• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

☆ Barclays Premier League Season 2014-15 ☆

Dzeko

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

539201_thumb.jpg

Everton 0-0 Swansea City: Ten-man Swans earn battling draw
Jonjo Shelvey saw red in the second half for two booking at Goodison Park, but the Toffees could not break through the visitors as the Premier League sides claimed a point apiece

539231_thumb.jpg

Stoke 2-2 West Ham: Downing earns fine Hammers comeback draw
Goals from Victor Moses and Mame Biram Diouf gave the Potters a 2-0 lead but the Hammers fought back to stay in the top four of the Premier League

538011_thumb.jpg

Hull City 0-1 Southampton: Wanyama makes it 10 Saints wins in 11
The Saints remain four points behind Chelsea at the top of the table after a hard-fought win on Humberside

539211_thumb.jpg

Arsenal 3-0 Burnley: Alexis stars as Gunners pull through
The Chile international made the breakthrough for Arsene Wenger's side and Calum Chambers notched his first goal for the club in a strong second-half showing against the Cherries

538771_thumb.jpg

Leicester 0-1 West Brom: Cambiasso howler seals points for Baggies
The veteran midfielder's mistake allowed the visitors to collect an impressive victory on Saturday, with Jamie Vardy and Andy King guilty of wasting glorious chances for the hosts

539251_thumb.jpg

Chelsea 2-1 QPR: Hazard penalty sways fierce London derby
Oscar gave the Blues the lead in the first half, and though Charlie Austin threatened to claim a surprise point for the Rs, the Belgium winger stepped up from 12 yards to win it

537731_thumb.jpg

Newcastle 1-0 Liverpool: Perez strike consigns Reds to another defeat
The Spanish forward, introduced from the bench at half-time, capitalised on a defensive mistake from Alberto Moreno to smash the ball home and keep up the Magpies' impressive form

Groove Armada

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Rojo: My injury is nothing major

548091_heroa.jpg

By Gill Clark
Nov 3, 2014 12:39:00

The Argentina international has moved to ease fears he could be set for a long spell on the sidelines by tweeting after injuring his shoulder in the defeat to Manchester City

Manchester United defender Marcos Rojo has played down concerns over a shoulder injury that saw him stretchered off during the Manchester derby.

The Red Devils are yet to learn the extent of the injury that saw the Argentina international replaced by Paddy McNair in the second half amidst fears he had dislocated his shoulder.

Manager Louis van Gaal admitted after the match he did not know how long the defender would be sidelined for but said he expected him to miss their next game against Crystal Palace.

However, Rojo has moved to ease fears over the injury by tweeting “thank you all for your messages. thank god it was nothing”.

The Red Devils will also be without Chris Smalling for the visit of Palace, after his red card against City, while Phil Jones, Jonny Evans and Rafael all missed the derby due to injury.

Dzeko

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Oscar: Fabregas has taken Chelsea to another level

464238_heroa.jpg

By Mark Doyle
Nov 3, 2014 08:36:00

The Brazil international heaped praise on his fellow midfielder, who has already racked up nine assists since joining from Barcelona during the summer

Oscar insists summer signing Cesc Fabregas has taken Chelsea to another level this season with his "beautiful passes".

The Blues finished third in the Premier League last term but have made an undefeated start to the current campaign and sit four point clear at the top of the table after 10 games.

Oscar played an integral role in Chelsea's latest victory, netting the opener in Saturday's 2-1 defeat of QPR courtesy of a sublime finish with the outside of his right foot.

However, the Brazil international was reluctant to take too much credit for his sublime goal, preferring instead to heap praise on Fabregas, who had provided the assist.

"Cesc gave a beautiful pass to me," Oscar told Chelsea TV. "It was perfect for shooting and when the ball came I decided now, I need to shoot.

"I don’t know if it is my best goal - I need to see it again - but it was a nice goal.

"But Cesc helps the team so much and not just with the assists. In a game, he helps everyone, with beautiful passes like the one for me in this game.

"He has come in this year and played so well and I like playing together with him.

"Last year the team was strong but this year the team plays so well and plays every game to win, and this is important for us."

Eden Hazard ultimately decided the game in Chelsea's favour by winning and then converting a penalty with 15 minutes to go, but the Belgium international conceded that it was Oscar who had provided the afternoon's most memorable moment.

"Sometimes this guy can score a beautiful goal – the free-kick against Crystal Palace, this one against QPR," the Belgian enthused. "He is a very good player and his shooting is very good.

