• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

WOW, 9.58s for 100m who can beat that?

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
_46215340_boltnewcredit.jpg

Bolt sets record to win 100m gold

ATHLETICS WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS
Venue: Olympic Stadium, Berlin Date: 15-23 August
Coverage: Watch the action live and highlights on BBC Two, BBC HD, Red Button, Radio 5 live and the BBC Sport website (video for UK users only)
Full BBC coverage details

Usain Bolt
Bolt continued his dominance of the 100m with another incredible victory

Triple Olympic champion Usain Bolt set a new world record as he cruised to a stunning victory in the 100m at the World Championships in Berlin.

The 22-year-old Jamaican stormed home in a time of 9.58 seconds to shave 0.11 off the record he set last year when winning gold at the Beijing Olympics.

American Tyson Gay was second in a time of 9.71, with Jamaica's Asafa Powell claiming bronze in 9.84.

Britain's Dwain Chambers came sixth in a season's best time of 10.00.

Bolt, who set three world record when winning his Olympic golds in Beijing last summer, served up another superlative display as he bounced back from his false start in the semi-finals.

In the final, he powered out of the blocks at the first time of asking and took control of the race within the first 30m, the crowd going wild as he streaked across the line in another landmark time.

"I was ready, I was feeling good after the semi-finals," Bolt told BBC Sport.

"I knew it was going to be a great race and I came out and executed it. It's a great time. I did well and I feel good in myself."

Gay, who went into the final as the reigning world champion, set a national record with his time but admitted afterwards that he was well short of his rival.

"I ran the best I could but it was not enough tonight," he said. "I believe I put in a championship performance and I am very pleased with the national record."

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KRbuVDyvp5E&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KRbuVDyvp5E&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
this is old news right?

what old news. only 3 days ago on sunday in Germany.
what do you mean by old news.

you live in a hole or what. the world championship is still ongoing in germany.

this coming sunday, he is going to try to break the 200m record.