• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

WP expelled Dr Poh Lee Guan

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
With you on the old guards. The old guard approach in this environment is better. Young turks have tasted blood but my sense is that in nearly all these cases there will be an old timer within or outside the party that is steering them.

I have no delusions that all that is in opposition party is pristine white/blue/red/whatever, i am just amused that there are people staking and claiming unconquered territory as we speak. GE 2016 is still a long way to go and rather than focusing on securing Aljunied GRC + HG, their ambitions and greed is blinding these bunch of clowns. My faith is with the old guard, not the 'yong Turks'

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Worker's Party wonderful record so far

1)1 Guy who slept with other's wife
2)1 Guy lied during by-election
3)2 guys who copy and paste the work of other's in it's entirety without citations
4)1 Guy who expose their own party member's lies from the inside
5)1 Guy who doesn't even think his own party can make sound decisions and decided to contest on by-election himself
6)1 Guy quit the party and accused them of being racist

Wow. Such a short list.
PAP list much much longer, can fill a more than a hundred Jotter books :biggrin:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
With all due respect, going by his intellect and common sense as a PHD holder and long track record in the WP, he really ought to know better. He wanted to be the spare tyre for the Hougang by-election (just in case) and literally, by his expulsion from the party, he is now a spare tyre!

I am pretty sure PLG can be recycled. He can still be useful, even as a spare.

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Poh Lee Guan will most likely join NSP, but not now. Closer to the election like 2015 or 2016, he will be announced as candidate.

Huat-Ah

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi there

1. ah huat, i choose to disagree leh!
2. the specimen in question is very pretty disciplined hoh.
3. following its grand master's instructions to the dot.

@ streetsmart73

Why you always talk like a ROBOT ?

1)....Blah Blah Blah..
2).....
3)....

There is NO need to list it like a stock list !

You CRAZY is it ? Looks like afterall you are NOT that streetsmart ! lol :biggrin:

Last edited:

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
sg too many people with inflated ego. want to be leaders but dont know how to be a team player.

sigh!!! sadly they must and only be rule using fear, like what the pap is doing.

广开民智!!!

Last edited:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
lianbeng noted traitor! 叛徒!走狗! rundog!:mad:
1 leg in WP 1 leg in PAP?:rolleyes:

The PAP has money & influence. I wouldn't be surprised if they have full-time people trying to sabo the opposition which includes using dirty tricks. Such as using moles, creating discord, etc Many of the opposition are like schoolboys when compared to LKY

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Oh, I didn't know there are people like you who expect me to talk about it here....

Personally, I feel that it is an over kill for WP to sack Dr Poh. There is no necessity for WP to do so. There is no question of integrity (dark secrets like adultery, plagiarism, cheating, stealing whatsoever). Look at it from this way, if the press didn't find out about it and didn't report about his form submission, everything would be fine and quiet. I suspect he has been played out somehow.

I believe in his explanation and I have tested him on that. Most probably he is just trying his luck, no matter if it is just 1% chance that Png may face problems and unable to contest, he would have the necessary criteria to stand in as backup candidate.

The lack of communication of his intent to the party leadership is the only mistake he made, thus, create just that little commotion and embarrassment for the party. Yes, this is a disciplinary matter but to expel him is actually a bad move.

I have deliberated on this in my FB. You don't just send anyone who has made mistakes to the guillotine, regardless of the situation and the context. Else, you won't be very different from PAP's model of ruling, heavy fines for littering, spitting, mandatory death penalty for murder, manslaughter, drug mules, drug lords....etc.

As compared to what YSL has done and created, Dr Poh's mess is really nothing much. He didn't handle the reporters well basically because he has believed so faithfully in LTK's much publicized method of winning Hougang back in 1991... keep out of the media just do ground work. Thus, he has been shunning reporters, eventually, lacks the experience and skills to deal with the media under such "crisis circumstances".

Such expulsion would inevitably put WP in bad limelight again. This should and could be avoided. The only objective for WP to deal with Dr Poh is to "disarm" him, or make him "irrelevant" to the Party. You don't need to sack him. Just demote him to ordinary member so that he will not be able to contest for CEC or even vote for anyone to be CEC. It will also give other members a serious signal that such mistakes are unacceptable and also, a signal to Poh that he would not be trusted as core member again...least about being fielded as candidate for GE again. Most likely, he would get the signal and resign from the party on his accord. If this is done, I believe nobody could disagree with such "punishment", in view of his past decade of contributions to the party's growth.

But for expulsion, some would put it to question whether it is too excessive or not. It is not going to look good for WP to sack two senior cadre members within six months. It should be avoided.

Furthermore, as I have hinted in my earlier blog post, the selection of Png over other more senior cadre members like Poh, Glenda etc would most probably create tensions. It is part of the responsibility of WP leadership to explain properly why certain choices (i.e. Png) are made instead of others. Sensitivity must be taken care of, else, you will continue to face such problems down the road. Whether they accept or not, it is another matter. At least, certain rational is communicated to various stakeholders. The selection process must be transparent, based on merits, Fairness with good justifications.