"The game was really difficult, QPR played very well defensively and they had a chance and scored a goal, but after we could come back into the game and win.

"The most important thing was to take three points. Sometimes you cannot play well but we stay top of the league."

Chelsea face Maribor in the Champions League in midweek before resuming their Premier League title push with a trip to Liverpool next Saturday afternoon.

Dzeko

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Pellegrini refuses to change Manchester City style

545681_heroa.jpg

By Matthew Sherry
Nov 2, 2014 19:14:00

The former Malaga boss has come under pressure after a run of poor form, but after beating Manchester United he insists he will not alter his philosophy

Manchester City boss Manuel Pellegrini insisted he will not change his team's playing style despite recent poor results.

Premier League champions City headed into Sunday's clash with rivals Manchester United under huge scrutiny following three winless games.

However, after being helped by Chris Smalling's needless 39th-minute sending-off, Pellegrini's men picked up a fourth successive league derby win for the first time since 1970, with Sergio Aguero grabbing the decisive goal at the Etihad Stadium to leave his manager basking in a "special" win.

"We have had one or two bad results but I am not going to change the philosophy of what I am trying to do," he told Sky Sports .

"The pressure is the same. We wanted to win the game because we wanted the points.

"We want to retain our title and I think the pressure would have been the same even if we had won recent games.

"It's important always to win the derby because it's special. It is special to beat Manchester United. I am very happy for the three points."

Schurrle

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Van Gaal: Smalling's second yellow card was stupid

545051_heroa.jpg

By Alec Fenn
Nov 2, 2014 18:29:05

The defender was sent off for two needless bookings in the first half and incurred the wrath of his manager after the game

Louis van Gaal slammed Chris Smalling and labelled him "stupid" after he was given a red card for two bookable offences in the first half of Manchester United's 1-0 defeat to Manchester City.

The England international, who started the game at centre-back, picked up his first caution for needlessly charging down Joe Hart's goal-kick before hacking down James Milner before half-time.

That meant United had to play the remaining 52 minutes with 10 men and a makeshift back four of Antonio Valencia, Michael Carrick, Paddy McNair and Luke Shaw after Marcus Rojo also exited the game after dislocating his shoulder.

Sergio Aguero ultimately made the extra man count by firing home a 63rd minute winner for City, though United did at least display an admirable spirit in the second period and could even have snatched a point, with Robin van Persie, Angel Di Maria and Fellaini all going close.

After the game, Van Gaal spoke of his anger at Smalling and said the defender was guilty of failing to control his aggression, while hinting he had had words with the 24-year-old.

"In a derby you have to be careful - the second yellow card is a stupid yellow card," Van Gaal told BBC Sport.

"The sending off is not one of those things. As a player you have to control your aggression. I didn't see the first yellow but with the second, you know you already have a yellow, so have to handle it differently. I said that to the players."

The result means United have picked up just 13 points from the first 10 Premier League games of the season, but Van Gaal is convinced his side are just as good as City and Chelsea after facing both in the space of seven days.

"We are very close. You saw it against Chelsea and now against Manchester City. They are the two best clubs in this league and the difference is zero I think."

Next up for United is a clash with Crystal Palace at Old Trafford on Saturday as they look to close the four-point gap between themselves and the top four.

Schurrle

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Van Gaal refutes Fellaini spit claim

544701_heroa.jpg

Nov 2, 2014 17:13:00

The Belgian stooped over Sergio Aguero following a rejected penalty appeal but his manager says it was natural and "when you shout there is saliva"

Louis van Gaal has defended Marouane Fellaini following claims that he spat at Sergio Aguero during the Manchester derby.

Manchester United were defeated 1-0 at the Etihad Stadium thanks to a brilliant finish from the Argentine after a first half that saw two penalty claims denied and Chris Smalling red-carded.

Yet Van Gaal was forced to defend his midfielder after footage emerged after the game of Fellaini appearing to spit in the direction of Aguero following a rejected penalty appeal.

When asked by reporters if the Belgian had spat at Aguero, Van Gaal said: "I’ve heard it’s a question on social media but also I’ve heard on TV he is shouting. And when you shout there is saliva."

A similar incident occured at the KC Stadium in March this year and led to George Boyd earning a three-game suspension for allegedly spitting at Joe Hart.

Willian

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Aguero: We will keep pressuring Chelsea

Sergio Aguero has stressed the importance of Manchester City keeping up the winning habit as they pursue Chelsea in the Barclays Premier League title race.

457606754.jpg

Monday 3rd November 2014

City striker Aguero's 63rd-minute goal steered his side to a 1-0 victory over their local rivals Manchester United at the Etihad Stadium on Sunday.

And it leaves Manuel Pellegrini's third-placed men six points behind unbeaten leaders Chelsea, who have taken 26 points from a possible 30 this term.

The win over United came after back-to-back defeats for City, in the Premier League to West Ham and then the Capital One Cup to Newcastle.

And Aguero told City TV: "It is important to win.

"Chelsea are doing very well and they keep winning but we have to go on and I'm sure they will drop some points.

"They play at Liverpool next weekend and we will see if they drop points but the important thing is that we have to win games."

Aguero's clinical finish from Gael Clichy's cut-back took the 26-year-old Argentina international to 10 Premier League goals for the campaign.

He is currently the division's top scorer, but Aguero's focus is on the points he can help the team gain rather than individual accolades.

"There is a long way to go," he said when asked about leading the scoring charts.

"It's important to continue like that and it is important that all the goals mean that we win games.

"I always say that goals are great when they mean victories."

Willian

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Bruce set to be sidelined for a month

Hull defender Alex Bruce will be out for up to a month after injuring his hamstring.

457840850.jpg

Monday 3rd November 2014

After a spell out of the side, Bruce returned for the Tigers in their 0-0 draw at Liverpool last month and was expected to keep his place for Saturday's home clash against Southampton.

But he went down at the end of the final pre-match training session and missed the match.

The 30-year-old will also be unavailable for Northern Ireland's Euro 2016 qualifier in Romania on November 14, though it is understood he was not in the provisional squad.

"Alex got injured in training on Friday, one of the last kicks of the session," manager Steve Bruce told Hull's official website.

"It's a hamstring but we don't think it's too serious. It's probably going to be two, three or four weeks."

Groove Armada

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Kolarov out for a month for Manchester City

439399_heroa.jpg

Nov 4, 2014 13:28:00

The full-back limped out of the warm-up ahead of Sunday's Manchester derby and is now set for a spell on the sidelines

Manchester City manager Manuel Pellegrini has confirmed Aleksandar Kolarov will miss a month due to a calf injury.

The defender was injured during the warm-up to Sunday's Manchester derby, with Gael Clichy stepping up from the substitutes' bench to face Louis van Gaal's side.

The Serbia international will now face a spell on the sidelines, though Pellegrini is hopeful fellow defender Eliaquim Mangala will be able to return against CSKA Moscow in the Champions League.

"Kolarov has a muscle injury in his calf – he will be out for at least one month," he told reporters. "Mangala is in the squad list for tomorrow [Wednesday]."

The Premier League champions are up against it in their bid to reach the Champions League knockout stages, having picked up just two points from their opening three group matches.

Pellegrini's side threw away a two-goal lead on matchday three in Russia, and though rivals Roma and Bayern Munich are clear in the qualifying positions, the former Malaga boss does not believe a failure to win on Wednesday will lead to elimination.

"It's impossible to be sure but I think this group will be decided in the last game against Roma in Italy," he said.

"I don't think that this game [against CSKA] is sudden death – you can continue mathematically with a draw but it's a really important game.

"There have been times that a team has qualified with a low points total and then gone on to win the competition

"With a winning mentality and an ambitious mind, you always have a chance. That's the way we must be."

Groove Armada

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Lampard close to Manchester City return

550071_heroa.jpg

By Alex Fisher
Nov 4, 2014 00:02:00

The former Chelsea midfielder was stretchered off against Tottenham but is hopeful he can get back on the pitch before his loan spell at the Etihad Stadium ends

Frank Lampard expects to return for Manchester City soon after recovering from a thigh injury.

The former Chelsea midfielder made the transition from Stamford Bridge to the Etihad Stadium seamlessly after his loan move to MLS franchise New York City.

However, Lampard's progress in Manchester has been checked somewhat by the thigh problem he picked up in City's 4-1 victory over Tottenham on October 18.

The 36-year-old has not played since, but is hopeful of being back in contention sooner rather than later.

"I'm not far off selection," Lampard told City's official website. "Fingers crossed, if all goes well over the next couple of days, I'll be back in contention.

"I had a small injury in my thigh - an old injury I'd disturbed slightly.

