• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

★ La Liga Season 2015-16 ★

Stegen

Alfrescian
Loyal

Barca players elect Iniesta as new captain

juventus-barcelona-champions-league-final-06062015_1uy4zg3tmc8dl1au6l0wo0lyly.jpg

Aug 4, 2015 12:02:54

The club announced the results of a ballot among the playing staff to appoint the four captains for the 2015/16 season

Barcelona have announced that Andres Iniesta will succeed Xavi as club captain.

Lionel Messi will be second captain for the 2015-16 season after hitting 56 goals in 56 games last season.

Sergio Busquets is third in line, with Javier Mascherano fourth.

The appointments were made following a secret ballot amongst the playing staff, who voted for Iniesta to lead them this season.

The results have been formally announced by the club but will now need to be approved by Luis Enrique and his coaching staff.

Gerard Pique was fourth-captain last season, but he has been replaced by Argentina international Mascherano, who has been named among the skippers for the first time since joining the club in 2010.

Iniesta is now the longest-serving player at Camp Nou, having made his debut in the October 2002 Champions League game away to Bruges.

“Above all it is a very special responsibility to represent not only the team but much more: the kit, the club image,” Iniesta told Mundo Deportivo last week.

“Becoming the first team captain it is something very special, especially for people who have spent so much time at the club.

“In the same way that all people are different, I don't think there is an exact model of a captain. Everyone is different and communicate things in their own way."

RealMadrid

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bale: I want to play in the middle for Real Madrid

gareth-bale-real-madrid-roma-international-champions-cup-07182015_g2g9s3mpnii419mv2fqdhf8as.jpg

By George Ankers
Aug 4, 2015 21:15:00

The former Tottenham forward scored against his old club in a pre-season game on Tuesday and is keen to prove to Rafa Benitez that his best form comes through the centre

Real Madrid star Gareth Bale is keen to play more frequently through the middle this season after he was deployed there in Tuesday's 2-0 win over Tottenham.

The Welsh forward scored the second goal during his side's Audi Cup triumph against his former club at the Allianz Arena, playing in a No.10 role by new coach Rafa Benitez.

Madrid are spoilt for choice in that area, with the likes of Isco and James Rodriguez to call upon, but Bale is convinced that a central position makes for the best use of his talents.

"It's my best position," he told reporters. "When I played for Tottenham, I felt I played my best football there and, when I play for Wales, I play there and play my best football. For me, that's my position and it's where I want to play.

"I'm able to go out to the left and the right and it's what I was doing at Tottenham and what I do for Wales. It's great to have the support of the manager and the president [Florentino Perez] and, hopefully, I can repay them with some goals and trophies."

Bale admits that it was "a little bit weird" to play against his old side but enjoyed the lack of pressure on the encounter.

"When you play against your former team, it's always a little bit weird but it's a pre-season game and the main thing for us was fitness," he explained. "We only came back from Australia and China a few days ago and we had three days off so coming into this was a bit difficult but it was good to get the win and it was nice to score.

"There are some familiar faces in the Tottenham squad but there has also been a lot of change. I know a few of the players who are staying in the same hotel so it's been nice to catch up with everybody. Hopefully, they will do well this season.

"They play some great stuff. They are a bit weary. They have got their first Premier League game this weekend so they are preparing for that. Hopefully, they can do well and qualify for the Champions League."

SergioRamos

Alfrescian
Loyal

Dani Alves takes Xavi's No.6 jersey

dani-alves-barcelona_16oqdyh7jk3smzcqx38j4kf0h.jpg

Aug 5, 2015 11:53:22

The Brazilian wing-back has opted to switch numbers in the wake of the club icon's departure to Al Sadd this summer

Dani Alves has taken Xavi's No.6 jersey following the veteran midfielder's departure from Barcelona this summer.

The Brazil international has worn the No.22 over the past few seasons in honour of former team-mate Eric Abidal, but has now jumped at the opportunity to take the ex-Spain star's jersey.

Meanwhile, fellow Brazilian Douglas has been handed the No.2 shirt in the wake of Martin Montoya's transfer to Inter earlier this summer.

Munir and Sandro now have first-team numbers, too, with the former going for No.17 - which had been previously been unoccupied - and the latter taking Douglas' No.16.

Marc-Andre ter Stegen will continue to wear the No.1, while last season's first-choice goalkeeper remains Barca's No. 13.

New arrivals Arda Turan and Aleix Vidal will not be getting official numbers until they start playing in January.

