newer design house with the "crawl" please show can? Interested leh. Yes satho can be a killer because its sweet and easy

I take photo maybe June OK. Maybe in Mae Sai, although some places in Mae Sai I cannot go because I got "history" :biggrin:

I tell you, Ramkhamheang U and ABAC (next door) are God's gift to men. I can't tell you how many times I've been to The Mall Ram 1, 2, 3 (is there a 4?) and had to pick my jaw off the ground. I must learn how to "thao sek" (canto: steal eat) from you one day.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
You and joetys are the main reasons I hang out here (and only here). Both of you everything about Mueng Thai also know. I'm sure all of us envy the both of you - life very sabai sabai na. Ever think about going home when the party ends? Will the party end? Thailand, like every place else, must have its good and bad.

For me, maybe it's the language. I speak pasar (not phasa) Thai but after a month of speaking nothing but Thai, somehow, my mind rebels and after thai, everything is stuck.

Rotikosong you don't kay-kay here, you are the Northern Thailand sexpert oh sorry sorry the satho again I mean expert. I only Bangkok and Isaan, Pii Chon is Chonburi and central Thailand obviously.

This Chokchai is the steak place? If so (they have a couple of places) - steak is nice and reasonable

Oh I don't mean Chokchai Steakhouse and Chokchai Farm. ChokChai-4 is the name of a road that connects Kaset/Nawamin and Lat Phrao Road. For years the hottest place for Songkran celebration is Kao San but I heard this year its Silom. ChokChai-4 has traditionally been a hot place too but more local, Kao San and Silom mostly farang.

rotikosong

Alfrescian
Loyal
One of the most dangerous thing during Songkran is when riding a bike and entering into a water-gun zone. Strangers, usually tourists will fire their water guns and motorcyclist. Last night, I kena twice and almost lose balance of my bike when I tried to 'siam' the 'friendly water'.

Don't siam and you'll be ok. Slow down, let them hit you. The tourists though sometimes got no IQ - want to len naam ok, don't lah shoot the face.

BKK and Pattaya use lots of cold water with ice. Powder duey. You almost never see powder or ice up north. Ice expensive. Powder expensive. People kee niao.
When you kena hit by water up north, the water is never clean water like in BKK - they fill up their war drums from the river or from the drains. That's why I never go out - not scared kena wet but scared kena some flesh-eating virus.

The best part of Songkran is to watch fights when teenagers mao - better if 2 saos fight :biggrin:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Already settle the details but will be expecting repayments over 6 installments (6 harvest) which I agreed. Not what I expected but better than nothing.

wah score ah. Got gang settlement talks or not? Surin where tony ja was born from and i hear a place where many famous muay thai fighters come from. Buakaw from k1 is also from surin.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I take photo maybe June OK. Maybe in Mae Sai, although some places in Mae Sai I cannot go because I got "history" :biggrin:

I tell you, Ramkhamheang U and ABAC (next door) are God's gift to men. I can't tell you how many times I've been to The Mall Ram 1, 2, 3 (is there a 4?) and had to pick my jaw off the ground. I must learn how to "thao sek" (canto: steal eat) from you one day.

he he he you got history in Mae Sai, I also make history in Ramkhamhaeng and continue to do so. You are absolutely right.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Surely you must have see her photos and there was one just yesterday #3703 and a few more in the recent past. KYP seems to be familiar.

3703 is the one eating at the restaurant and i see one gal with a white shirt back facing the camera so that must be her.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

RTKS, Hehehe. LOS is really big and to be frank, there are still lots of places/culture I have not explore. Hopefully, I can do that soon.

Think it's the LOS/Sin City lifestyle that attracts me most. As for the future, I don't want to think too much and will just accept it as it comes.

Market talk (Pasa Talart) is the best way to survive in LOS. My Pasa Thai is also half past six but enough to enjoy my stay here.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro, with Thais, especially when it concerns money, everything must be in black and white.
Umm.. something a little difficult to black and white in everything. One of the problem with this JV is because I insisted too many things to be in B/W which strained the relationship. Our previous JVs in Rayong and Prachinburi is purely based in trust and that have brought us good profits.

But I do agree if the B/W exist from day 1, things will turn out differently. Anyway, I am still looking for potential farming plots and might need him in the future.