"It wasn't as bad as I'd first feared but you have to be very careful with muscle injuries. That was the issue.

"I've been working very hard to get back because I was really enjoying playing at the time and that was the bad thing about it."

Lampard's loan spell is due to end next month, but reports have suggested the Premier League champions may opt to keep him beyond that to aid their campaign - something he is not focusing on just yet.

"All I can say is how much I'm enjoying it at City," he added. "I'm contracted here until the end of December and my future will be at New York at some stage.

"All I can do now is go week by week and play as well as I can when I am playing to bring a good contribution."

Dzeko

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Jonas Gutierrez discharged from hospital after cancer treatment

456896_heroa.jpg

By Sacha Pisani
Nov 4, 2014 00:30:00

The 31-year-old revealed on Twitter that he has been discharged after being treated in Argentina for testicular cancer

Newcastle United winger Jonas Gutierrez has been released from hospital after receiving cancer treatment.

In September, Gutierrez announced he was undergoing treatment for testicular cancer in his native Argentina.

The 31-year-old had his left testicle removed and has undergone chemotherapy treatment.

"Today I was given a medical discharge. Thank you very much to all who accompanied me at this time, especially my family, my parents, brothers, godmother and friends," Gutierrez announced on Twitter.

Gutierrez has has made over 170 appearances for Newcastle since joining the club from Mallorca in 2008.

Dzeko

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Yaya Toure: Racist tweets are a disgrace

535731_heroa.jpg

By Tom Maston
Nov 4, 2014 18:01:00

The midfielder suffered abuse after reactivating his social media account and doesn't understand why there are so many race-related issues in football compared to other sports

Manchester City star Yaya Toure has branded racial abuse that he suffered on Twitter as "a disgrace".

The midfielder reactivated his social media account on Monday following the Blues' derby win over Manchester United, but received a number of racist messages in reply.

Kick It Out have revealed that they have contacted the police over the abuse, and Toure himself hopes that those involved can be educated if caught.

"For me it's a disgrace to be honest," he told BBC Sport. "We need to do something to try to tell people those kinds of behaviour have to stop.

"I want those people to understand what they're doing is wrong."

Toure has suffered racist abuse before after being targeted by CSKA Moscow fans in 2013 while a number of professionals have been sent offensive messages online.

And the 31-year-old is astounded as to why football supporters act in such a way given the lack of similar incidents in other sports.

"To have such aggression in sport, I can't understand that. That's why I've been trying to fight it," he added.

"Football doesn't have a colour. We're just people from all over the world trying to enjoy the game.

"I never see this in rugby, I never see that in tennis or anything else, I don't know where it's coming from."

Dzeko

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Sakho set for West Ham return

552331_heroa.jpg

By Matthew Rogerson
Nov 4, 2014 21:18:00

The striker has scored in each of his six Premier League starts for the Irons while fellow striker Andy Carroll is closing in on a return to fitness

West Ham's leading scorer Diafra Sakho is fit for Saturday's Premier League clash with Aston Villa after recovering from a shoulder injury.

Sakho sustained the problem late on during the 2-1 win over Manchester City last month and subsequently missed last weekend's draw at Stoke City.

But the close-season signing - who has scored in each of his six Premier League starts for the Irons - is fit to play when Sam Allardyce's team visit Villa Park.

Allardyce is also expected to have Winston Reid available for selection after the defender was forced off with an injury against Stoke, although Guy Demel faces a spell on the sidelines with a thigh injury.

"Winston came out of the game with a dead leg," West Ham's head of medical and sports science Stijn Vandenbroucke told the club's official website.

"He did not train on Monday but will train later in the week and will be available for the game on Saturday.

"Diafra ran individually on Monday at Chadwell Heath and will also be available for the game.

"Guy Demel is suffering from a thigh problem, but we hope to have him available following the international break."

Striker Andy Carroll is also nearing a return following long-term ankle and foot problems that have seen him play just 15 times since the start of the 2013-14 campaign.

"Andy Carroll trained and played in a behind-closed-doors match last week, which he came though, and will continue to train this week," Vandenbroucke continued.

Schurrle

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Villa and Tottenham charged by FA over altercation

5 November 2014

715507header.jpg

The Football Association (FA) has charged Aston Villa and Tottenham with failing to control their players at Villa Park on Sunday.

The charge relates to an incident in the second half of the Premier League clash when Villa striker Christian Benteke was shown a straight red card.