Torres

Alfrescian
Loyal

Capello: Messi like Di Stefano, Pele & Maradona

lionel-messi-barcelona_6ynjwx8xzm191een0xxx1on5r.jpg

By Mark Doyle
Aug 5, 2015 08:46:35

The Italian coach says he knew the forward was destined for greatness after watching him for the first time back in 2005

Fabio Capello says Lionel Messi has defined an era and believes the Barcelona ace is on a par with Alfredo Di Stefano, Pele and Diego Maradona.

The Italian got his first glimpse of the Argentine back in August 2005 when he took his then Juventus side to Camp Nou for the Joan Gamper Trophy.

Capello was so taken with Messi's talent that he tried to sign him on the spot, so convinced was he that the diminutive forward was destined for greatness.

"Twenty-five minutes into the game, I approached [then-Barca boss] Frank Rijkaard about taking Messi to Juve," the ex-AC Milan coach told El Mundo Deportivo.

"I knew about some bureaucratic problems [at Barca] and I thought that he might not start the season in Barcelona.

"So, then it occurred to me to take him to Turin. But Frank told me that in three or four months everything would be all settled, and that Leo could play with Barca.

"But I remember when I saw his name in the line-up and then, he blew my mind.

"I could not believe that a player of his age could play like that, before 90,000 spectators, undeterred by [being marked] by someone like [Federico] Balzaretti.

"His personality, quality, dribbling, fantasy - he took the ball and went straight for goal with an unusual audacity.

"The likes of [Franco] Baresi or [Paolo] Maldini, they were players who already knew they would reach the 'top' because of the great talent they had.

"From there, much depends on the head of the player. But I noticed something different from what I had seen so far. With what he showed in that game against Juve, I no doubt that Messi would reach the top.

"You can talk about the best player in history, because football has had several different times and each player has excelled above the rest.

"First, it was Di Stefano, Pele, then later Maradona, and now Messi."

Messi inspired Barca to a treble last season but he was ably supported by Neymar and Luis Suarez.

Capello believes the Blaugrana will not have things all their own way in 2015-16, but says their strikeforce is capable of firing them to more silverware.

"I like Barca's coach a lot," the ex-England manager added. "Luis Enrique has offered great football: great passing but also speed.

"This season will be a bit more difficult, but the key will again be Messi, Neymar and Suarez.

"If all three return with the same team spirit and sense of sacrifice, they can continue to do great things."

Emery

Alfrescian
Loyal

Man Utd & Barcelona agree Pedro deal

1741952_heroa.jpg

Aug 5, 2015 17:00:00

A £22.3 million (€32m) fee has been agreed between the two clubs, but the Catalans are keen for the forward to stay with them until after the Uefa Super Cup next Tuesday

GOALBy Kris Voakes & Ignasi Oliva Manchester United and Barcelona have reached agreement over the transfer of Pedro, but the Champions League holders are keen to retain the player until after next week's Uefa Super Cup.

The two sides have settled on a transfer fee of £18.1 million (€26m) initially, with a potential further £4.2m (€6m) to be paid in variable bonuses.

But the European champions face Europa League winners Sevilla in the traditional season curtain-raiser in Tbilisi on Tuesday, and want to be able to call upon Pedro to play a part.

Lionel Messi and Neymar have only recently returned from an extended break following their Copa America commitments, and neither is likely to play a full 90 minutes in the Super Cup clash.

As a result Pedro is likely to play a significant role before finalising a move to Old Trafford, meaning United will begin the Premier League season against Tottenham on Saturday without the 28-year-old in the squad.

The Spain international signed a new four-year deal in June, with the club announcing publicly that his €150m release clause remained in effect. However, a gentlemen’s agreement was made allowing the player to leave for a lower fee should the buying club suit both parties.

While Pedro has yet to agree personal terms with United, he is keen on a switch which would allow him greater playing time than he has experienced since Luis Suarez’s arrival at the Camp Nou last summer.

United boss Louis van Gaal admitted recently that the 28-year-old is just the type of player his team has been lacking.

"Barcelona have the speed of Neymar and Messi - and they have Pedro behind them. We have to compete with that," he told The Sun.

"We can win the title if we can buy players with speed and creativity. We have to improve our selection in that way."

Pedro has scored 98 goals in 318 appearances for Barcelona, and head coach Luis Enrique insisted recently that he wanted the forward to remain with the club.

"Pedro is a high-level player and as a coach I want him to stay here, but is his decision," he said.

Pique

Alfrescian
Loyal

Wednesday August 5 2015

Report: Masche in Serie A talks

By Football Espana staff

mascherano-athletic490epa_0.jpg

The Italian representative of Javier Mascherano has elaborated on earlier claims the Barcelona defender wants to play in Serie A.

Gustavo Mascardi was on Wednesday quoted as saying the Argentine, this week voted by his teammates as Barca’s fourth captain, is keen to experience Italian football.

He has gone further in an interview with LaRoma24 by revealing talks with a host of clubs in the peninsula, claiming to have been given authority by Mascherano’s agent, Walter Tamer, and Mascherano himself.

“I was instructed [to act as an intermediary] by one of his agents, Tamer, as well as the player,” Mascardi said.

“I’ll stay in touch with them while I work on a solution.

“Will I meet with Roma sporting director Walter Sabatini? Yes, I can confirm that. We’ll talk about everything.

“I can tell you that I’ve already spoken with [Juventus director general Giuseppe] Marotta, but negotiations stalled, because Juventus spoke to [Barcelona international sporting director Ariedo] Braida, who told them they didn’t want to sell.

“Last night I had dinner with Ariedo and I told him the lad wants a change of scenery, preferably in Italy.

“Javier will speak directly to the President [Josep Maria Bartomeu] as soon as there’s a concrete offer from an Italian club. He wants to come and play in Serie A.

“No team is in pole position, at the moment Inter with [sporting director Piero] Ausilio are the team which has come forward more than the others, but no-one is in pole position.

“I’ve talked about the player with [Milan CEO Adriano] Galliani, Ausilio, Walter and Marotta. The situation is clear, and the transfer window is open. Anything could happen, or nothing could happen.”

Bartra

Alfrescian
Loyal

Wednesday August 5 2015

Report: Llorente wants Sevilla

By Football Espana staff

llorente-arms490epa.jpg

Fernando Llorente wants to move to Sevilla, according to a report, and Monchi has been negotiating with Juventus for the striker.

ABC de Sevilla claim that’s the Europa League winners’ squad for the new season is essentially settled, barring injury or some other unforeseen circumstance.

But there is also room for a special signing and with the feeling that Unai Emery could do with another forward, Juve’s former Athletic Bilbao target man fits that category.

Emery has Kevin Gameiro, Ciro Immobile and youngster Juan Munoz, who has impressed in pre-season, but with a campaign of Champions League football to go with La Liga and the Copa del Rey, more fire power is being considered.

ABC are of the belief that Llorente hopes talks between Los Rojiblancos and the Old Lady prove successful, although there is also interest from Premier League pair Arsenal and Tottenham Hotspur, and possibly Real Madrid and Inter.

Llorente is said to have been impressed by Sevilla’s project and the chance to remain in the Champions League, but it’s not expected that any transfer would be wrapped up quickly.

ABC suggest talks are at the half-way point and are likely to drag out until the end of August, as Juventus are holding out for the best possible deal.

Llorente has two years on his contract with the Italian champions and is paid around €4.5m a year, with a €12m transfer fee the starting point for negotiations.

Sevilla are now directing all their attention to Llorente, and teammate Mauricio Isla, while Llorente is keen to play regularly in the coming season so he can regain a place in the Spain squad for Euro 2016.

DavidVilla

Alfrescian
Loyal

Pepe injury blow for Real Madrid

barcelona-real-madrid-la-liga-lionel-messi-pepe-22032015_1ugv6yiw08nz311e98conu8gby.jpg

By Mark Doyle
Aug 7, 2015 14:28:26

Tests have revealed that the Portugal international damaged a muscle in his right leg during Wednesday's Audi Cup loss to Bayern Munich at the Allianz Arena

Real Madrid are sweating on the fitness of influential defender Pepe ahead of the start of the new Liga season.

The Portugal international was forced off just 16 minutes into Wednesday's Audi Cup loss to Bayern Munich at the Allianz Arena and is now a major doubt for Los Blancos' trip to Sporting Gijon on August 23.

"A medical examination on the player in the Universitario Sanitas La Moraleja hospital has shown that he has a muscle injury in his right leg," read a statement released on Madrid's official website on Friday. "His progress will be closely monitored."

Madrid face Valerenga in a friendly on Sunday before travelling to Asturia the following weekend to take on Sporting Gijon.

Coach Rafael Benitez has several other injury concerns at the moment, with both Cristiano Ronaldo and Karim Benzema having been left out of the squad for the Audi Cup.

