• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Chinese Words become Box

Would like to get one to practise at home, then in office. Pai Say if everyone vomit after drinking my kopi. Is the twin baby a good one for beginner like me who only know how to drink only.

If you're getting super/fully automatic, there is no need to practise.

If you're getting a semi-automatic as in the Baby Twin, it's considered an entry level machine. The only thing you need to practise is frothing milk with the wand. The Baby Twin claims to have two boilers (actually they're not boilers in the sense of a cylindrical water tank, but thermo block where small amount of water is "pulsed" through a narrow passage wrapped around by a heating element - either aluminum or brass).

The problem with thermo block mechanism is it's hard to control the water temperature. If you have been using instant water heater for showers, you know what I mean. Sometimes the water is hot, sometimes it's not. The temperature is not consistent. And if you're steaming milk, you need to bring up the temperature of the water really fast, and consistency of temperature throughout is important.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

If you're getting super/fully automatic, there is no need to practise.

If you're getting a semi-automatic as in the Baby Twin, it's considered an entry level machine. The only thing you need to practise is frothing milk with the wand. The Baby Twin claims to have two boilers (actually they're not boilers in the sense of a cylindrical water tank, but thermo block where small amount of water is "pulsed" through a narrow passage wrapped around by a heating element - either aluminum or brass).

The problem with thermo block mechanism is it's hard to control the water temperature. If you have been using instant water heater for showers, you know what I mean. Sometimes the water is hot, sometimes it's not. The temperature is not consistent. And if you're steaming milk, you need to bring up the temperature of the water really fast, and consistency of temperature throughout is important.
If I don't use milk for my kopi, then no need to practise right? :biggrin:

By right, the automatic ones will be good for my office, but after hearing the maintenance involved, I think better get the manual ones.

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal

By right, the automatic ones will be good for my office, but after hearing the maintenance involved, I think better get the manual ones.

Yes, if you're not frothing milk, there is no practice involved. Just a matter of getting to know how to fiddle with a new machine, auto or semi. But your farang friends will enjoy frothing milk. Imagine having cappucino or latte at work ?

Having said that, the ability of the machine, auto or semi, to produce hot water at short notice is still very important. The temperature of the water will affect the taste of your coffee.

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I kept seeing my reputation points shooting up lately. Is there anyway I can check to see who gave points to me ? I checked my profile but there was nothing that I could trace.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I kept seeing my reputation points shooting up lately. Is there anyway I can check to see who gave points to me ? I checked my profile but there was nothing that I could trace.
Cant, unless the leave their nick behind, just click settings on the top right, you should be able to see red and green dots, red ones is zapping you, green ones added your points

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Boat arrive at bridge heat automatically straight. :smile:
Still have stock there? You must be one of those one time open 10 bottles type. Chivas or Johnny :wink:
Think it's membership thingy 'bundled' with x btls (depending on promo booze vendor). Cheaper than ad hoc btl purchase and think got some % off LDs too. NW, sure got takers 1, for your leftovers

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Like to share an incident with some of my LOS kakis in this forum...:smile:

I was browsing magazine @ 7 Eleven and suddenly Bayi approached me and commented on my looks. He pointed to a certain feature on my face and claimed I "duang" very the "dee". I was thinking, KNN, so difficult to make money these days, still "duang dee" ? He claimed to be an Ajarn, and showed me his "pass".

Then came the million-dollar question. He said I had something on my shoulder, and he could see very clearly. He asked me to "bhloy plaa, bhloy nok.." and my life would be even better. I told him "duang dee", but I "mai mee tang loei" ? He asked me what I do for a living. He said "got money come in, difficult to keep". In my mind I was thinking "it's the way round" because I'm a very thrifty person - eat little, spend little. I always go for "value for money" stuff.

Then I told him : "But I mai mee faen loei.."

Then he said my previous life I "tam barb"..."tam hai puying sia jai mak mak"

So I asked him: "Then what must I do to help the puying "khng sawan" ?"

So he asked me for my 生辰八字。I say "fcuk off!"

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Alamaking, this one you want to marry her or not ?

p496062427.jpg

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So I asked him: "Then what must I do to help the puying "khng sawan" ?"
So he asked me for my 生辰八字。I say "fcuk off!"
KYP, could have been worse ..if that turban guy gets away with other tricks:p

Excuse my ignorance, what's 'king sawan' puying?:confused:

PS: Raised you some so you get idea where your pts coming in

Last edited:

rotikosong

Alfrescian
Loyal

If this is for the office, why not consider one of the single-serve, auto brewing machines like Keurig, Tassimo, Nespresso, Senseo etc? My office in Bangkok has a couple of Keurigs - so they must be available in Thailand.

The coffee beans come in a sealed plastic cup. You pop-in a cup into the machine and it brew a single-serve fresh for you. The range of beans/roasts are amazing - in my office alone, I counted more than 20 available, and they rotate the flavors monthly.

An espresso machine isn't the only way to brew a cup. I find that good fresh whole beans and grinding them just before brewing to be more important that the method of brewing.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Cant, unless the leave their nick behind, just click settings on the top right, you should be able to see red and green dots, red ones is zapping you, green ones added your points

Usually when ppl want to exchange pts with you they up your rep with their nick left behind. Most of the time when they zap someone nobody leaves a nick.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Been having meetings since morning so no time to post. Get back tonight.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Think it's membership thingy 'bundled' with x btls (depending on promo booze vendor). Cheaper than ad hoc btl purchase and think got some % off LDs too. NW, sure got takers 1, for your leftovers
Yes, usually the bottles will finish quite fast. Think if goes twice a week and reasonable drinking speed, 1 month can finish 10 bottles. Some sao saos are very good drinker.