• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ok guys, to be frank. Today and possibly tomorrow, i am free and available again. :biggrin:

Knn, its hard to be a good man in sin city, think i need to go walking street liaoz.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why so many things also remind you of me? Hope you didn't get Ramsethanesia like many others got. Please, go get some girlfriends.

When I horny I won't think of you, dun worry, maybe world cup or something, but I prefer up that kotek on the butt :eek::biggrin:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ok guys, time to go walking street lioaz, already plan liao, that's why tonight ride this
32175253.jpg

And also no mata tonight.

ArjanParangToh

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You know the rule, 200B fine for not wearing helmet. Thereafter free to ride helmetless for next 24hrs. Road block, show them the "receipt" and you can hit the raod again.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Jah, think this Sae Joetys mao mal laew. It should be less than an hour.

Ram, you will be glad to know there are still Gai Baan in upcountry, especially gai yang (bbq) or gai aorb (baked chicken). But don't think you will get much gai baan lobang in BKK. Issan is the home of best Gai Yang.

Pii Chon I so easily mao? Its not like we've not drank together before. Best gai yang in Thailand is of course Kao Suan Kwang Gai Yang. Kao Suan Kwang is not far from where I am now. Its an amphore of Khon Kaen after Namphong which is after Meang Khon Kaen. Best gai yang, In Bangkok many copycat and call themselves Kao Suan Kwang Gai Yang so far none I tasted is even close.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
bro the only people i will meet from the internet are women.....why bother to meet fellow guys? i wont want to cheong with strangers.
like ALMK said, SBF many big cannon fairies.....

Pii NW I agree la meet charbor is better. However if you do come Siam ok we no need to go cheong together but come for drinks la. I assure you Chon whom I met and even myself we wont make you feel strangers la.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
my favorite cocktail joint. Yes, a bucket of long island tea.
BigC, I recall right? Too near for comfort to rub down joint +555:p But good for watching world go by, nicotine fix.

No need to try too hard to behave in Sin City. Enjoy your freedom visa as good as it lasts. How's WS tonight, packed to rafters? A pal also recommends other bar called Ginovy's (or close to your mention).

Last edited:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When I horny I won't think of you, dun worry, maybe world cup or something, but I prefer up that kotek on the butt :eek::biggrin:

World Cup 2 years later. Now worry about Euro first. Don't get yourself banned again. :biggrin:

You know the rule, 200B fine for not wearing helmet. Thereafter free to ride helmetless for next 24hrs. Road block, show them the "receipt" and you can hit the raod again.

Motorbike taxi pillion passengers don't need to wear helmets.

Pii Chon I so easily mao? Its not like we've not drank together before. Best gai yang in Thailand is of course Kao Suan Kwang Gai Yang. Kao Suan Kwang is not far from where I am now. Its an amphore of Khon Kaen after Namphong which is after Meang Khon Kaen. Best gai yang, In Bangkok many copycat and call themselves Kao Suan Kwang Gai Yang so far none I tasted is even close.

The best lao Thai is at a lane end coffeeshop at Channivet, Hatyai. Guarantee mao. :eek:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
This is a very good thread. So how many of you guys in LOS now. Happy new year to all. Arjan me missed issan food.

Arjan sawasdee krup, Songkran chodee pii, this is joe reporting from Isaan, Changwat Khon Kaen, Amphoe Ubolratana, Tambon (cannot say) . . . .

Talking about food, share with you our dinner tonight, simple and delicious. We had Miang Pra

PhotoApr1474857PM.jpg

Consist of - Pra Nin , Vegetables , Sauce , Bee Hoon

PhotoApr1474917PM.jpg

You spread a leaf of lettuce or cabbage, put some sen-mee (bee hoon) on it, pinch some fish meat and put on top of the sen-mee then garnish some more vege depending on what you like and then some of the special sauce made with duck eggs , fold it and eat it. Can be quite full after a few of this but its very healthy food.

PhotoApr1474932PM.jpg

See different types of fresh vege from the garden outside

PhotoApr1474944PM.jpg

This is pra nin (tilapia)

Hope you like it Arjan. Oh I forgot also with lots of satho during food but now drinking Hennessy,

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Looks good man, yum yum

Not just the food budy, its the environment, baanok mak mak, we eating on floor if you notice. The people, the music, the simplicity, the purity all these combined becomes very intoxicating. Feeling cannot describe. This is why I will do this a few times a year, may not be here but the idea is the same.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Due to Thai & Indo food, I learnt how to eat raw vege such as long bean, petai, cabbage etc etc. Normally my SG friends will shun it like a plague, cant convince them to eat a single bite, very pampered lah they all....

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The fish looks the best, available in a GM ground floor stall too, but be prepared to pay S$20 for something like that.

One thing about Thai diet is a lot of veggies. Guess that how most of them keep so slim and fit compared to Malays and Indians.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
The fish looks the best, available in a GM ground floor stall too, but be prepared to pay S$20 for something like that.

One thing about Thai diet is a lot of veggies. Guess that how most of them keep so slim and fit compared to Malays and Indians.

Pla Nin average price is 60 baht/kg sometimes 80 baht/kg but very rare. Each fish is about a kilo not more. This is a very meaty fish but not nutritious as its just meat and meat little or no good omega oil.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Lights out now guys. Goodnight.

Villagers sleep very early, in fact this is already very late.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Pla Nin average price is 60 baht/kg sometimes 80 baht/kg but very rare. Each fish is about a kilo not more. This is a very meaty fish but not nutritious as its just meat and meat little or no good omega oil.

Yeah, it's very meaty. Thais would pluck the meat and wrap it with veggie to eat. Who cares about omega oil? :biggrin: