• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

where to find really good fried rice?

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal
other than din tai feng fried pearl rice(i give 8/10)
farm mart prawn butter fried rice (8/10)
opposite mount faber safra hawker thai fried rice (8/10) now move to else where)
which hawker center can i find very nice fried rice?
price willing to pay $5 (1 pax size)

Last edited:

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ting tai feng fried rice is the best .

Wow, suddenly you very familiar with local fried rice? LOL

c0212604_21383843.jpg

Try Hillman Restaurant, their fried rice is nice.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
how do you cook fried rice at home?

Mine always stick together, how to prevent the rice from sticking to each other
how much oil and what is best type of oil for fried rice

any one have any idea?

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
use overnight rice, put your rice in a bowl with loose lid in your fridge. Use enough oil to fry the eggs, must use high heat lah....

Last edited:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I always 'siam' this dish. My chef friend told me they always use leftover rice for this dish. Ang Moh's favourite dish. Ditto wonton soup.

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ting tai feng fried rice is the best .

not really, can be soggy.

used to like 翡翠小厨, so far only the Holland Village outlet consistent with the standard.

i think 御宝 imperial treasure, also not bad. used to like to go there for dinner when they just opened. imperial treasure set up by a group of chefs left 翡翠小厨.

another thing, 翡翠小厨 outlets interior design by a jap interior designer. a very fat and nerdy fella.

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

c0212604_21383843.jpg

wah! knn! AK really stir up my memories man! this used to be under a hdb blk now where the pinnacle@duxton is. opposite the road got one western food restaurant operate by Hainanese boss at level 1 of the maritime house, a hotel operate by mpa. last time got one seafood restaurant in port workers union house where the condo beacon is now, been there for wedding dinner before. really long time ago man!!! i think only those work on the sea familiar with that area.

Last edited:

PUNISHER

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

c0212604_21383843.jpg

Why not ? That is the only place I have my fried rice . For your information ting tai feng have an outlet in Japan too ... Idiot !! :wink: 2-4-1 Nihombashi Chūō-ku B2fl, Takashimaya . Don't be a sua Ku :wink:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
wah! knn! AK really stir up my memories man! this used to be under a hdb blk now where the pinnacle@duxton is. opposite the road got one western food restaurant operate by Hainanese boss at level 1 of the maritime house, a hotel operate by mpa. last time got one seafood restaurant in port workers union house where the condo beacon is now, been there for wedding dinner before. really long time ago man!!! i think only those work on the sea familiar with that area.

Near where you described was CPIB at Cantonment aka 'primary school' and 'white house' to makan paus. Used to makan at the coffee house. Special service coz the old captain knew I was from the 'elite' CID! Last makaned there 2 months ago. New operator liao. Yup, I recall the seafood restaurant. Place used to be popular for wedding makan. Makaned there quite regularly before chionging.

PUNISHER

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
not really, can be soggy.

used to like 翡翠小厨, so far only the Holland Village outlet consistent with the standard.

i think 御宝 imperial treasure, also not bad. used to like to go there for dinner when they just opened. imperial treasure set up by a group of chefs left 翡翠小厨.

another thing, 翡翠小厨 outlets interior design by a jap interior designer. a very fat and nerdy fella.

For me I really love their ting tai feng fried rice and xiao long bao . I never been to 翡翠小厨 . Thanks for the information . Will go there tomorrow . What is the best food to order beside fried rice in 翡翠小厨 ? Can I have the exact location ? Thanks in advance .

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Near where you described was CPIB at Cantonment aka 'primary school' and 'white house' to makan paus. Used to makan at the coffee house. Special service coz the old captain knew I was from the 'elite' CID! Last makaned there 2 months ago. New operator liao. Yup, I recall the seafood restaurant. Place used to be popular for wedding makan. Makaned there quite regularly before chionging.

yes, the old cpib building further down the road. which coffee house? u mean in the old cpib? yes the seafood restaurant, very small and cramp but nice food with old aunties as waitress. just drop the plates on the table and leave. lol

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For me I really love their ting tai feng fried rice and xiao long bao . I never been to 翡翠小厨 . Thanks for the information . Will go there tomorrow . What is the best food to order beside fried rice in 翡翠小厨 ? Can I have the exact location ? Thanks in advance .

try their 虾球河粉. used to be my fav. porridge also not bad. few outlets at orchard standard not bad. but holland v been consistent and operate till morning. used to go there for supper until they started the construction of mrt stn there.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why not ? That is the only place I have my fried rice . For your information ting tai feng have an outlet in Japan too ... Idiot !! :wink: 2-4-1 Nihombashi Chūō-ku B2fl, Takashimaya . Don't be a sua Ku :wink:

u are a dumbfuck, I ate both places and had a better comparison than u. Now you wanna say your choice is the best? When did I said your recommendation sucks? LOL