• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

You prefer Tan Chuan-Jin or Chan Chun Sing to be your future PM?

You prefer TCJ or CCS to be your future Prime Minister?

• Tan Chuan-Jin

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Chan Chun Sing

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

oldgoat

Alfrescian
Loyal
Enough of all these discussions on the shameless Goh Meng Seng. He's mental.

The press once reported that Chan Chun Sing is future PM material. Nothing was mentioned on Tan Chuan Jin despite TCJ who seemingly is doing more work and gaining more media exposure than CCS.

TCJ definitely has the stature and composure to be a better PM than the kiddish looking Chan Chun Sing who speaks with a mumble. It's just like choosing my son-in-law - from a parent perspective, TCJ looks like a better choice.

What exactly merits CCS to be future PM?

geylangchickenloyangduck

Alfrescian
Loyal
nah beh...for me neither can be a PM..how can a military man be PM, Singapore become like Burma? Not say i don't respect them, but whole life in army smell kiwi know how to smell the needs / desire of the people or not?

moreover these scholars, from young parachute into high positions, only know barking order, know how to take them?

I seriously doubt loh....

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
In my view, CCS will make a great prime minister for sure. He has got the character, capability and guts.

Wildfire

Alfrescian
Loyal
Neither ... they are just red herrings! At most, seat-warmers ... like GCT! In my opinion, best candidate from the current corp of MP's should be Tin Pei Ling!
Time is on her side. By the time she is MILF, and with my financial backing, guidance and screwing, I am confident she'll turnout to be like Thailand Prime Minister, Yingluck Shinawatra!

Last edited:

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I wonder how CCS could make it to 2 stars while TCJ was only 1 star. If both of them were not wearing their ranks in the army, I would have mistook CCS as a over eager major.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Enough of all these discussions on the shameless Goh Meng Seng. He's mental.

The press once reported that Chan Chun Sing is future PM material. Nothing was mentioned on Tan Chuan Jin despite TCJ who seemingly is doing more work and gaining more media exposure than CCS.

TCJ definitely has the stature and composure to be a better PM than the kiddish looking Chan Chun Sing who speaks with a mumble. It's just like choosing my son-in-law - from a parent perspective, TCJ looks like a better choice.

What exactly merits CCS to be future PM?

Neither. One can't speak good English the other is too white to be any different.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wonder how CCS could make it to 2 stars while TCJ was only 1 star. If both of them were not wearing their ranks in the army, I would have mistook CCS as a over eager major.

When i first met CCS only like 6 years ago he was full Colonel already. Thne srpung up to MG so fast.

Balancemind

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't get too excited. It's still salad days as coined by Francis Seow in his book "To Catch the Tartar" which sadly is banned here. For all you know the prospect of them seating on the opposite side of the Bench in Parliament in a not too far future seems to be a reality rather than a ficition. So don't count the chicken before the egg has hatched. :-))

mesmerised

Alfrescian
Loyal
To be PM material, they need to prove themselves as Ministers in MTI, MOE, MOF and MINDEF.

If they shortcut, minimum MOE and MINDEF.

Ng Eng Hen will not let go of MINDEF for next 10 years.

CCS will eventually become Minister for Defence after doing stints in MCYS and MOE.

TCJ will move to Foreign Affairs after serving in MOM and MOH.

Heng Swee Kiat eventually moves to MTI, MOF and then Home Affairs,

But the big test is, can they make it past 2016 elections? Will other retired/new BGs come forward to challenge them in GE 2016? Will new candidates who are presently Perm Sec level come in and stake new claims to PM-ship??

At the moment, I don't see CCS and TCJ even being able to stand up to LTK and CSM in a one to one debate. If they cannot spar in parliament and argue convincingly, even the heavens can't intervene to make them PM.

Varuna

Alfrescian
Loyal
At the moment, I don't see CCS and TCJ even being able to stand up to LTK and CSM in a one to one debate. If they cannot spar in parliament and argue convincingly, even the heavens can't intervene to make them PM.

I don't think LHL is PM material but he became one, with or without heaven's intervention. TCJ and CCS are inexperienced new birds. They can be good academics for their excellent study brains and results, but not necessary good politicians. TCJ is trying hard and struggling to prove to his bosses he can handle the Bt. Brown cemetery issue. I am waiting to see to how he can appease the voices of displeasure.

Last edited:

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Please. To be PM material... your family name must be Lee. No other requirements. With that kind of tact, EQ, presentation... on his own he is at most RC committee member material.

Last edited: