• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Bukit Indah - The Address

nusaduta

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes the shopowners came to rescue, the bike repair shop owner even threw the tyres but did not hit the robber. I guess things just happen in a split second and everyone is still in a state of shock!

I really hope they can ramp up the security in the area otherwise, it could just be like any other taman in JB

BlackCaviar skyloft ah?Can sell meh not even TOP?

Nusaduta-Frm a car so amazing not scare jammed?Got anybody help?I wonder if we use our car to rammed into em,will insurance pay us,or we got to fok up cash for repair,damn angry man...tik we muz get together to deal with em,example install camera and post on internet to stress the police,haiz

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes the shopowners came to rescue, the bike repair shop owner even threw the tyres but did not hit the robber. I guess things just happen in a split second and everyone is still in a state of shock!

I really hope they can ramp up the security in the area otherwise, it could just be like any other taman in JB

As more people stays there, the level of crime can potentially increase. The robbers can just come in bikes and speed off easily.

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal
As more people stays there, the level of crime can potentially increase. The robbers can just come in bikes and speed off easily.

The problem is now BI has been identified as an affluent area with news reports stating that 25% of the residents are either SPR working in SG or Singaporeans.Also more and more higher end landed are being built in the vicinity with houses selling at well over 1M. I am afraid now the bad hats have moved in and are working the area.We must be very vigilant. while it might still be ok within the shopping centres and even at home in a G &G estate,walking outside even along shops exposes us to these thieves.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's not realistic to expect that Bukit Indah will be different from other tamans in terms of crime. Generally in JB, as the population increases, so does the crime rate. Just have to keep your wits about, and keep your eyes and ears open. Par for the course for staying in JB but I think overall, the JB situation is still generally ok unless you are really unlucky.

Niucomer

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's not realistic to expect that Bukit Indah will be different from other tamans in terms of crime. Generally in JB, as the population increases, so does the crime rate. Just have to keep your wits about, and keep your eyes and ears open. Par for the course for staying in JB but I think overall, the JB situation is still generally ok unless you are really unlucky.

Yes agree, population goes up, targets go up, PDM strength doesn't go up, crime goes up.

Luck can be managed. It is risk management. Just need to overcome desire. If one goes to one's favourite bak kut teh stall and cannot find decent parking that is safe, would one give up the bak kut teh and go some other stall? No, most people will take the risk and be subservient to his stomach. Just don't be pig headed (pun intended for those who crave the dish) about one's safety.

hemohemo

Alfrescian
Loyal

What you described reminded me what saw in City Square recently. I was at a stall at the ground floor. Suddenly heard stomping noise from the 2nd floor - a man running down the escalator, being chased by two people. I was caught by surprise by the commotion; but a few people around me reacted very quickly and joined the chase. Within a min or two, the group walked back in the mall, with the man's hands at his back.

I'm impressed by people's quick reaction and selflessness to join the chase. Perhaps we're not used to and are not as vigilant as locals. I think there is always a balance there - while someone is on lookout for a target, others are also watching. I felt relieved because I believe there are 热心人士 among us in the crowd.

By the way, I decided to add a little to the story - When the group of people walked in the mail, three policemen walked up to them and took over the man. A few other policemen continued their chat at one corner of the mall.

Last edited:

destansooming

Alfrescian
Loyal
Those who have bought properties in Iskandar or is planning to do so. Take note hoh

In a nutshell, to prevent foreigners from speculating on the properties, the Johor State Govtn is considering introducing some measures

1) First property owned by foreigners must obtain permission from state govtn before being allowed to be put on sale.

2) Foreigners buying a resale property from a local must also obtain permission for the state govtn.

新山 JOHOR BAHRU

柔佛州务大臣卡立诺丁指出,为防止外国人“炒楼”以及协助柔州屋价降温,州政府正在研究拟定一系列限制外国人买卖房产措施,而非抬高外国人买屋价格。

他说,这些措施包括:外国人购买的首间屋子不能随便卖出,以及外国人向当地人买卖二手房时,也不能说交易就交易,必须获得州政府的批准。

卡立诺丁周一为MCT集团发展的综合房产项目主持推介仪式后,被媒体追问州政府是否将把外国人只限购买50万令吉(约20万新元)以上房子的限制,上调至100万令吉(约40万新元)的问题,透露这项消息。

他说,州政府参考其他州属的情况,上调外国人买屋价格对房产降温效果不大,反而会制造新的问题。

他强调,即使把外国人只限购买房产价格调高至100万令吉,只会促使发展商越建越多“百万令吉房屋”,治标不治本。因此,州政府将研究其他策略,从控制外国人买卖房产方面着手,例如外国人买卖房产必须获得州政府的批准,就和目前外国人购买农业地和土著保留单位,必须获得地方政府批准一样。

他认为,外国人买卖房产是导致屋价高升的原因,政府若控制这种情况,投机者会减少,情况可以改善。

卡立诺丁强调,考量建造人民所需的房产,才是产业发展的重点。“一个地区建有太多的可负担房屋、中价屋和低价房产,税收会不理想,无法用作提升和发展相关区域的基本设施。”

掌管柔州房屋及地方政府事务的州行政议员阿都拉迪夫将在适当时候宣布有关措施。

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Those who have bought properties in Iskandar or is planning to do so. Take note hoh

In a nutshell, to prevent foreigners from speculating on the properties, the Johor State Govtn is considering introducing some measures

1) First property owned by foreigners must obtain permission from state govtn before being allowed to be put on sale.

2) Foreigners buying a resale property from a local must also obtain permission for the state govtn.

新山 JOHOR BAHRU

柔佛州务大臣卡立诺丁指出,为防止外国人“炒楼”以及协助柔州屋价降温,州政府正在研究拟定一系列限制外国人买卖房产措施,而非抬高外国人买屋价格。

他说,这些措施包括:外国人购买的首间屋子不能随便卖出,以及外国人向当地人买卖二手房时,也不能说交易就交易,必须获得州政府的批准。

卡立诺丁周一为MCT集团发展的综合房产项目主持推介仪式后,被媒体追问州政府是否将把外国人只限购买50万令吉(约20万新元)以上房子的限制,上调至100万令吉(约40万新元)的问题,透露这项消息。

他说,州政府参考其他州属的情况,上调外国人买屋价格对房产降温效果不大,反而会制造新的问题。

他强调,即使把外国人只限购买房产价格调高至100万令吉,只会促使发展商越建越多“百万令吉房屋”,治标不治本。因此,州政府将研究其他策略,从控制外国人买卖房产方面着手,例如外国人买卖房产必须获得州政府的批准,就和目前外国人购买农业地和土著保留单位,必须获得地方政府批准一样。

他认为,外国人买卖房产是导致屋价高升的原因,政府若控制这种情况,投机者会减少,情况可以改善。

卡立诺丁强调,考量建造人民所需的房产,才是产业发展的重点。“一个地区建有太多的可负担房屋、中价屋和低价房产,税收会不理想,无法用作提升和发展相关区域的基本设施。”

掌管柔州房屋及地方政府事务的州行政议员阿都拉迪夫将在适当时候宣布有关措施。

Sounds like additional ways to milk foreigners. New state consents = more taxes.

destansooming

Alfrescian
Loyal
it was on the news yesterday night,currently we are paying like rm11k for malaysia government,from next year onwards beside getting consent from the state government,ppty owner will be charge 4-5% of the ppty price.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
it was on the news yesterday night,currently we are paying like rm11k for malaysia government,from next year onwards beside getting consent from the state government,ppty owner will be charge 4-5% of the ppty price.

developer will just give you 50K RM furniture / ID voucher. problem solved

destansooming

Alfrescian
Loyal
haha...since the govt asked,bo paing gotto to give, hopefully they spend the money well, dont end up in someone else pocket, for developer they will juz give voucher haha, however this will still go back to consumer or pack with the ppty price already, Mayb ppl will rush to buy during this window period?

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal
haha...since the govt asked,bo paing gotto to give, hopefully they spend the money well, dont end up in someone else pocket, for developer they will juz give voucher haha, however this will still go back to consumer or pack with the ppty price already, Mayb ppl will rush to buy during this window period?

definitely those who have shortlisted ppty will rush to complete the transactions before the rule kicks in.

DMX88

Alfrescian
Loyal
submitted cheque for d'fronde. now waiting for my loan application result. look forward to joining BI community :smile: