• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Bo Bian lah. Some time very lazy to ride or drive. Just walk over 2 mins walk and can have food any time of the day liaoz. Nguan Soon pepper is good. You buy the seed form or powder form? Quite 'seong' to grind seed form.

Buy both powder and seed use both la. Pig stomach soup with ka-pok-pla must use crushed seeds.

Hehehe. How's your Nasi Pandang?

Opposite hotel has nasi padang name Garuda, had lunch there. Just got back to hotel Japs brought us to teochew restaurant quite good actually.

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
A very good place to eat this is Somboon Seafood restaurant in Bangkok. http://www.somboonseafood.com/branches.html

One is on Ratchada Road just after Emmanuelle you should know where.

Just say I know, don't say I "should" know lah.

Last time when I was a tourist, Somboon was considered cheap and reasonable. Now old bird in Bangkok, can longer afford luxury such as Somboon. I will find out the names of the different dishes and get the restaurant in my condo to cook.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Just say I know, don't say I "should" know lah.

Last time when I was a tourist, Somboon was considered cheap and reasonable. Now old bird in Bangkok, can longer afford luxury such as Somboon. I will find out the names of the different dishes and get the restaurant in my condo to cook.

You are throwing a party getting Somboon to cook in your condo? Wow. Yes I believe they do catering.

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are throwing a party getting Somboon to cook in your condo? Wow. Yes I believe they do catering.

Sorry. Typo error. Should be "can no longer afford luxury..."

I mean I will get the restaurant located in my condo to cook the dishes, at a fraction of Somboon's price. The standard is just as good. But shark fins, must still go Somboon...hehe.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Re: Chinese Words become Box

It's @ the bottom, 3rd from the right. It's B23,900. Looks like the price is controlled by Verasu, the sole agent in Thailand.

Bro Joe, it's not expensive lah. It's a home use model. I'm doing my little research on this one now:

gaggia-achille.jpg

Hey if you finish your research and confirm this one is good please tell me I will go buy one and have nice coffee every morning and after dinner. Currently my coffee consist of two-in-on black coffee from Singapore what Thais will call borlan-cafe. I like this but also like starbucks coffee.

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hey if you finish your research and confirm this one is good please tell me I will go buy one and have nice coffee every morning and after dinner. Currently my coffee consist of two-in-on black coffee from Singapore what Thais will call borlan-cafe. I like this but also like starbucks coffee.

Two in One as in black coffee plus sugar ?

I thought you NO drink coffee one ?

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Sorry. Typo error. Should be "can no longer afford luxury..."

I mean I will get the restaurant located in my condo to cook the dishes, at a fraction of Somboon's price. The standard is just as good. But shark fins, must still go Somboon...hehe.

Sharks fins go to Yaowarat la pii remember 2 weeks ago I had sharks fins soup with hazard at Scala restaurant.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Two in One as in black coffee plus sugar ?

I thought you NO drink coffee one ?

I drink but not crazy. So if I buy machine I need to buy good seeds too. Doitung comes to mind in Thailand. Any way I will need help in this area if not giving myself a good machine is like giving diamond to a monkey.

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal

I drink but not crazy. So if I buy machine I need to buy good seeds too. Doitung comes to mind in Thailand. Any way I will need help in this area if not giving myself a good machine is like giving diamond to a monkey.

Jai Yen Yen ... you found the right person :p

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
NW, so near... very neighbourly leh (only after sunset). Last time was I was there in Dec 2010. Puyings look good, got parade along staircase 1.:p For fat wallets 1, takeaway not assured (but I'm sure you know latter).
Found a Kuay Tiow Look Chin Pla/Pla Giow stall along Sukumvit Road (Sin City). This stall open from 5pm to midnight. Must say can fight the one 40 kms away. :smile:

08036d08.jpg

781e0fd1.jpg

Many sao saos goes there for supper or breakfast. Will post pics of food later.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Here's breakfast for today. Luad Moo (Zha Zha Tang) at Khun Sri. There are 3 branches in Sin City. This one is along Sukumvit Road (Sin City) after Bangkok Pattaya Hospital, just in front of Shell Petrol Station.

9213f31b.jpg

4dec4332.jpg

968ec1b6.jpg

Closeup.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

It's @ the bottom, 3rd from the right. It's B23,900. Looks like the price is controlled by Verasu, the sole agent in Thailand.

Bro Joe, it's not expensive lah. It's a home use model. I'm doing my little research on this one now:
Add another THB 2K can get Synchrony Logic (automatic) which is THB 25.9K. Isn't that more worth it? This model worth buying?

