• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

WP's Indian Candidate's Resignation

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Fabricated lies only need short response, categorically denounce them as all lies. But Sylvia didn't even do that. That speaks volume

Goh Meng Seng

what you mean by 'all these'? as fas as i am concern, you never dispute any of namqiong's post.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not given cadreship is nothing surprising. The PAP does it all the time - make use of the minority to make up the quota and then if you lose, dump you back in yr shithole wherever they picked you up.

In the past, there was a malay acting school principal whom the PAP needed for a GE.He was promoted to full Principal before resigning to stand. But he lost, and guess what? The PAP just dumped him, and he had no place to go anymore. Now, isnt a parachute better than a cadre?

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
like that no count. must state the denial point by point. SL deny categorically you also cannot accept. why should your blanket denial be sufficient.

i can conclude : gms guilty as charged by namqiong as he did not deny the allegations. period.
Bro migrant, are u a court lawyer?

I am impressed by yr cross examination of GMS... His face very red now !!!!! From squeezing his own balls!

deepblue0911

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro migrant, are u a court lawyer?

I am impressed by yr cross examination of GMS... His face very red now !!!!! From squeezing his own balls!

GMS can't even explain why he changed position. He can't handle the truth, he can't handle lies. He can't everything. I'm attempted to say a joke about him being a cunt but decided not as that would be bad taste.

k0s0ng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fabricated lies only need short response, categorically denounce them as all lies. But Sylvia didn't even do that. That speaks volume

Goh Meng Seng

Actually Sylvia did that. What she effectively said is this: if you think it's racist ..then it's non-sense.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
She did not deny that she said those words. She may even think that those words aren't racist in nature!

Goh Meng Seng

If an indian said Chinese loves to eat pork, is this a racist remark if it is true? Should the indian apologise for being racist by what he said. Do you think he despise chinese just because of difference in culture? I wouldn't have jumped into conclusion to criticise SL as racist based on the above example.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dear Scroo,

At the end the of the day, PAP renewal is about recruiting and parachuting in the brightest and best they can find into the party. WP renewal is about recruiting the most loyal , hardworking, who will live on bread water love of the opposition cause individual for the party who thanks the party for the chance to serve and to be exploited to the full.

When you don't have much resources, you need to get everything right in the first place - starting from the junior members. LKY was purging and imprisoning people at his early stage of politics to find the right person whom he can trust and help him consolidate his power. WP is facing similar scenario which shows sign of renewal and maturity in its own way. In politics, trust has to be earned and not a gift. You consolidate a good team to lead and not mass recruit half-hearted soul who take politics as self adventures eyeing for the wrong destination.. Sajeev resignation proved himself unable to stand the test of time. If everyone think like him, Singapore will have no social workers.

wpwhistleblower

Alfrescian
Loyal
Aiyah Scoobal, you no honest. Yuo only give 50% reaosn. he also got say Sivia Lim got say this word: "That it has been the party’s experience that Indians tend to leave after getting party cadreship;" Sivia no dare say she no say this. Justr say she no racist. You no why she no dare say? Becasue Sajeev got tape what she say. If she say no say, she lau kwee becos Sajeev will let popel hear tape.

Wp poeple and sapporter very humsup and racist. Just like Low Thia Kiang call Jeyarnatman many, many bad tings to PAP, say easy for Chinese popel to work with Chinese poeple. Now Dr Poh Lee Guan Sir got one to fight election, you and wp poeple got say or no say Chinese poeple no honest, no reliable, no trustworthy or not liek you say Indain poeple. You got say or no say now Scoobal Dr Poh Lee Guan or you no dare say now.

Firstly this Indian chap by his very own admission has indicated that prior to and after GE except for a short while after GE could not commit time and effort to the Party. Yet he does not realise why they could not make him a cadre. He was not signing up for a gym membership. His timing of thevresignation shows that he is either manipulative or being manipulated. The Malay member who resigned was certainly not devious.

Secondly I would think that being a candidate and receiving 40 plus % was a greater achievement then being an cadre espcially when he has other more important commitment than party work. A Chinese candidate would not have that luxury. Certainly a chap who is not very bright or prefers to have titles.

Thirdly as a minority he knows that this is pretty much affirmative action category. The PAP deliberately did this. Surely he and his family and close friends would know that on his own and with his background, qualification and charisma, he would be lucky to get a second look from a tissue vendor let alone garner 2% of votes. I have seen him during the elections hustings and I may be bias but I would still say that my doorstop has got more personality than him.

Fourthly I would suggest that this form of action especially the timing puts the entire Indian community in bad light and reinforces the stereotype that touches on trust and reliability. The Indian culture tends to be fatalistic. If they go down, they will bring everyone down. This unfortunately smacks of it.

Now for the WP. This espisode should deliver a deafing message if they haven't figured it out yet. The PAP learnt it long time ago. Beggars can't be chosers. The PAP have made Malays, Indians and Eurasians cadres to reflect the racial composition of society. Nothing to do with meritocracy. To some extent its political correctness to bring in the votes and being practical. Its creates a reservoir to make the quota.

