• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

★ La Liga Season 2015-16 ★

Emery

Alfrescian
Loyal

Monday August 10 2015

Report: Atleti, Juve in Siqueira deal

By Football Espana staff

siqueira-almeria490epa_0.jpg

Juventus and Atletico Madrid are said to have come to terms over the transfer of left-back Guilherme Siqueira.

AS cites the Corriere Dello Sport as saying Siqueira will move to Serie A on a year’s loan with the later option of a permanent transfer.

Siqueira was deemed surplus to requirements at Vicente Calderon by the return from Chelsea of Filipe Luis. Luis’ move a year ago saw Siqueira signed from Granada.

Atletico have also been linked with Lorient’s Raphael Guerreiro to bolster Diego Simeone’s left-back options should Siqueira’s departure be confirmed.

Pique

Alfrescian
Loyal

Monday August 10 2015

‘Sevilla are here to stay’

By Football Espana staff

castro-trophy490epa.jpg

Sevilla President Jose Castro doesn’t see the club’s recent success as fleeting as they contest the UEFA Super Cup. “We are here to stay.”

Los Rojiblancos also this season return to the Champions League after winning their second straight Europa League, qualifying for the Champions League as a result of last season’s success.

“We’re in a new season and we have the necessary elements because it is a very important year for us,” Castro told an interview with Marca.

“I’ve said it 20 times. We’ve not been in the Champions League for a while, we are here to stay, and we have made a major economic effort.

“Let’s try to progress in the Champions League knowing how competitive Spanish football is. We want to play an important role in the League and stay in the Champions League. Continued growth is our way. We want more, to win it all.

“The Super Cup is exciting and the first chance to win a trophy. From there the season is exciting. We can do great things, return to the Champions League, see which group we’re in.”

The timing of the Super Cup has though raised eyebrows, earlier in the season than usual, and in the abrasive heat of Tbilisi.

“It’s unusual for many reasons. The date, in the holidays, the site is far away…there’s not going to be the fans or the heat we wanted, but it is what it is,” Castro lamented.

“UEFA have decided that we have to play in Tbilisi, and we only want to do well. We’re excited and we have a competitive squad. We just hope it goes well.

“We face the game with the same enthusiasm as before, and the same desire. All I can think about is winning and continuing to grow. That’s my obligation as the leader of Sevilla.

“The final is a prize in itself, it’s difficult to get here, and the win would be great. We have to savour the occasion.”

Castro was asked about the final weeks of the transfer market and, in particular, if Sevilla will try to sign a striker before the end of the window.

“The coaching staff are there, in pre-season, to see in what positions we’re lacking. We’ll study what they say before the deadline,” he acknowledged.

“You know what Sevilla is like. We’re always open to the possibilities of the market.

“[Fernando Llorente?] Just wait. We’re engaged with the final. That’s bigger than a transfer.”

Stegen

Alfrescian
Loyal

Monday August 10 2015

Ramos contract on Thursday?

By Football Espana staff

ramos-smile-cap490epa_1.jpg

Sergio Ramos will reportedly sign his new Real Madrid contract later this week, at a ceremony at Santiago Bernabeu.

Mundo Deportivo cites Cuatro as claiming the five-year deal will receive the same pomp and ballyhoo as Cristiano Ronaldo’s last contract renewal.

The delay has come about over how Ramos’ €10m-a-year salary will be structured, with an agreement seemingly setting the terms as a wage of €8.5m-a-year and €1.5m in bonuses depending on Madrid’s success.

Ramos had at one pointed looked set to leave Madrid and sign for Manchester United.

Postiga

Alfrescian
Loyal

Monday August 10 2015

Moreno to PSV breaks down

By Football Espana staff

moreno-hector-valencia490epa_2.jpg

Hector Moreno’s move from Espanyol to PSV Eindhoven has broken down, although the Dutch club could return for the centre-back.

Sport cites reports from the Netherlands, specifically De Telegraaf, that quote PSV sporting director Marcel Brands as confirming there’s no agreement for Moreno with Los Periquitos.

“Right now [talks] have stopped, but you never know what can happen,” Brands said.

Sport add that the clubs have been unable to agree on a fee for the Mexico international, and that has led to the move’s collapse.

Bartra

Alfrescian
Loyal

Monday August 10 2015

Villarreal closing on Bakambu

By Football Espana staff

marcelino-training490epa_1.jpg

Villarreal should soon announce the signing of Cedric Bakambu, the Bursaspor forward, reports in Spain claim.

AS say the transfer will be confirmed on Monday, barring any late setbacks, and the player and his agent are in Vila-real already.

Bakambu is expected to pass a medical without any issue and is one of two strikers the Yellow Submarine have been working to sign, Roberto Soldado being the other.

A fee of €7m is mooted for the France-born DR Congo international who last season claimed 29 goals for his club. Bakambu has previously represented Sochaux.

Postiga

Alfrescian
Loyal

Transfer request is ´not for money´ - Pedro

12 August 2015 01:24

891975header.jpg

Pedro claimed his transfer request is "not for money", while he criticised Barcelona sporting director Robert Fernandez for the way he announced the forward's probable departure from Camp Nou.

In the lead-up to Tuesday's UEFA Super Cup, Fernandez revealed Pedro had put in a transfer request - "Pedro has told me he wants to leave" - with the 28-year-old expected to join Manchester United.

But speaking after the match, where Pedro came off the bench in extra time to score the winning goal in Barca's 5-4 triumph over Sevilla, the La Masia graduate stressed that he is not looking forward to leaving the Catalan club.

When asked if he wants to leave Barcelona or not, Pedro said: "The answer is no but it is complicated by many things.

"It's not for money... It's a matter of continuity, of minutes, I am an ambitious player."

Pedro added: "The words of Robert Fernandez are unfair. He has made some very unfortunate statements. Such people should not talk. He has his reasons."

Despite the absence of Neymar, Barcelona coach Luis Enrique chose to keep Pedro on the bench in Tbilisi, with Rafinha starting up front alongside Luis Suarez and Lionel Messi.

That decision seemed to remind Pedro of why he has asked for the chance to join another club.

"When you know you can play, it is a complicated situation," he said.

"I had a lot of anger at not being able to play this game but as I have always tried to be professional, go out and help. You always want to play in this match... but the coach chose Rafa [Rafinha]."

In 18 career finals with Barca, Pedro has scored eight goals, including Tuesday's winner.

That includes goals in finals of the UEFA Champions League, Copa del Rey, Club World Cup, UEFA Super Cup and the Spanish Supercopa.

DavidVilla

Alfrescian
Loyal

Ronaldo, Messi and Suarez nominated for UEFA award

12 August 2015 16:58

892248header.jpg

Real Madrid's Cristiano Ronaldo and Barcelona team-mates Lionel Messi and Luis Suarez have been named on a three-man shortlist for the UEFA Best Player in Europe Award.

Messi and Suarez helped Barca to the treble last term, while 2014 winner Ronaldo was once again prolific in a disappointing Real campaign during which they won the UEFA Super Cup and the FIFA Club World Cup.

Ronaldo scored 61 goals in all competitions to move above Alfredo Di Stefano into second in the list of all-time goalscorers for the Liga giants.

Argentina captain Messi has also won the award before, while Suarez's nomination serves as reward for a fine debut campaign at Barca in which the Uruguay striker scored 25 goals - including one in the Champions League final win over Juventus.

Five members of that beaten Juve side - Gianluigi Buffon, Andrea Pirlo, Arturo Vidal, Carlos Tevez and Paul Pogba - missed out on the top three, but were all in the top 10 alongside Neymar and Chelsea's Eden Hazard.

A jury made up of journalists from 54 member associations will vote for the outright winner at the Champions League group stage draw in Monaco on August 27.

Alongside Messi and Ronaldo, Barca's Andres Iniesta and Bayern Munich winger Franck Ribery have previously won the award.

Torres

Alfrescian
Loyal

Torres tips Pedro to succeed in Premier League

13 August 2015 03:59

892515header.jpg

Fernando Torres believes Spain international team-mate Pedro has all the ability to succeed in the Premier League amid interest from Manchester United.

Pedro, who scored the match-winning goal in extra time as Barcelona edged Sevilla 5-4 in Tuesday's UEFA Super Cup, has been linked to United as the forward searches for regular game time.

Torres - now plying his trade with boyhood club Atletico Madrid - spent time in the Premier League with Liverpool and Chelsea, and feels the 28-year-old can make the transition from Spain to England.

"He is a good friend, and if he decides that England is the next step in his career, I am sure he will do very well there," Torres told The Mirror.

"He has all the ability you would expect from a player who has been at Barcelona for so many years, but also he has a great work ethic.

"He works hard, he will help defend, he won't be bullied, he has everything to succeed in The Premier League.

"I think he will find it very hard to leave Barcelona, but I understand as much as anybody how important it is to be playing regularly - especially once you reach a certain age. You need to be at a club where you are playing a lot of football."

SergioRamos

Alfrescian
Loyal

Luis Enrique coy on Pedro Supercopa involvement

13 August 2015 12:25

892641header.jpg

Barcelona head coach Luis Enrique was typically stubborn when asked whether Pedro will feature in Friday's Supercopa de Espana first leg against Athletic Bilbao.

After weeks of speculation, Spain international Pedro handed in a transfer request on Tuesday, just hours before scoring the extra-time winner in Barca's thrilling 5-4 UEFA Super Cup success over Sevilla.

Pedro has insisted his wish to move is based on furthering his career rather than money, having seen his first-team chances limited in 2014-15.

Manchester United are widely reported to be interested in the 28-year-old, and in a media conference on Thursday Luis Enrique said little had changed.

"I haven't announced my squad and I don't base my squad around what's happening in the transfer market," he said. "He's available so he can play.

"He didn't train for a couple of days because of thigh trouble but I know he's in a difficult situation.

"He seems the same as ever. He's always a very hard worker and we know he's in a particular situation but there's no change since the start of pre-season.

"We've heard his opinions, it's a difficult decision that he has to make but we'll wait and see what he decides.

"He wants to leave because he's not getting minutes but we want to give him minutes so it's a difficult situation. I certainly want him to stay.

"I'm looking forward to the end of the transfer market so I'll know exactly what I do have.

"I don't want to get drawn into controversies, we all understand Pedro's situation, he's always someone the Barca fans will love because of his personality and his performances on the pitch."

RaphaelVarane

Alfrescian
Loyal

Soldado nearing exit, Pochettino confirms

13 August 2015 15:46

892747header.jpg

Roberto Soldado is nearing his departure from Tottenham and a return to Spain, according to the club's head coach Mauricio Pochettino.

On Thursday, photos emerged on Twitter of Soldado at Gatwick Airport, reportedly telling fans he was flying out to agree terms with Villarreal.

Soldado's team-mate Erik Lamela then took to Twitter to say farewell, before swiftly deleting the posts.

And in a press conference on Thursday, Pochettino said no deal had yet been finalised, but confirmed the striker had been allowed to go and further his negotiations.

"He has been given permission to travel to Spain and the club will announce whether anything will happen or not," Pochettino said.

Since arriving from Valencia, Soldado has struggled at White Hart Lane, scoring just seven Premier League goals in 52 appearances - four of which came from the penalty spot.

ToniKroos

Alfrescian
Loyal

Benfica sign Jimenez from Atletico

13 August 2015 18:10

892819header.jpg

Raul Jimenez has brought a difficult spell at Atletico Madrid to an end by agreeing terms on a five-year deal at Portuguese champions Benfica.

The Mexico international moved to the Vicente Calderon from America ahead of last season, but struggled to make an impact in La Liga.

Jimenez made just four league starts under Diego Simeone, with a further 17 substitute appearances, netting a solitary goal.

On Thursday, it was announced that Benfica had secured the services of the 24-year-old forward.

"I did not play the minutes I expected [at Atletico], but I believe in my worth and I want to show that I can help the team," Jimenez said.

"I have the desire to play more to give the best of me. I know that it will not be easy. I'm in a great club and surrounded by high quality team-mates.

"I have a year of European football, and that has helped me to adapt. Now, with the help of everyone in this great club, I will work to make things better.

"I am delighted to be part of a club as important as this one. I really want to help so that Benfica continues with its success and I'm very hopeful of playing well.

"I want to train to win the confidence of the coach and my team-mates so I can get good performances on the pitch. I will do everything to help the team."

Pique

Alfrescian
Loyal

Neymar deserves Uefa award over Ronaldo - Luis Enrique

luis-suarez-lionel-messi-neymar-barcelona_z48jgx7d0snb1cas00ejt3liw.jpg

Enis Koylu
Aug 13, 2015 14:38:06

The Barcelona boss feels the top three places in the Best Player in Europe gong should go to his 'MSN' attack and talked up the threat posed by Supercopa rivals Athletic

Barcelona head coach Luis Enrique believes that Neymar was more deserving of a place in the top three of the Uefa Best Player in Europe award than Cristiano Ronaldo.

The governing body announced on Wednesday that the Real Madrid star would be on the podium alongside Barca stars Luis Suarez and Lionel Messi.

However, the former Celta Vigo boss believes the Brazilian forward would have been a better choice than the Portuguese attacker, following his exploits in Barca's treble-winning campaign.

"Who decided that Neymar isn't one of the candidates for the Uefa trophy?" Luis Enrique asked at a press conference.

"I think it should be Neymar, Messi and Suarez, without a doubt."

