• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Yawgate: What are your views?

CalvinOng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Because adultery is a very bad thing and he knows he can't face the people cos only the diehard ah bengs will support him.

Adultery is a bad thing but it's not a crime. He should have given a press conference with his wife beside him, admitted his indiscretions, begged forgiveness, and promised to work hard for the people of Hougang. He may not have been able to run in GE2016, but at least he could have stayed on for another 4 years and salvaged some of his reputation. I just don't get it -- was it pride, embarassment, or arrogance that caused him to act that way? Did he think he could just ride it out and wait for it all to die down? And why didn't Angela Oon try to clear her name if it was not true? Their behaviors really puzzling to me.

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
The adultery is true, how can it be anything else given what we saw?

Yes, he should have apologised but not necessarily stayed on as MP though cos he won't have any moral authority anymore.

ForFun

Alfrescian
Loyal
We should really drop this subject about YSL. Only GMS, Sadist and Kinana refused to let the matter rest.

Many years ago there was a eurasian MP in Potong Pasir who allegedly had a tryst with a lady. He was quietly removed and nothing was heard of him again. Of course those days there was no internet and this was just the rumour in the grapevines. All accepted that he was sufficiently punished for his indiscretion and he was left alone to lead a private life. I suppose GMS was busy PCC then.
The senior MIWs know that not all in their party are saints and they have their fair share of such nonsense among their members thus they do not comment about this Yawgate... but kiddies like Kinana and Sadist think it's funny to continue bringing it up. Kids are kids:rolleyes:

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ForFun said:
Many years ago there was a eurasian MP in Potong Pasir who allegedly had a tryst with a lady. He was quietly removed and nothing was heard of him again. Of course those days there was no internet and this was just the rumour in the grapevines. All accepted that he was sufficiently punished for his indiscretion and he was left alone to lead a private life. I suppose GMS was busy PCC then.
The senior MIWs know that not all in their party are saints and they have their fair share of such nonsense among their members thus they do not comment about this Yawgate... but kiddies like Kinana and Sadist think it's funny to continue bringing it up. Kids are kids:rolleyes:

I wonder why adultery is not a crime. Used to be under the Brits. Even failure to report an adultery was criminal. Something must have moved that change in the penal code.

ForFun

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wonder why adultery is not a crime. Used to be under the Brits. Even failure to report an adultery was criminal. Something must have moved that change in the penal code.
I heard of cases in present day S'pore where the women caught committing adultery were even awarded alimonies and custody of kids. Not only is it not a crime, it's not even really frown on. It's quite a mess here my friend. The right from wrong and wrong from right are just not given much thoughts these days.

deepblue0911

Alfrescian
Loyal
I respectfully disagree. This is the biggest political scandal in Singapore in 25 years. It will run and run.

I'm not sure if this is the biggest political scandal in Singapore for the last 25 years. My point is, what good does it bring to our country and society in our relentless pursuit of YSL? He's gone and probably unlikely to make a political comeback in the near future. Singaporeans are still fairly conservative and we now know for sure adultery will be frowned upon.

I'm sure there are larger issues in Singapore that deserves our attention than a horny but stupid politician who can't keep his pants on.