• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

World Cup 2014 Thread...

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ran simulations with regard to your favorite bet.

If Pools was full service and quoted all bets, the optimum position would have been Ghana makan 1/2 ball, over 1.5.

Yes. For those who got on board the 'over' train, no reason to jump off now. I suspect those who board the 'over' train late may decide to alight.

I am going for 'over' for all 3. Will bet smaller amount for 'pang.' Mon coming soon. Must collect from runner.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
If really not sure can also choose not to bet.

I feel I may stay out of the Argentina match.

I pang Germany but just a small amount.

I wonder if there are punters out there who bet $10000 on Argentina win 1x2 in order to win a guaranteed $800. GD u encounter such punter before?

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I wonder if there are punters out there who bet $10000 on Argentina win 1x2 in order to win a guaranteed $800. GD u encounter such punter before?

I placed $10 for Iran to win.....the odds is 1:$15.... ha ha ha

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

None of my kakis bet legally. Bet 10k to win 800? Not wise imo.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
did you all see the sgpool odds for ghana, there are people out there buying ghana to win...!!!:kma::biggrin:

jw5

Loyal
Argentina win, Germany win, Nigeria Tie....:biggrin::*::smile:

Yes, good, good, agree on the first two, but Bosnia are quite good, with players like Pjanic and Dzeko.............. :p

Bytheway, look out for the matchup between the 2 brothers - Jerome Boteng of Germany and Kevin Prince Boteng of Ghana. :wink:

Last edited:

AceFrehley

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
did you all see the sgpool odds for ghana, there are people out there buying ghana to win...!!!:kma::biggrin:

I'd call that stupidity playing into loser pools hands. :biggrin:

Because loserpools made Germany and other hot favorites so low that punters had to pick Ghana out of desperation and hoping for a miracle. Not that a Ghana win is impossible but they could have bet on other options like under or over or makan or bet on some other matches. :biggrin:

jw5

Loyal
Meaningless third round group matches:

England vs Costa Rica :biggrin:

Spian vs Australia :biggrin:

Meaningful cup-tie-like third round group matches:

Croatia vs Mexico :wink:

Italy vs Uruguay (who would have thought Costa Rica would be the only happy and relax team out of the 4?) :p

AceFrehley

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Hahahaha from loser pools! Say bet $10K to win how much??? And sure win?? What if it was Spain?

Oa48J9c.jpg

Baimi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Italy vs Uruguay (who would have thought Costa Rica would be the only happy and relax team out of the 4?) :p
Brazil still need to beat Cameroon so not to meet Holland,
If Mexico beat Croatia more than 3 goals they top the group,
If Brazil win by a single goal.
Italy only need a draw to progress.

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Interesting to see the potential rise in value for those playing in the EPL.
Luis Suarez's transfer value is probably worth in the region of £100m and no doubt Barcelona and Real madrid will be sniffing around for his services. Likewise, there is no way Bryan Ruiz is gonna stay with EPL relegated Fulham. Definitely see him making a switch to an EPL club this summer.

As for England, Hodgson should let Rooney, Gerard and Lampard go. Time to build a new generation of young players and follow in the footsteps of France and Germany.
Even Roy Hodgson himself should consider his position regardless of what Greg Dyke has said about him.