• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Chinese Words become Box

Ok no problem. I will visit homework first as they sell gaggia. aroma have to visit pattaya central big c. Think will drop by tomorrow as long time never eat my favorite kanom jeen there.

Btw, the rental of openair space for the cocktail car at centre festival is thb 30k per mth with 3 year contract.

...10x mak mak.

btw, @ 30K per month, is it more expensive than a shop in a building visible from the main road ?

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Yes, it is. but they have a bigger floor area (can put more table) and directly in front of main road.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
This is Baked Tang Hoon with River Prawn. It's call Goong Aorb Woon Sen or it's it's crab, it will be Plu Aorb Woon Sen. My favorite one is at Kho Samet but no way it's 3 hour drive and 45 minutes boat.

A very good place to eat this is Somboon Seafood restaurant in Bangkok. http://www.somboonseafood.com/branches.html

One is on Ratchada Road just after Emmanuelle you should know where.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
For the Pattaya branch, the American breakfast is serve all day at THB 62 but during the early hours or happy hours, it is THB 51. :smile: There are no minimum order value in the Pattaya branch. I have ordered 4 piece of bread and butter before and the bill is THB 40.*

Other time, I willl just order the Pad Ka Pao Moo Sap with egg (Basil Leaves with minced pork and egg) and the bill is THB 77. As for drinks, I just walk into the supermarket to buy a can of beer and they allow it provided I am not drinking Heineken or Singha as Took Lae Dee sell these beers in their menu.

Hehehe. Me a little crazy on peppers. Even the roti prata (or roti) must eat with pepper. :smile:

Pad KaPao MooSap with egg if eat at road side cost only 30-35 baht, Foodland is expensive compared to roadside stores but I still go there very often to eat and shop as its convenient. The staff are very friendly and helpful too always pushing your cart to your car. Also you find many imported stuff there like canned food and meat from Australia, NZ, USA etc.

I am a sucker for pepper too and I always put a lot in my noddle soup, porridge and boiled rice instead of the dried chilli Thais love to use. You must buy this brand. The main shop is in Chinatown but its available in almost every supermarket. Best taste and smell. I usually buy in weight and bring back to Singapore for family. They love it.

1307455106433.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Somboon is just across the road from my house.
The locals I bring there always tell me it's overrated though I find the food standard is good.
I notice they have many Thai chinese customers.

WHAT??? Your house in Caesars? Wow you phu-yai ah Pii Narong? wahahahaha

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
My homeground cum playground is actually next door to Somboon....Claudia.
My apartment is across the road.

Claudia I know but not been there yet. Love this Huay Kwang area, used to spend many late nights makan at Huay Kwang night market, many interesting people to see past midnight. I bet you also like me spent many late nights in this talat.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Claudia I know but not been there yet. Love this Huay Kwang area, used to spend many late nights makan at Huay Kwang night market, many interesting people to see past midnight. I bet you also like me spent many late nights in this talat.
Yes last time always stay at the hotels along ratchada stretch....waited for close to 3 years for my current place to finish building.
Wanted to buy another unit in a development across the road to collect rental.
But alas thing did not go as smoothly....

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Yes last time always stay at the hotels along ratchada stretch....waited for close to 3 years for my current place to finish building.
Wanted to buy another unit in a development across the road to collect rental.
But alas thing did not go as smoothly....

Live to fight another day Pii Narong.

Anyway now lots of new condos along Ratchada also think of buying to rent out.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Bro Chon, if you're free please drop by that Aroma shop that sells coffee machines and check the price of this machine for me:
It's called Gaggia 12500 Baby-Twin.

Khob Khun khrab !
Went to homework earlier and staff is blurr when I show them the pic of the model you want. They give me a brochure instead. Seems that all the GAGGIA models comes with name rather than number.

e255ec8e.jpg

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A very good place to eat this is Somboon Seafood restaurant in Bangkok. http://www.somboonseafood.com/branches.html

One is on Ratchada Road just after Emmanuelle you should know where.

My homeground cum playground is actually next door to Somboon....Claudia.
My apartment is across the road.
Yes, I know Somboon. They are one of the few that refuse to accept credit cards.

NW, used to go Claudia quite often when I was in BKK. Have not been there for a long time.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Pad KaPao MooSap with egg if eat at road side cost only 30-35 baht, Foodland is expensive compared to roadside stores but I still go there very often to eat and shop as its convenient. The staff are very friendly and helpful too always pushing your cart to your car. Also you find many imported stuff there like canned food and meat from Australia, NZ, USA etc.

I am a sucker for pepper too and I always put a lot in my noddle soup, porridge and boiled rice instead of the dried chilli Thais love to use. You must buy this brand. The main shop is in Chinatown but its available in almost every supermarket. Best taste and smell. I usually buy in weight and bring back to Singapore for family. They love it.
Bo Bian lah. Some time very lazy to ride or drive. Just walk over 2 mins walk and can have food any time of the day liaoz. Nguan Soon pepper is good. You buy the seed form or powder form? Quite 'seong' to grind seed form.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes, I know Somboon. They are one of the few that refuse to accept credit cards.

NW, used to go Claudia quite often when I was in BKK. Have not been there for a long time.

My friends like to try all the new joints but my favourite is still Claudia.

Note There is a cmi Somboondee that is a rip off of Somboon....

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Went to homework earlier and staff is blurr when I show them the pic of the model you want. They give me a brochure instead. Seems that all the GAGGIA models comes with name rather

Btw, the model you looking got stock.

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal

Went to homework earlier and staff is blurr when I show them the pic of the model you want. They give me a brochure instead. Seems that all the GAGGIA models comes with name rather than number.

e255ec8e.jpg

It's @ the bottom, 3rd from the right. It's B23,900. Looks like the price is controlled by Verasu, the sole agent in Thailand.

Bro Joe, it's not expensive lah. It's a home use model. I'm doing my little research on this one now:

gaggia-achille.jpg