I have read many people's comments with regards to WP's sacking of Poh. They actually said that it is a good move as it shows discipline, decisive move etc... But I believe you get more respect out from being seen FAIR and JUST, not from being HARSH just mere discipline.

In this case, the expulsion move lacks wisdom. There is no urgency or critical crisis arising, unlike YSL saga where doubts are building up day by day which the root of the problems must be cut off immediately and the only way to do that, is to sack YSL so that he would be removed from MP. For this case, you don't even need to sack Poh and you could well solve the problem with minimum damage and bad limelight on the party itself. Just put him in a corner and he would just open the door and leave quietly.

Goh Meng Seng

40++ replies already, how come GMS's shadow still haven't appear 100m away??

Last edited:

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No value in such a move. More value in him starting another party to attract anti-PAP citizens.

Just taking into account the resigned or expelled members of WP, I think he the weakest in people skills. Unlikely that he can morph a machinery of humans into something viable.

Last edited:

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just taking into account the resigned or expelled members of WP, I think he the weakest in people skills. Unlikely that he can morph a machinery of humans into something viable.

maybe they dont know where to put him??? so might as well sack him using this blunder he made???

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
GMS

You are terrible. You know very well that he was seeking out proposer, seconder and assentors on the sly. And you come out with this garbage.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Personally, I feel that it is an over kill for WP to sack Dr Poh. There is no necessity for WP to do so. There is no question of integrity (dark secrets like adultery, plagiarism, cheating, stealing whatsoever). Look at it from this way, if the press didn't find out about it and didn't report about his form submission, everything would be fine and quiet. I suspect he has been played out somehow.

I believe in his explanation and I have tested him on that. Most probably he is just trying his luck, no matter if it is just 1% chance that Png may face problems and unable to contest, he would have the necessary criteria to stand in as backup candidate.

The lack of communication of his intent to the party leadershiprship is the only mistake he made, thus, create just that little commotion and embarrassment for the party. Yes, this is a disciplinary matter but to expel him is actually a bad move.

I have deliberated on this in my FB. You don't just send anyone who has made mistakes to the guillotine, regardless of the situation and the context. Else, you won't be very different from PAP's model of ruling, heavy fines for littering, spitting, mandatory death penalty for murder, manslaughter, drug mules, drug lords....etc.

As compared to what YSL has done and created, Dr Poh's mess is really nothing much. He didn't handle the reporters well basically because he has believed so faithfully in LTK's much publicized method of winning Hougang back in 1991... keep out of the media just do ground work. Thus, he has been shunning reporters, eventually,lack the experience and skills to deal with the media under such "crisis circumstances".

In politics, if the candidate possessed all those I highlighted in red (for you) it is a perfect storm that WP couldn't afford to repeat in 2016 election. If WP has enough resources and capital like PAP, Dr Poh would be appointed and silenced with top civil servant posts instead of being asked to leave. YOu can spare Dr Poh, will SPH spare WP? That is the other side of the question people tend to forget. If you leave a pus in your body, there is tendency people keeping pointing at it to shame you, why not rid it completely to prevent futurer nightmare.

The only objective for WP to deal with Dr Poh is to "disarm" him, or make him "irrelevant" to the Party. You don't need to sack him. Just demote him to ordinary member so that he will not be able to contest for CEC or even vote for anyone to be CEC.
Goh Meng Seng
Nah, he will end up as spy and feed SPH more spicy news or probably ended up holding conference like the indian guy who resigned and still give lots of bull to the press to shame WP. Demoting him is as good as tell him he is useless. A true hero prefer to be killed than shamed. If Dr Poh is a hero, he should take the former judgement and rest the case.

Last edited:

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
This makes absolutely no sense. You as an opposition party member expect the press not to pick up the news and blow it up if you collect a nomination form, especially given that Png had already been announced long before as the official candidate? PLG is not THAT stupid. He was instigated by someone, most likely someone within NSP to do so. I won't be surprised PLG joins NSP for 2016.

Now people will remember PLG not as a man who stuck with LTK for two or three elections, but someone who was sacked because of a move that did not make sense. Its like throwing 10 years of work down the rubbish chute for no reason other than personal conflict with WP's leadership.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
In this case, the expulsion move lacks wisdom. There is no urgency or critical crisis arising, unlike YSL saga where doubts are building up day by day which the root of the problems must be cut off immediately and the only way to do that, is to sack YSL so that he would be removed from MP. For this case, you don't even need to sack Poh and you could well solve the problem with minimum damage and bad limelight on the party itself. Just put him in a corner and he would just open the door and leave quietly.

Goh Meng Seng

GMS, you are a destructive person. You know very well that what you wrote has been deliberately slated to leave out certain facts and paint WP in a negative light.

What is your motive? Your post makes me pretty darn angry indeed.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
His motive I suspect is probably childish. Similar to someone not getting a birthday invitation and become livid and can't get over it. Note all his reasons, analysis, etc have no foundation, no basis and simply childish.

"Dr Poh did not communicate and therefore it is a communication issue - a small mistake"