Belgium international Benteke was dismissed for raising his hand in Ryan Mason's face after the Tottenham midfielder had squared up to him off the ball.

Tempers flared following that altercation, with players from both sides having to be separated, and the FA on Wednesday revealed that the two clubs have been charged for their conduct.

"Both Aston Villa and Tottenham Hotspur have been charged by The FA following their game on Sunday 2 November 2014," said a statement on the FA's official website.

"It is alleged that in or around the 66th minute of the game, the clubs failed to ensure their players conducted themselves in an orderly fashion.

"Both clubs have until 6pm on 10 November 2014 to respond to the charge."

Benteke was handed a three-match ban for his sending off.

Dzeko

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Warnock fined by FA over ref rant

5 November 2014

715483header.jpg

Neil Warnock has been fined £9,000 for questioning the integrity of the referee after Crystal Palace's 2-1 defeat against Chelsea.

Palace boss Warnock was left incensed by the performance of official Craig Pawson during the Premier League clash at Selhurst Park last month, a game in which both sides were reduced to 10 men in the first half.

Damien Delaney was sent off for the home side after collecting two bookings, with Warnock claiming that Chelsea players had "influenced" Pawson's decision making during the game.

The Football Association (FA) has taken a dim view of Warnock's media outburst, fining the 65-year-old and warning him on his future conduct.

An FA statement issued on Wednesday read: "Following an Independent Regulatory Commission hearing today [Wednesday 5 November 2014], Crystal Palace manager Neil Warnock has been find £9,000 for misconduct in relation to post-match media comments.

"Warnock was charged following media comments he made after the game against Chelsea on 18 October 2014 which The FA alleged implied the match referee was motivated by bias; and/or brought the game into disrepute.

"The charge, which Warnock denied at a personal hearing, was found proven and he was also warned as to his future conduct."

Dzeko

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Van Persie reveals Hiddink talks

5 November 2014

469048_heroa.jpg

Manchester United striker Robin van Persie has held talks with Netherlands coach Guus Hiddink over the country's faltering form.

After opening their Euro 2016 qualifying campaign with a defeat to Czech Republic, Netherlands came from behind to beat Kazakhstan before losing 2-0 in Iceland.

The results leave them third in Group A, six points off second, but Van Persie revealed he had engaged in a productive conversation with Hiddink, who took over from Louis van Gaal following this year's World Cup.

"It was a good, frank and honest conversation," he is quoted as saying by Algemeen Dagblad. "It was a critical talk, but it had to be. I understood that Hiddink will talk with other guys too.

"Everyone [from the national squad] is convinced it has to be different and better.

"The coach showed me what he wanted to see different and better. He showed a huge drive. He was sharp, hard sometimes, also to me. But it should be like that.

"I have a good feeling about the conversation. Although it was very serious, I felt a lot of trust."

Van Persie was involved in an argument with fellow forward Klaas-Jan Huntelaar during the Kazakhstan victory, but insists the duo have put their differences behind them.

"Klaas and I spoke extensively about it," he added. "We're both winners and have a lot of respect for each other as football players.

"I do understand that a moment like that drives the whole discussion. It is showed widely to the audience and people have an opinion about it.

"Maybe we had to deal with something like that a bit smarter. But it happened in the heat of the moment."

Netherlands face Mexico in a friendly on November 12 before hosting Latvia in their next qualifier.

Dzeko

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

No rift with Adebayor, insists Pochettino

5 November 2014

715603header.jpg

Tottenham coach Mauricio Pochettino insists he has no feud with Emmanuel Adebayor after axing him from the squad to face Asteras Tripolis.

The 30-year-old was not present on either of Tottenham's last two European trips either, missing out on the 0-0 draw at Partizan Belgrade in September and August's 2-1 win at AEL Limassol.

Adebayor was last involved away from home in Europe during last season's match at Sheriff and, although he has made nine Premier League starts this term, he has been overlooked again in the Europa League.

Nevertheless, Pochettino is adamant that there is no problem between them, putting the Togolese forward's absence down to his own specific plan.

He told reporters: "Okay, yes, it is a reality that Adebayor has not travelled in three games from England, to Limassol, Partizan Belgrade and here.

"For every single mission, for every single trip, we have our organisation and selections. We are ready.

"Aaron Lennon is not here, Kyle Naughton is not here, Younes Kaboul is not here. It is the same situation.

"I decide the list for those coming to Greece and the players here are the players in the squad that will play."

