• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

$1,300 for this piece of Bvlgari...worth it ?

War Criminal

Alfrescian
Loyal
anyway why not get a 2nd hand rolex? its probably much much cheaper compared to a new one. plus hard to tell difference i think.

maybe pay a visit to the pawnshops can get good deals. but then again im not into rolexes... yet

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wear a simple Timex costing below two hundred dollars. It has served me well for more than a decade. Don't understand why you guys want to spend thousands or even tens of thousands of dollars just for something to tell the time of day. And worse, all that complicated little dials and mechanisms, for what? Timing the reflex of a fly?

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wear a simple Timex costing below two hundred dollars. It has served me well for more than a decade. Don't understand why you guys want to spend thousands or even tens of thousands of dollars just for something to tell the time of day. And worse, all that complicated little dials and mechanisms, for what? Timing the reflex of a fly?

It's for the 'snob appeal'.

A good product serves the needs; a smart product panders the ego.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
anyway why not get a 2nd hand rolex? its probably much much cheaper compared to a new one. plus hard to tell difference i think.

maybe pay a visit to the pawnshops can get good deals. but then again im not into rolexes... yet

Rolex, steel, silver or gold, always look as good as brandnew even on the wrist of a motor mechanic or renovation contractor.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

2nd hand Rolexes are good buys if you are not into the latest models. After several years, when you decide to sell, the watch may even make some cash for you. You then get to own the watch for free.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
2nd hand Rolexes are good buys if you are not into the latest models. After several years, when you decide to sell, the watch may even make some cash for you. You then get to own the watch for free.

that time is over. now is the time of austerity.

king_of_abalone

Alfrescian
Loyal
$1300 is the price some pay for a brand new mid range Tag Heuer.

I'll take the 2nd hand Bvlgari any day.

The cheapest sport Rolex is the Sub No Date, $4,500 average, 2nd hand, 10 years old, may not have box + papers.

That is several times more than this Bvlgari. BTW, does it come with the usual booklets and papers as well?

Do get it verified though, I have seen some very genuine looking fakes in JB.

b60355329-ac-5775xf5x0600x0450-m.jpg

king_of_abalone

Alfrescian
Loyal
i never understand why people would want bvlgari watch.
so ugly.

but their jewelry is nice.

take gift from sinkies man mean have to give something back, like many nights in hotel81.

Bvlgari-Bvlgari watch is designed by the same guy who also designed the Royal Oak and Nautilus.

Bvlgari jewellery is the stuff of legend. I would say their jewellery edges Cartier's by an inch. Tiffany is not even in the running.

king_of_abalone

Alfrescian
Loyal
What about PP or IWC? No good?

PP is in the same category as AP and VC, as any watch fan would know.

IWC is below even Rolex, as they do not have in-house movements besides their 7 day power reserve models. Most of their watches still use ETA.

Price-wise, they are literally tens of thousands of dollars apart.

king_of_abalone

Alfrescian
Loyal
My friend bonus good last year, he is prepare to spend about 10000-20000 sin dollars for a good watch, he like omega new watches design, but they are about the price of low end PP. Should he spend money on omega design which he likes, or PP simple low end? or even rolex low end. thanks.

PP simple low end is already in excess of S$20k second hand.

Omega low end is only $1,000+ second hand.

Rolex low end (dress models) is around $3000+ second hand.

You are really comparing BMW and Merc cars with Aston Martin.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bvlgari-Bvlgari watch is designed by the same guy who also designed the Royal Oak and Nautilus.

Bvlgari jewellery is the stuff of legend. I would say their jewellery edges Cartier's by an inch. Tiffany is not even in the running.

yeah that why i did not like AP royal oak.
i dun like his design.

who design omega de villa hour vision annual calendar?? I like him.

bvlgari is italian but their watch made in switzerland. like that, not interesting.

this is solid
http://en.bulgari.com/productDetail.jsp?prod=AN854230
http://en.bulgari.com/productDetail.jsp?prod=AN853961

king_of_abalone

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: wow PP and Rolex war, i like. more pls.

Hi meltdown, why is Alain Silberstein in the high end luxury list??
the watch look like make by primary school student.

supposed to be some modernist abstract artistic shit.

depending on your tastes, they are really quite delightful to look at, although buying is only recommended if you are a watch collector with many watches to suit every occasion.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
PP simple low end is already in excess of S$20k second hand.
Omega lowend is only $1,000+ second hand.

i am talking omega mid end compare to PP low end, if they are same price, which is better off, but he like omega design better, pp low end is very simple in design.

king_of_abalone

Alfrescian
Loyal
yeah that why i did not like AP royal oak.
i dun like his design.

who design omega de villa hour vision annual calendar?? I like him.

bvlgari is italian but their watch made in switzerland. like that, not interesting.

this is solid
http://en.bulgari.com/productDetail.jsp?prod=AN854230
http://en.bulgari.com/productDetail.jsp?prod=AN853961

think the co-axial movement was designed by George Daniels. not sure who penned the original design of the Omega DeVille.

http://www.timezone.com/library/horologium/horologium631670193290479607

king_of_abalone

Alfrescian
Loyal
i am talking omega mid end compare to PP low end, if they are same price, which is better off, but he like omega design better, pp low end is very simple in design.

if that is gonna be my only watch, i would take the low end PP calatrava, available only in platinum, white gold or red gold, which houses a very slim manual-wound mechanical movement.