• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

World Cup 2010 Forecastology

jw5

Loyal
J. Terry : How's your girlfriend doing?

E. Heskey : What's a striker supposed to do?

W. Rooney : Don't let me drink beer, how to score?

F. Capello : Let you drink beer, you get red card!

W. Churchill : I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears and sweat.
J Terry: Hehehe now I can start scoring. Who ask you strip me as captain? Now I can go and strip someone.

J Defoe: That foolish coach needed a goal and he replaced me with E. Heskey.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
J Terry: Hehehe now I can start scoring. Who ask you strip me as captain? Now I can go and strip someone.

J Defoe: That foolish coach needed a goal and he replaced me with E. Heskey.

W. Churchill : Never in field of football was so much owed by so few to so many. Let's therefore brace ourselves, and so bear ourselves that, if the England team lasts for a thousand years, men will still say, "This was their darkest hour."

jw5

Loyal
W. Churchill : Never in field of football was so much owed by so few to so many. Let's therefore brace ourselves, and so bear ourselves that, if the England team lasts for a thousand years, men will still say, "This was their darkest hour."
F Beckenbauer: told you they were stupid, hehehe. Oops, I forgot I already apologised for this. Hehehe.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Singapore River has cancelled your diving carnival. :biggrin:
Welcome back Xi Li Ge, more handsome now LOL :p:p

Germany played very good football last night, i believe they can win the Argentines in their next match, provided they can contain Tevez and Messi.

Ozil, talented player

Last edited:

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal
A large part of England's defeat can be attributed to England losing the mind game to Germany.

Rewind back to how Germany had started the mind game going by talking about a penalty shoot out.

England responded by saying they were ready. The fear of being criticised for repeating history resulted in England adopting an ill fated attack formation with a leaky defence.

It took 2 goals for England to realise that they had walked into the German trap. By which time, the only thing they could do was grit their teeth and press on with their original strategy.

This paid dividends in the form of the first goal and the disallowed second goal which badly affected morale.

Come second half, Germany had England lined up and ready for execution. They slowed down their game to encourage England to extend themselves. When Joe Cole was substituted, they moved in for the kill by picking up the pace of their game which began with that stunning counter attack.

2 goals later, they sealed the match.

The Germans looked magnificent yesterday because everything went according to plan. As mentioned before, the FT England coach is quite mediocre tactically. From the way the way the match turned out, it is apprarent that all of his plans had been read.

The weakeness of this German team is when things don't go according to plan as in the earlier Germany-Serbia match. When caught off gaurd, they have shown that they are quite poor at improvising.

Given the way the Hand of God manages his matches, I would give the advantage to Argentina in the upcoming clash this Saturday. It is hard to prepare against the Hand of God as his tactics often don't make sense. The beauty of it is that it is only after the match that you see what he was trying to do and appreciate the genius in it.

Last edited:

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Given the way the Hand of God manages his matches, I would give the advantage to Argentina in the upcoming clash this Saturday. It is hard to prepare against the Hand of God as his tactics often don't make sense. The beauty of it is that it is only after the match that you see what he was trying to do and appreciate the genius in it.
While i agree Maradona is the best soccer player of all time, he's by no means a good coach. I have doubts in this Argentine team, if i'm not wrong, Argentine is the only country that brought 6 forwards, its an awesome forwards, but midfield and defence?:confused::confused:

Look at the midfield: Veron, Mascherano, Gutierrez (Newcastle), Maxi (Liverpool), Bollatti (Fiorentina), does that sound promising? :p:p

If Germany can contain the Argentine forwards and hold the midfield, they can win the match.

German steel vs an inbalanced and unpredictable team? I'll go for the Germans :p:p:p
Expecting Maradona to curse and swears when they lost the game :biggrin::biggrin:

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
the moment capello chose upson to start, england is gone!!

futhermore john terry having offday. and james milner proven that he is only epl level, not international level.

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
capello rily cockup. they need pace on the right wing, so he sub the slow milner for the even slower joe cole. aaron lennon left to rot on the bench.

rooney has a poor tournament. MIA for all 4 games. damn lousy.:biggrin:

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the moment capello chose upson to start, england is gone!!

futhermore john terry having offday. and james milner proven that he is only epl level, not international level.
I thought Upson played better than Terry? knn 1st goal Terry was ball watching leh. How can you said England lose because of Upson? piangz -_-"

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
england's defens was a total disaster ... dey were simply 2 lazy 2 defend ...

wen dey lost ze bol n germany counter-attacked, u can c how slow dey run back 2 defend ... n ofcos dey were outrun as wel ...

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yesterday was a sweet day for the herd. The herd had mainly bought Germany and Argentina to win. Lot's of smiles as they go to collect their winnings.

Netherlands-Slovakia Netherlands is a favoured dark horse of the herd. There are however some concerns that Slovakia will turn giant killer again and upset Netherlands. Betting for this match is therefore light.

Brazil-Chilie Heavy, consistent non-stop betting on Brazil. As mentoned before, the herd thinks Brazil is invincible. The last draw with Portugal was seen as smart "kelong" play as Brazil had already qualified. The expectation is that this will be a one sided affair with Brazil winning easily.

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal
While i agree Maradona is the best soccer player of all time, he's by no means a good coach. I have doubts in this Argentine team, if i'm not wrong, Argentine is the only country that brought 6 forwards, its an awesome forwards, but midfield and defence?:confused::confused:

Look at the midfield: Veron, Mascherano, Gutierrez (Newcastle), Maxi (Liverpool), Bollatti (Fiorentina), does that sound promising? :p:p

If Germany can contain the Argentine forwards and hold the midfield, they can win the match.

German steel vs an inbalanced and unpredictable team? I'll go for the Germans :p:p:p
Expecting Maradona to curse and swears when they lost the game :biggrin::biggrin:

The market for this match has just opened and the match is on Saturday. The odds are therefore still all over the place. The odds place Argentina as the favourite for this match.

The opinion of Maradona as a coach has swung from extremes. At the start, he was seen as a joke. His recent success have however made him appear to be a genius.

The unpredictability of Maradona is what gives Aregentina the edge for the coming match. I don't think they will be able to read Maradona and the Germans don't do well when they have to improvise. Argentina on the other hands seems to thrive on improvision given the somewhat chaotic way Maradona runs his team.

Of course if the Germans somehow manage to read Maradona and can prepare a trap like they did England, then they will grind Argentina up like prime beef.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
4 dat match, bestest is wait 4 ah paul's prediction ...

so far in tis wc, ah paul's score is 100% ... dun pray-pray, hor! ...

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
holland-flag.jpg

GO ORANJE!!!!!!!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
I thought Upson played better than Terry? knn 1st goal Terry was ball watching leh. How can you said England lose because of Upson? piangz -_-"

did u see how many times podoski and klose had upson for breakfast yester??

running around him like nobody biz. did u count how many times upson whack the ball up for nobody?

granted the 1st goal is terry's fault for being no where near the ball.

upson is crap. capello should partner dawson with terry when king's out. upson is too slow at this level. he had a crappy season for birmingham as well. just becos he score 1 goal yester, doesn't mean he play well.