Groove Armada

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Suarez hits out at Mourinho methods

568231_heroa.jpg

By Tom Maston
Nov 7, 2014 15:20:00

The former Liverpool striker cannot understand the Portuguese manager's time-wasting tactics after the Reds' defeat by Chelsea in last season's Premier League run-in

Luis Suarez has hit out at Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho's tactics in last season's dramatic win over Liverpool.

Goals from Demba Ba and Willian secured victory for the Blues in April as the Reds fell short in the title race, with Mourinho criticised by Brendan Rodgers for "parking two buses rather than one".

And Suarez, who has since joined Barcelona in an €88 million deal, believes that the time-wasting methods used by the former Real Madrid boss were baffling despite their effectiveness.

"Every coach has his methods - that's not important to me - but I don't like his way of time-wasting from the very start," he wrote in his autobiography, 'Crossing The Line'.

"I asked myself: 'But why does he do this from the first minute?' I even asked one of his players and he said to me: 'What do you want me to do? If it makes us play well, I have to do it. What else can I do? If I don't, I won't play any more.'

"We were playing at home and a draw would have been good for us. I didn't expect Chelsea to go for a draw - only a win would have helped them. For them wasting time wasn't good. I didn't understand.

"We didn't play well but there wasn't much else that we could do. They had 10 players in front of us, most of them within their area. We could try to draw them out of position by moving the ball quickly but then another defender appeared before us.

"It's hard when you see that there's no room to move in and we saw that time was running out. His way of playing to the lock frustrated us. Mourinho know that if they wasted time, we would get frustrated, play crazily and do anything."

The Reds host Mourinho's side on Saturday with the Blues unbeaten in all competitions this season while Rodgers' team have won just once in their last five outings.

Dzeko

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I feel lousy! Van Gaal says it could take three years to fix Manchester United

488291_heroa.jpg

By Jay Jaffa
Nov 7, 2014 13:18:00

The former Netherlands boss says he has received encouragement from the public for the style of play that he has implemented but admits that their start has not been good enough

Louis van Gaal says that he "feels lousy" over Manchester United's start to the season but claims that it could take up to three years to get the club back on track.

United have taken 13 points from the first 10 games in the Premier League and were eliminated from the League Cup at MK Dons in August.

And although Van Gaal admits that their start has not been what he had hoped, the Dutchman is confident that United will get back to winning ways.

He told reporters: "I feel for the fans and also the board because they have belief in me, my staff, and my players. Thirteen points from 10 matches, you are not doing well, but we are in a process.

"As I have said from the beginning, even when we won five games in the US [in pre-season], the process shall take more than one year. It shall take three years, I hope, though that is dependent on lots of things but I think we will make it happen, that we will win a lot of matches."

United host Crystal Palace on Saturday, looking to bounce back from defeat in the Manchester derby, and Van Gaal says that he is happy with the football that his side are playing.

However, the former Netherlands boss did also lament the team selection problems that he has faced, something further exacerbated by the shoulder injury due to keep Marcos Rojo out for up to six weeks.

"I have the experience that people have great belief in what we are doing now, in the way we are playing football," he continued.

"When I am in the streets I am surrounded by very positive things and, when I'm in a car from United, there are lots of positive people.

"I'm feeling lousy for everyone that we have 13 points from 10 games. When I want to select the same lineup, I cannot. It's the same every week."

Schurrle

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Scholes: I expected Manchester United to be better under Louis van Gaal

534201_heroa.jpg

By Chris Davie
Nov 7, 2014 08:56:00

The former midfielder believes the Dutchman appears "very different to the man you saw on the touchline at the World Cup" and is concerned with the team's morale

Former Manchester United midfielder Paul Scholes admits he has been underwhelmed by the club’s progress under Louis van Gaal.

United currently sit 10th in the Premier League, registering just 13 points from their opening 10 games, while at the same stage last term under David Moyes, United were five points better off.

Van Gaal oversaw a substantial overhaul during the summer transfer window, which included the acquisition of Angel Di Maria for a British record fee of €76 million, but Scholes insists United should have made a better start to the campaign.

“Louis van Gaal talks about progress. I expected United to have a better record by this stage of the season,” Scholes wrote in his column for The Independent.

“It is difficult to figure out what Van Gaal is thinking during games. His demeanour doesn’t change throughout. He looks a bit subdued.

“Certainly, he appears very different to the man you saw on the touchline at the World Cup.”