• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

You won't find this in our prostitute papers.

peppertail

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Murder or Suicide - Shane Todd Article on FT

I would check up on the background of Todd's Pinoy girlfriend. Remember, according to the article she was the one who saw and reported his death. Check up on how and under what circumstances had she started meeting and dating him.

She's also a nurse... and those who know how to heal also know how to kill. It comes with the medical knowledge.

Yeah, without that medical knowledge she wouldn't have been able to hang the guy by his neck! She did it!

peppertail

Alfrescian
Loyal
Since this is obviously a case of conspiracy and international espionage on a government level i am curious to know why that harddisk was left openly in the guys apartment for his parents to find? The ISD hiring FT's now to do their dirty work?

Last edited:

melzp

Alfrescian
Loyal
1. Shane threw farewell lunch and pack his bags looking fwd to new job in US.

2. Would he commit suicide?

3. Sgp Police hv been always swift in many,many big cases.
But not this one. Why was the hard disk drive discovered by the mother n not
by the Police after 3 days? Was it laid there by the Police?
4. If Shane were to stay in a condo, the murderer might not hv it easy.

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
Assuming that it was a murder, and this is still very uncertain, it is unlikely that the murderer would stick around for more than a few seconds after he committed his deed. Anyone could walk in any time. As such, if he was murdered, it is likely the murderer left quickly and did not bother to rummage through his victim's belongings. Espionage agents are not all efficient and slick as made out in 007 movies.

Dreamer1

Alfrescian
Loyal

Report Kanon25 | February 18 1:43pm | Permalink
Here is an alternate plot (strictly my fictional interpretation of course):

- CIA signs up young technologist
- Said spy is sent inserted into a Singaporean research institute know to be working with the Chinese
- Spy uncovers information and sends it home
- CIA prepares to retrieve the agent without blowing his cover by him "finding" a job with a company that is an extended arm of theirs
- Before spy can complete his exit, the Chinese counterintelligence take him out of the game
- Chinese govt informs Singaporean govt of the facts and demands full compliance
- Singaporean research agency cuts off the family of dead spy
- Squabble ensures with family unaware of their son's real profession and local Singaporean keystone cops completely operating way out of their level
- Meanwhile US Embassy knows full well what really happened but can't exactly tell the family

Dreamer1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Report James Roux | February 18 10:46am | Permalink
It will not be easy task to find the culprit .

They might be a group of companies or complicated organised crime
network.
As business mature, organised cartel moves in to join the crowd.

A group of companies that cross share exchange
with financial loan sharks, they pay protection money to ensure business runs smooth,
have link with world organised crime underworld.
They invest money laundering monies in lucrative high growth business ,
business including technology, drugs, fashion, gambling, any business that is profitable
and real estate.

It could be:
IME research on something crucial could hurt the competing group.
IME may be the target, Shane was the victim others at IME could be the next.

Dreamer1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Report larrywong | February 18 7:13am | Permalink
As a Chinese from mainland China, I hate to admit that things much worse could happen in China. Trust me, Chinese society is much more complicated than westerns think. Everything has at least two sides, one on-board version, one inside version. You think you are working with a great company whose mission to benefit human, but that could be untrue. Big companies in China, 100 percent guranteed, have deep relations with the Party, or they will never be able to stand out in such a competitive market. If the Chinese gov wants to do sth, it can absolutely do it, ignoring any laws, which are basically bulls*&t in real China. I suggest everyone ambicious like Shane take a deep and through research before getting involved in Chinese businesses. It's NOT safe.
Last but not least, I am sorry for the Todds about Shane's death. I am a UC students, though not UCSB, and I know how competitive the school is. He went through the college but not the real world. I am sorry.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The main issue is the role of sinkapore's research agencies complicity in the illicit transfer of US technology to the Chinese.

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
The most interesting comment yet:

John Burton | February 19 10:22pm | Permalink

As the former FT correspondent in Singapore (2001-2009), I must say that nothing in this story, particularly the response of the Singapore police and the US Embassy, surprises me. For all its claims of transparency, the workings of the Singapore government are a black box. As for the US Embassy, when I ran into trouble with the government over my reporting and was eventually expelled from the country by having my visa renewal rejected, it did not lift a finger, saying it could not intervene in "visa" issues (I'm an American citizen). I must also commend the FT for its determination to publish this story. Unfortunately, there have been previous instances where the FT, like other Western media, have been cowed by the threat of libel suits by the Singapore government and its leaders. I'm glad to see that the FT and its editors have finally pluck up the courage to address this issue.

songsongpunggol

Alfrescian
Loyal
die die also dun give the hd to the killer. he is a hero.

AsiaOne
S'pore police want engineer's hard drive
AsiaOne *- ‎Feb 18, 2013‎
SINGAPORE - The police have asked for an external hard drive recovered by the family of an American electronics engineer from the Singapore apartment where he was found dead last year.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
AsiaOne
SINGAPORE - The police have asked for an external hard drive recovered by the family of an American electronics engineer from the Singapore apartment where he was found dead last year.

They were offered a copy of the content. Why not accept it? How is their investigation disrupted when the content is available to them? The only logical conclusion is that the SPF wants to do a cover up. Well, I am sure the parents can hand the disk over after all they are done with their own investigations.

Meanwhile, can we have congressional hearings on the role of sinkapore in helping China acquire US technology now?

peppertail

Alfrescian
Loyal
They were offered a copy of the content. Why not accept it? How is their investigation disrupted when the content is available to them? The only logical conclusion is that the SPF wants to do a cover up. Well, I am sure the parents can hand the disk over after all they are done with their own investigations.

Meanwhile, can we have congressional hearings on the role of sinkapore in helping China acquire US technology now?

I dont think you can recover possibly deleted data from a copy. A copy will be useless as evidence.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
AsiaOne

sg poodles are f*cking useless. seized the computer and mobile phone but missed the hd. couldn't even bother to check all accessories before grabbing them. they must have thought that thing was a speaker. it goes to show that they did not freeze the "crime", "homicide" or "suicide" scene, take fingerprints, check for micro blood stains, take pics, collect samples and scrutinize every inch....even though at first glance it might seem to be suicide. someone died a tragic death. treat it as an unnatural death and conduct a full and thorough csi before jumping to the conclusion that it's suicide. never assume. morons. :rolleyes:

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
The work appears slovenly if they can just seize the laptop and cellphone but seemingly not have spotted the hard drive, or at least not seen its significance.

Dreamer1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore blocks FBI inquiry into American’s death
Police want engineer’s kin to return evidence
By Shaun Waterman,The Washington Times,Tuesday, March 5, 2013

The parents of a U.S. electronics engineer who was found hanged in Singapore last year say the FBI is “handcuffed” from launching a proper investigation by the police there, but are pressing their case with the island city-state’s ambassador.
Shane Todd, 31, was expected to return to the U.S. for a new job before a friend found his body hanging from the bathroom door in his apartment in June.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/mar/5/singapore-blocks-

I went to WT,I saw two very PLP jokers full of praise for fucking PAP.
(1)Ms Deborah Ong,a very proud cook for high class high class people(richmen???)
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=645742110
(2)Leonard Soh
http://www.facebook.com/leonard.soh.94

If these two jockers are not PLP,that means they are fucking stupid,should learn something from GD-the Dragon.

Last edited:

Lizzert

Alfrescian
Loyal

I would check up on the background of Todd's Pinoy girlfriend. Remember, according to the article she was the one who saw and reported his death. Check up on how and under what circumstances had she started meeting and dating him.

She's also a nurse... and those who know how to heal also know how to kill. It comes with the medical knowledge.

Could be she is actually a HE and specially trained ass-sasin..and last straw was to discover that the ladyboy killa had a bigger tool ..

Dreamer1

Alfrescian
Loyal

Death in Singapore probe becomes political
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=KvoTw_CCFOw

The parents of a U.S. electronics engineer who was found hanged in Singapore last year say the FBI is “handcuffed” from launching a proper investigation by the police there, but are pressing their case with the island city-state’s ambassador.
Shane Todd, 31, was expected to return to the U.S. for a new job before a friend found his body hanging from the bathroom door in his apartment in June.
Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/mar/5/singapore-blocks-