Ronaldo is suffering with a minor back complaint, while fellow forward Benzema has a thigh problem.

Record signing Gareth Bale sat out Madrid's meeting with Bayern in Bavaria but Benitez insisted afterwards that the winger had merely been rested as a precautionary measure.

Stegen

Alfrescian
Loyal

Benitez refuses to rule out Real Madrid signings

rafael-benitez-real-madrid-international-champions-cup-2015_i5sen2p79u8u19up6xkv0mjos.jpg

By Ryan Kelly
Aug 6, 2015 17:24:03

The coach has indicated that, while he possesses a strong squad he is always open to making improvements

Real Madrid boss Rafa Benitez remains open to the possibility of adding to his squad ahead of the forthcoming season.

Manchester United goalkeeper David De Gea has been heavily linked with the club in recent weeks, but Benitez indicated that he is happy with the goalkeepers he currently has at his disposal.

Nevertheless, the former Liverpool and Napoli boss has admitted that, while he possesses a strong crop of players, he is always keen to improve his squad.

"We have a good team, but coaches always want to improve," Benitez told reporters following his side's 1-0 Audi Cup final defeat to Bayern Munich. "The market is open until August 31."

Meanwhile, Benitez is unsure whether Karim Benzema will be fit and ready for the start of the club's Liga campaign.

The France international missed the Audi Cup final due to a thigh injury and faces a race against time to be ready for his side's opener against Sporting Gijon on August 23 and it is unclear whether or not he will be fit.

"I do not know," conceded the Madrid boss. "We'll see how it evolves."

Bartra

Alfrescian
Loyal

Barcelona: Messi headbutt on Yanga-Mbiwa 'normal'

messi-yanga-barcelona-roma_1008y8l3pt7911gg6266p37hqu.jpg

By Mark Doyle
Aug 6, 2015 17:09:24

The forward caused controversy on Wednesday by lashing out at the France international during the Blaugrana's 3-0 friendly defeat of Roma

Barcelona vice-president Jordi Mestre has played down the seriousness of Lionel Messi's clash with Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa, claiming that such incidents are "normal" in football.

Messi reacted angrily to something said by the Roma defender during the first half of Wednesday's friendly at Camp Nou, thrusting his head towards the France international before then grabbing his opponent by the throat.

Both players were booked for their role in the altercation but there have been claims that Messi was the aggressor and should have been dismissed.

However, Mestre feels that the whole affair was much ado about nothing.

"It is what happens in football games," he told reporters on Thursday. "I think it is anecdotal and there is no reason for giving this chapter more importance.

"It happens and it will keep happening in the future. It is normal when you play football."

After Neymar had opened the scoring in Catalunya, Messi doubled Barca's advantage shortly after the Yanga-Mbiwa incident before being replaced midway through the second half.

The four-time Ballon d'Or winner is now expected to lead the European champions' attack once more, in Tuesday's Uefa Super Cup showdown with Europa League winners Sevilla.

RaphaelVarane

Alfrescian
Loyal

Juan Carlos makes Vallecano switch

6 August 2015 12:18

889005header.jpg

Rayo Vallecano have moved to strengthen their squad ahead of the new Liga campaign with the signing of Juan Carlos from Cordoba.

The goalkeeper made 32 appearances in the top flight last season for Cordoba, but his efforts were not enough to stop the side suffering relegation.

Juan Carlos has signed a two-year deal with Vallecano and becomes their fourth permanent close-season signing, after Ousseynou Cisse, Patrick Ebert and Jose Antonio Dorado.

Paco Jemez has also captured Bebe, Chengdong Zhang and Diego Llorente on loan as Vallecano look to build on their 11th-place finish last season.

Pique

Alfrescian
Loyal

Barca confirm Alba a doubt for start of season

6 August 2015 17:05

889133header.jpg

Barcelona have confirmed that Jordi Alba faces a fortnight on the sidelines due to a hamstring injury, leaving the left-back facing a race against time to make the start of their La Liga title defence.

Luis Enrique's side get their league campaign under way at Athletic Bilbao on August 23, by which time they will have played the Basque club twice in the Supercopa de Espana.

However, Alba looks likely to miss all three of those games due to the injury sustained in Wednesday's friendly against Roma.

Barca ran out 3-0 winners at Camp Nou thanks to goals from Neymar, Ivan Rakitic and Lionel Messi – who was perhaps fortunate to escape sanction for an apparent headbutt on Roma defender Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa.

Torres

Alfrescian
Loyal

Van Gaal hints at Pedro move after Di Maria exit

7 August 2015 14:24

889583header.jpg

Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal has hinted at a move for Barcelona forward Pedro after stating his desire to bring in a pacy attacking player to replace Angel di Maria.

Argentina winger Di Maria completed his drawn-out move to Ligue 1 champions Paris Saint-Germain on Thursday, bringing an end to a disappointing one-season spell at Old Trafford.

Barcelona forward Pedro is reportedly United's top target, with the 28-year-old - a World Cup winner with Spain - thought to be keen on the move.

And Van Gaal admits that while the "problem" of selling Di Maria has been solved, the former Real Madrid man's exit has left a void in his squad.

"Di Maria, we have solved that problem but it is for us a big loss," he said.

"When I say I want more attackers with speed and creativity, Di Maria is one of those players so we have to look for those kinds of players."

Di Maria managed just three goals in 27 Premier League appearances last term, and Van Gaal believes that his exit was the best for all parties.

"He started very well," he added. "That is not the problem.

"He had a very good start. He knows the answer better than I know but it happens and then there is only one solution, what he has done.

"Of course they [players from abroad] have to have the talent to cope with the English rhythm and that is difficult to find.

"That is mostly also why players are not having success in this competition because of the rhythm of the game.

"The English culture is another culture from the Latin culture. You never know. As a manager you never know."

Emery

Alfrescian
Loyal

West Ham close on Jimenez

7 August 2015 14:59

889601header.jpg

West Ham are expecting to complete the signing of Atletico Madrid forward Raul Jimenez within the next two days, says manager Slaven Bilic.

The Mexico international struggled to break into the first team at Vicente Calderon last season, and just four of his 21 appearances were as part of the starting XI.

Bilic is on the lookout for attacking reinforcements after Enner Valencia was ruled out for three months due to a leg injury earlier this month.

Jimenez, who managed just one goal in La Liga last term, emerged as the primary target and a deal is nearing completion.

"Jimenez is close. We hope to get it done today or tomorrow," Bilic said on Friday.

"But he would not be ready for Sunday's game [against Arsenal]."

Bilic also stated that a midfielder is on his wish list, while some players may yet leave Upton Park during the transfer window.

"Some players may leave the club and some have left already," he added. "We want one striker and one more player in midfield and that would be it."

RealMadrid

Alfrescian
Loyal

Coleman: Bale in no rush to leave Real

10 August 2015

890952header.jpg

Wales coach Chris Coleman insisted Manchester United target Gareth Bale is in no rush to leave Real Madrid.

United are on the hunt for additional pace and a marquee signing after Angel di Maria left to join Paris Saint-Germain and Bale continues to be linked with a move to Old Trafford, despite repeatedly stressing his determination to remain in Madrid.

Bale's national team boss Coleman reiterated the forward's desire to stay put in the Spanish capital.

"Bale is in no rush to leave Real Madrid," Coleman said on Sky Sports on Sunday. "Manchester United are who they are, but why is he going to want to leave Madrid?

"I know he came in for a lot of criticism and was seen as the president's boy because of the huge transfer fee and he was targeted."

Bale came in for criticism from all quarters in 2014-15, with pundits and Real fans alike venting frustration at his performances.

The 26-year-old, however, has been one of Real's standout performers in a more central role under coach Rafael Benitez during pre-season.

Coleman added: "I watched a lot of Madrid’s games and [Cristiano] Ronaldo, [Karim] Benzema, Isco were having bad times, but 'Balely' was targeted for sure and they left him out in the cold.

"The newspapers gave him a hard time when most of the players were having a tough time. But he is strong enough and [will] come through that and I think he will have a good season with Benitez."

DavidVilla

Alfrescian
Loyal

Future to be decided at end of pre-season - Odegaard

10 August 2015

890958header.jpg

Real Madrid midfielder Martin Odegaard said he will make a decision on his future after the club's pre-season campaign.

Odegaard, 16, has been linked with a loan move away from Real in order to gain first-team experience.

The Norway international made his La Liga debut last season, though he spent most of the 2014-15 campaign playing for Real Castilla - the club's reserve team.

Asked about his future following Sunday's goalless friendly draw against Valerenga, Odegaard said: "First we have to come to the end of the pre-season and then we'll see. I'm very happy in Madrid and that is all I can say at the moment.

"I do not have any specific goals for next season but I want to improve my football, it's as simple as that.

"I've learned a lot every day, from the players in the matches, I've been training well and I feel good.

"It's always difficult, but I'm only 16, I'm handling things as I can and I have many years to develop as a footballer. I don't have to be in any hurry and I can play without any pressure or stress."

Real kick-off their La Liga season at Sporting Gijon on August 23.

SergioRamos

Alfrescian
Loyal

Lucas pens new Atleti deal

10 August 2015

891088header.jpg

Atletico Madrid teenager Lucas Hernandez has penned a new deal with the Liga club until 2019.

The French centre-back, who joined Atleti's youth set-up as an 11-year-old in 2007, has made just one appearance for the first team - as a late substitute in their 4-1 victory at Athletic Bilbao last season.

Lucas is also able to play left-back, and has represented his country at Under-19 level.

The 19-year-old had two years left on his old deal, but he has extended his stay with Diego Simeone's men for an extra two years.

RaphaelVarane

Alfrescian
Loyal

Pedro should follow his heart - Alves

10 August 2015

891259header.jpg

Dani Alves says Pedro should listen to his heart when contemplating an exit from Barcelona amid constant rumours over interest from Manchester United.

The forward has been heavily linked with a move to Old Trafford - the Spain international touted as a possible replacement for Angel di Maria.

A hosts of Barca stars have expressed their hope Pedro will remain although a preferred front three of Lionel Messi, Neymar and Luis Suarez looks set to limit his playing opportunities again this term.

Alves told Monday's UEFA Super Cup news conference: "Ultimately the decisions don't come to me, they are for other people.

"The more people interfere, the harder the decision is. Of course if I had to make the decision it would be for him to stay here for many more years.

"It's down to him and his heart but if he stays we'll be delighted, if not we'll respect his decision.

"If you feel you're not wanted at a club you have to go. Let's hope he doesn't make that decision."

Alves came close to leaving Camp Nou during the close-season before signing a new two-year deal in June, with Barca's ban from FIFA on registering new players likely to have played a part in the extension.

"You say I had a foot out of the door, luckily it was my strongest foot so I'm back here," he added.

"I shall continue doing what I've always done, which is to give everything I can. Then things happen as the season progresses."

Torres

Alfrescian
Loyal

Luis Enrique: Pedro speculation will not affect selection

10 August 2015

891258header.jpg

Rumours concerning Pedro's future at Barcelona will have no impact on his selection, says head coach Luis Enrique.

The Spain international has been heavily linked with a move away from Camp Nou, with Manchester United reported to be interested in his services after he has found regular first-team action hard to come by.

Pedro started just 15 La Liga outings in 2014-15, as the fabled forward line of Lionel Messi, Neymar and Luis Suarez formed a devastating attacking trio.

With Barca due to take on Sevilla in the UEFA Super Cup on Tuesday - which Neymar will miss due to contracting mumps - Luis Enrique says speculation surrounding Pedro's potential move makes no difference to his decision making.

"I want all my players all season, I'm a coach and that's obviously what I want," he said.

"I've spoken enough about the Pedro matter, we're going to find out the solution soon because the transfer window is about to close.

"I've never refused to play any players because of the situation on the market, that's not an aspect I consider."

Tuesday's showpiece in Tbilisi marks the first of a possible six trophies available to Barca this season, but Luis Enrique knows they will not have it easy against the UEFA Europa League winners.

"In all these competitions you're playing against other champions so they're all going to be difficult," he said.

"Each game is a challenge for us and something to conquer and we're taking this game as seriously as any other so let's see what happens on the field tomorrow.

"I don't care who people say are favourites or not, we know we've got potential and won titles but we need to go and show on the field that we're the best team."

ToniKroos

Alfrescian
Loyal

Barca need ´crazies´ like Turan, says Dani Alves

10 August 2015

891427header.jpg

Barcelona defender Dani Alves is relishing the opportunity to play alongside Arda Turan in 2015-16.

Turkey international midfielder Turan joined Barcelona from La Liga rivals Atletico Madrid on a five-year contract last month.

Turan is ineligible to play until January, due to Barca's transfer ban, and Dani Alves said the 28-year-old's debut cannot come soon enough.

"It's an honour to have Turan with us," the Brazil international said as Barca prepare for Tuesday's UEFA Super Cup against Sevilla.

"It's a pity he can't help us now, we are eager for him to play, for his quality, intelligence and personality.

"He's a phenomenon. And more, he's been very funny in the camp. Our team needs crazies like him."