Luis Enrique went on to say that he feels his side are the team to beat in Spain and in Europe as he prepares for the first leg of their Supercopa tie against Athletic Bilbao on Friday.

"The pre-season schedule was set up so we can be the best we can be," he said. "We have to be competitive from the start of the season and still be the team to beat. I would also say the same in Europe.

"The sextuple is a goal we have in mind and one that motivates us but we are focused on is winning the fifth title first - the sixth is still far away."

Luis Enrique is expecting a tough game against Athletic and feels the Basques could try to man-mark star forward Messi.

"Both teams know each other well, it [man-marking Messi] may be an option, but there are others," said the former Camp Nou midfielder.

"They press very well and always make things difficult for their opponents. It will be an uncomfortable match and it will only be resolved over the two games."

Emery

Alfrescian
Loyal

Busquets: We want Pedro to snub Manchester United

pedro-gerard-pique-sergio-busquets-barcelona-pre-season-training_1b9fuw2uhhtwr1izfvjvc25yma.jpg

By Stefan Coerts
Aug 13, 2015 12:15:44

The midfielder remains hopeful his compatriot will stay put, but has stressed the Barcelona attacker's happiness is what matters most

Barcelona midfielder Sergio Busquets hopes Pedro will snub interest from Manchester United in favour of a prolonged stay at Camp Nou.

The Spain international is unhappy with his lack of playing time at the Catalans and technical secretary Robert Fernandez recently confirmed he has requested a transfer.

Barcelona and United have already reached an agreement over the transfer of the 28-year-old, but Neymar's contraction of the mumps has put the deal on hold for now.

Although a transfer appears to be a matter of time, Busquets has not given up hopes that Pedro will stay put.

"I am selfish and I want Pedro to stay. We are friends and he gives a lot to the team," the central midfielder said at a press conference.

"Until there is any official word, the entire team hopes he will stay here. It is a difficult moment for him, but we wish him all the best.

"He wants to stay at Barcelona, but he also wants regular playing time, like every player in the world. I hope that whatever happens is what's best for him.

"He will always give his all for the team, whether he stays here or moves on. It is up to him to make a decision. He will continue to give his all for the team right until the end."

Pedro started Tuesday's Uefa Super Cup win over Sevilla from the bench, but eventually became Barcelona's hero as he netted the 5-4 in the closing minutes of extra-time.

Stegen

Alfrescian
Loyal

Thursday August 13 2015

Lamela ‘reveals’ Soldado exit

By Football Espana staff

soldado-spurs490epa_1.jpg

Erik Lamela has appeared to suggest that Roberto Soldado will imminently leave Tottenham Hotspur following an accidental Twitter post.

The striker, who has been capped 12 times for Spain, has been heavily linked with Villarreal over the past week as a direct replacement for Luciano Vietto, who recently left El Madrigal for Atletico Madrid.

Although he soon deleted the post, Lamela wrote on his official Twitter account: “I enjoyed these two years that we share, I wish you well in your new club! Good luck my friend!”

Soldado joined Tottenham in the summer of 2013 from Valencia as one of their seven post-Gareth Bale signings but scored just seven Premier League goals in two seasons at White Hart Lane.

RealMadrid

Alfrescian
Loyal

Thursday August 13 2015

Gerard set to join Espanyol

By Football Espana staff

gerard-moreno-villarreal490epa.jpg

Villarreal defender Pablo Iniguez has confirmed that Gerard Moreno is set to join Espanyol in a reported co-ownership deal.

Mundo Deportivo claims Los Periquitos will pay €1.5m for half of the Catalan native’s economic rights, thereby ending their pursuit of a new attacker following the departures of Lucas Vazquez, Sergio Garcia and Christian Stuani earlier in the summer.

“It seems Gerard will bid us farewell [on Thursday],” the young stopper was quoted as saying by AS.

“Gerard’s departure to Espanyol was something that had been talked about some time ago.

“We all knew that [Espanyol] were an option for him. It’s a shame as we’ve played with him for a long time and I can say that he’s one of my best friends in football.

“I’m sad that he’s leaving, but I’ll wish him well after we play [Espanyol] in the second round of fixtures.”

Bartra

Alfrescian
Loyal

Thursday August 13 2015

Godin to sign new Atleti deal

By Football Espana staff

godin-torres-mandzukic490epa_5.jpg

Reported Manchester City target Diego Godin has reportedly agreed an improved contract with Atletico Madrid until 2019.

The English giants were believed to have proposed the defender lucrative terms after they expressed a willingness to meet his €40m release clause, but AS claims the 29-year-old has instead opted to stay loyal to Los Colchoneros.

The new deal will see Godin contracted to Atleti for a further year, although he is expected to earn considerably less than the €6m salary offered to him by City.

RealMadrid

Alfrescian
Loyal

PSV complete Moreno swoop

15 August 2015 20:12

893939header.jpg

Eredivisie champions PSV have completed the signing of Mexico defender Hector Moreno from Espanyol.

Moreno, 27, has joined Phillip Cocu's men on a four-year deal for a fee reportedly in the region of €3.5million. It means a return to the Netherlands for Moreno, who spent three and a half years at AZ Alkmaar before moving to Espanyol in 2011.

"This is a good move," Moreno told www.psv.nl. "At PSV I can fight for the title and play in the UEFA Champions League. I was ready for a new challenge and PSV have provided that.

"My football and personality have grown during my time in Spain. I have played against some of the best players in the world. That is why I am a better player now than during my first spell in the Netherlands."

PSV kicked off the season with a 2-2 draw at ADO Den Haag this week, with Cocu's side facing Groningen on Sunday.

DavidVilla

Alfrescian
Loyal

Barcelona have to be perfect - Luis Enrique

luis-enrique-fc-barcelona-primera-division-20150810_14dek9ga5qkun1fgmo45kc8rc1.jpg

By Peter McVitie
Aug 16, 2015 13:09:35

The coach is confident that his side have what it takes to come back from a 4-0 defeat to Athletic and win the Supercopa de Espana

Luis Enrique has demanded that Barcelona seek perfection as they look to turn around a 4-0 deficit against Athletic Bilbao in the Supercopa de Espana.

The Catalans conceded four goals for the second game in a row on Friday, following up their Uefa Super Cup 5-4 win against Sevilla with a trouncing in the first leg against the Basque club.

The Champions League holders have a mountain to climb as they look to win a sextuple of trophies, but Luis Enrique believes they can do it.

"I think we have a team big enough to do this," he told reporters. "We know we have to do very, very well and get everything right in each aspect of the game.

"We do things well. We have every possibility to turn it around. It would be pretentious to say we will defeinitely do that, but I believe we can.

"There were 18 games last season in which we scored four or more goals. We are capable of doing that.

"I don't think the 4-0 reflects the way the game was played. We paid a heavy price for the few mistakes we made.

"It's unusual for us to create so many chances and not score. Athletic made their chances count and punished us for our mistakes.

"No team has ever come from 4-0 down in a Supercopa match. That's the challenge we've got ahead of us.

"Everything is difficult, we will try not to make any mistakes. We know we're capable of scoring four or more. The fact we didn't score at San Mames makes a big difference. We can keep a clean sheet."

SergioRamos

Alfrescian
Loyal

Sunday August 16 2015

Kranevitter confident of Atleti move

By Football Espana staff

kranevitter490epa_0.jpg

River Plate midfielder Matias Kranevitter says he is confident that his transfer to Atletico Madrid will eventually bear fruition.

The 22-year-old, who holds an Italian passport, recently helped Los Millonarios to Copa Libertadores glory but is expected to join Atleti in the near future following his latest remarks and a deal for Thiago Motta continuing to flounder.

“I know River are in contact with Atletico Madrid and trying to reach an agreement,” he was quoted as saying by the Spanish Press.

“I’m waiting patiently, but I’m sure things are going to work out for all parties concerned.”

“I’ve won a lot with River, but it would be an honour to play for a club like Atleti.

“Surely, Marcelo [Gallardo, River Coach] and the club are aware of my situation. As far as I know, the two clubs are in talks. It would be a great step to take in my career.

“El Cholo Simeone is a winning Coach and any player would like to play under him.

“It would be great to mark Messi at the Club World Cup, but it would be even better to have teammates [in competition with him].”

RaphaelVarane

Alfrescian
Loyal

Sunday August 16 2015

Blanc hopes for Motta stay

By Football Espana staff

Motta-training490epa_0_6.jpg

Laurent Blanc has revealed that he hopes Thiago Motta will remain a Paris Saint-Germain player beyond September 1, amid interest from Atletico Madrid.

The Italy midfielder appeared to be heading out of Parc des Princes for a return to Los Colchoneros, with the player having confirmed that he was intent on pursuing the possibility, but he has since played his way back into contention.

“The future of Thiago Motta? I have no crystal ball, but today he’s ours and I hope he’s still here as of September 1,” the Coach told a Press conference on Saturday.

“It’s a sensitive issue that the club are trying [to address], but of course I hope Thiago remains Parisian this season.”