• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

WP can topple PAP in next, just need enough candidates....

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nice. But the WP MPs would be stretched. What about health, education, etc? If WP keeps winning more parliament seats, then this SC might just become a reality.

Of course they'll be stretched since its 7/9 vs 81 plus the silly NMPs. I didn't say this initial SC to cover all ministries.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
CST is a good man but he thinks he could do it all by himself, that makes him more arrogant I reckon.

20 odd years on, CST's party (SPP) has exited the political scene, while LTK's party now grew to 7 MPs in parliament. The wily fox must have done something right.

Yes Chiam is arrogant. And PP suffered for it.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
If we see the death of the PAP Sage before GE2016, LTK and WP is no longer tailed behind PAP. You don't follow an incompetent PAP leader LHL, do you? LHL is just a mathematician, an accountant by profession.

The GE game will changed players after the great Sage death and eveything is back to square one.

I am elated the WP won. But I am a little concerned that LTK might not be the right person to lead the WP when their numbers grow. As much as I like him and respect him for what he has done, I am starting to get that queasy feeling that he might be too mild or has too much respect for/fear of the PAP. Is he concerned now that the PAP will no longer be as friendly to him? Is he becoming too successful for his and the PAP's liking? The stage rhetoric and bravado are fine, but is he a mouse behind closed doors? Did the handshake between him and LKY really happen?

In any case, lets just enjoy the sweet PE victory!

Last edited:

brocoli

Alfrescian
Loyal
what do you mean parachute?

LLL won an election for goodness sake! PAP's TPL, CCS, CSL (last minute MP in TP GRC), TCJ, TCH, MBT, KTK (the classic 20 years MP without being formally elected) all kena parachuted for their vrigin entry into parliament...

I am certain WP and other opposition new candidates will fight in an election to be elected, no?

Has always been so....

JBJ, CST, LTK, YSL, SL, CSM, PEH, LLL rode on the tailcoats of nobody and won by a good fight.

PEH rode on the tailcoats of LTK

I mean going forward, their candidate selection need to be rigourous... LL was a masterstroke... new elite walking into WP must work doubly hard to build rapport with the residents like LL and Png did...

not expect to be selected as candidate based on CV

Frankiestine

Alfrescian
Loyal
... who can get their hands dirty....

the 2 lawyers and the prof need to be more involved with the dirty glassloots work...

heard feedback from some volunteers is that they do not really know these shiny new candidates very well.. not sure if they are meant to be top secret ..

dispensing assistance to lower mortals via MPS doesnt count...

PAP lost because they parachut people down from above ... LL win because she was on the ground for 7 yrs, every1 know her....

IF WP was to follow in PAP footsteps, they will face the same outcome...

in a way JJ was a parachute down from above but he has prove he can get his hand dirty... the other elites need to do the same

On the contrary, overall on the whole for the next GE, the results of this GE and BE(s) might have a detrimental effect on the opposition. Fence seaters might be spooked to vote back the white scums if they thought that this tide of change might turn into a tsunami. Knowing how kaisi and kaisu some singkees are in wanting to maintain the status quo of having the PAP anal each time after a election.

Last edited:

Candide

Alfrescian
Loyal
[video=youtube;JM-mh99Yat8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JM-mh99Yat8[/video]

Mr Low and his brand of politics is the reason why an apolitical middle-ground voter like me is willing to give WP the benefit of the doubt and try to groom this party to eventually have the ability to form its own government one day. If that day ever comes and Mr Low is still around in the party leadership, we should be seeing a very different approach towards the PAP from him.

codex

Alfrescian
Loyal
nope. many new estates in punggol. many cheapskate speculators want pap in. they still lost. fence sitters will get screwed these few years many times, starting with transport fees first. COE and oil will be next. Rumors of an ERP hike also floating. And just wait for recession to hit. Europe still has no solutions, except borrowing more money at steeper rates. forgot to mention the trials.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
PEH rode on the tailcoats of LTK

I mean going forward, their candidate selection need to be rigourous... LL was a masterstroke... new elite walking into WP must work doubly hard to build rapport with the residents like LL and Png did...

not expect to be selected as candidate based on CV

All are under LTK. That's the weakness of WP. Then again, who in PAP is not under Lee?

zeebjii

Alfrescian
Loyal
Please do not insult the accountancy profession. An accountant and a mathematician are two different things.

Please dont insult mathematicians. Mathematicians contibute greatly to the advancement of the human race. Accountants cook books.