Lets face it, being a cadre is not exactly an achievement one puts down in a CV. The trick is have more reliable cadres and less of the less reliable and you can still function.

wpwhistleblower

Alfrescian
Loyal
Aiyah very simple. Just call sivia to say she no say this word "That it has been the party’s experience that Indians tend to leave after getting party cadreship;" I tell yuo Sivia no dare say. You no why she no dare say? Becasue Sajeev got tape what she say. If she say no say, she lau kwee becos Sajeev will let popel hear tape. Now Dr Poh Lee Guan Sir got one to fight election, you got say anytign or noting to say now becos he Chinese poeple? Wah wp and sapporter all very racist one. I last time vote wp now no dare vote. wp got power sure garantee all the Chinese, maly and Indain fight until blood come out.

simi epic quarrel :confused:

i only see some loser bitching.

that indian alleged that there is racism involved, any witness. he say only and you believe? you 1st day born huh? like that namqiong also say gms fuck around his wife's back. so it is also the truth?

or is it like what jah say, if ah neh cannot make it, they will not blame themselves but push the blame to racism.

wpwhistleblower

Alfrescian
Loyal
The main difference is, I have denied such bo liao vicious allegations, but did Sylvia deny the account made by Sajeev?

Goh Meng Seng

Aiyah Goh Meng Seng Sir, Sivia no dare say. You no why she no dare say? Becasue Sajeev got tape what she say. If she say no say, she lau kwee becos Sajeev will let popel hear tape. She kum lan leow. Canot say anyting so say wp no racist. Poeple never got aks she wp racist or no racist. Poeple ask her simpel question. Sivia you got say or no say this: "That it has been the party’s experience that Indians tend to leave after getting party cadreship;"

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear My,

If Dr Poh turns out to be Dr Iscariot Poh, then the blame lies as much with Low and his leadership style as it does with the individuals. Social workers work for a greater good, they are altruistic by nature, Politicians are not altruists , they are ambitious and egotistical period whether PAP or WP. The question of leadership is in exploiting and channelling that ego and ambition for mutual good and benefit.

Trust has to be earned ? How much, work does one have to be done before one is trusted, ? Trusted to be loyal to an individual or trusted to do work for the party, they are two separate things and low is biased to the first and expects it without being questioned

Locke

When you don't have much resources, you need to get everything right in the first place - starting from the junior members. LKY was purging and imprisoning people at his early stage of politics to find the right person whom he can trust and help him consolidate his power. WP is facing similar scenario which shows sign of renewal and maturity in its own way. In politics, trust has to be earned and not a gift. You consolidate a good team to lead and not mass recruit half-hearted soul who take politics as self adventures eyeing for the wrong destination.. Sajeev resignation proved himself unable to stand the test of time. If everyone think like him, Singapore will have no social workers.

wpwhistleblower

Alfrescian
Loyal
Aiyah Low Tia Kiang last tiem got sabo Jeyaraman. So now he scare poepel do same ting to him. So you good no good never mind. Must number one sahkah him enough. All popelk in wp no this one. You clever liek Chen Sho mao he no give you go tv becasue wait you more famus than him.

Dear My,

If Dr Poh turns out to be Dr Iscariot Poh, then the blame lies as much with Low and his leadership style as it does with the individuals. Social workers work for a greater good, they are altruistic by nature, Politicians are not altruists , they are ambitious and egotistical period whether PAP or WP. The question of leadership is in exploiting and channelling that ego and ambition for mutual good and benefit.

Trust has to be earned ? How much, work does one have to be done before one is trusted, ? Trusted to be loyal to an individual or trusted to do work for the party, they are two separate things and low is biased to the first and expects it without being questioned

Locke

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha...the cockeral crows again.....
politics is a dirty game so nothing can be ruled out.....
but to categorically put down the poor chap as someone sinister is really uncalled for...
what makes the cockeral thinks he has a holier than thou right over others......
adulation my foot.....i rather be kukubird......lol.

mesmerised

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear My,

Locke

Another election, more allegations against WP leadership and speculations of moles,cronyism,racism,favoritism,accountability, transparency etc,etc. Politics is not dead afterall in Singapore.

Reading Sajeev's letter, I can only sympathise with WP as it struggles to grow as a mainstream opposition party with its own ideals, character and culture. Whatever these may be, I am sure there will be many others who will not agree with it for one reason or another. For almost 4 decades, WP has been driven by a single leader, with a single ward to call its own and appeal to a particular segment of the electorate. It is like a sole-proprietorship which moved on to become a partnership and now in the throes of going public as a "listed" company.

And as any company intending to go for IPO, there are rules to abide by, shareholders that need to be kept abreast of developments, businesses to grow, strategies to be developed to meet future challenges etc,etc.

When Sylvia Lim and LTK publicly said that the WP is not ready to form the government, I think they knew in themselves the true challenges ahead before the WP can unseat the PAP. And they were very sincere about their assessments.

Whatever the WP has accomplished thus far is truly admirable. As the political landscape in Singapore evolves, so too must the WP. And if the future of the party requires a new CEO, new directions and new shareholders, it must be bold enough to make the decisions that will move it to the next lap. Otherwise, it has to be contented with being another "mom and papa" company like most of our SMEs and look consistently for govt handouts to survive.

cunnilaubu

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
if you consider what PAP is humming since YSL was expelled, it all about WP's leadership or lack of it. This Sajeev guy's fiasco fits nicely into this theme. Need I say more?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Thank goodness we have the reliable and trustworthy PAP to run the country. I shudder at the thought of a party like WP which is in such disarray actually gaining power.

Singapore would be doomed for sure.