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal

Add another THB 2K can get Synchrony Logic (automatic) which is THB 25.9K. Isn't that more worth it? This model worth buying?

Problem with automatic - they're known as Super Auto or Fully Auto (because the one that comes with a handle is known as a semi-auto) - เสียง่าย. Besides, I'm not impressed with plastic casing.

See some of the reviews on the model you mentioned:
Pros: It was good while it lasted - not long!
Cons: It broke down (fair enough) paid $300 to repair it, broke down a second time not long after repaired and im not willing to take my chances with it. IN THE BIN IT GOES!!!
Overall: Do not buy this machine. My friends also bought this (4 of us) and we all have problems with it. We wont be buying a Gaggia again.
Was this review helpful? 122014Yes
Write a Comment
Report Abuse
- Terrible
Posted on Nov 14, 2009
SLittle
Reviews: 1
Joined Nov 14, 2009
Pros: for the first 14 months it was great, but when it broke it was and is a dissaster.
Cons: Hard to clean and bulky. When it broke down we took it to the local repairer for a quote, $100, lasted 4 wks, again $100 didn't work once so were told buy a new machine, or pay for a new computer board and see if that works. NO WAY. CHUCK IT OUT.

Overall: BUYER BEWARE. If your machine dies after waranty, even if it is only just out, you are on your own. We even wonder if the "authorised" repairer Knew what a Gaggia machine was. Looking at buying another machine but will stay well clear of Gaggia and will never recomend them, not even to our worst enemy. No one deserves that. I just wish I could give an overall rating in the minus, mayby minus 100.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
NW, so near... very neighbourly leh (only after sunset). Last time was I was there in Dec 2010. Puyings look good, got parade along staircase 1.:p For fat wallets 1, takeaway not assured (but I'm sure you know latter).
No takaway then dine-in.....can do in the toilets machiam sinkie KTV's 'go garden' :biggrin:

I always take the big room at the top of the stairs, privacy and exclusivity and viewing 'parade' on the way up.....not as expensive as some of the other never joints and definitely cheaper and more value for money than a night out in sinkieland nightclubs.
Sadly not been there in 6 months.....another 3 months if no progress i will start distributing my bottles of liquor liao :(

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Problem with automatic - they're known as Super Auto or Fully Auto (because the one that comes with a handle is known as a semi-auto) - เสียง่าย. Besides, I'm not impressed with plastic casing.

See some of the reviews on the model you mentioned:
Pros: It was good while it lasted - not long!
Cons: It broke down (fair enough) paid $300 to repair it, broke down a second time not long after repaired and im not willing to take my chances with it. IN THE BIN IT GOES!!!
Overall: Do not buy this machine. My friends also bought this (4 of us) and we all have problems with it. We wont be buying a Gaggia again.
Was this review helpful? 122014Yes
Write a Comment
Report Abuse
- Terrible
Posted on Nov 14, 2009
SLittle
Reviews: 1
Joined Nov 14, 2009
Pros: for the first 14 months it was great, but when it broke it was and is a dissaster.
Cons: Hard to clean and bulky. When it broke down we took it to the local repairer for a quote, $100, lasted 4 wks, again $100 didn't work once so were told buy a new machine, or pay for a new computer board and see if that works. NO WAY. CHUCK IT OUT.

Overall: BUYER BEWARE. If your machine dies after waranty, even if it is only just out, you are on your own. We even wonder if the "authorised" repairer Knew what a Gaggia machine was. Looking at buying another machine but will stay well clear of Gaggia and will never recomend them, not even to our worst enemy. No one deserves that. I just wish I could give an overall rating in the minus, mayby minus 100.

Would like to get one to practise at home, then in office. Pai Say if everyone vomit after drinking my kopi. Is the twin baby a good one for beginner like me who only know how to drink only.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No takaway then dine-in.....can do in the toilets machiam sinkie KTV's 'go garden' :biggrin:

I always take the big room at the top of the stairs, privacy and exclusivity and viewing 'parade' on the way up.....not as expensive as some of the other never joints and definitely cheaper and more value for money than a night out in sinkieland nightclubs.
Sadly not been there in 6 months.....another 3 months if no progress i will start distributing my bottles of liquor liao :(
Boat arrive at bridge heat automatically straight. :smile:
Still have stock there? You must be one of those one time open 10 bottles type. Chivas or Johnny :wink: