• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Workers' Party member Melvin Tan's allegation abt TSJ is untrue - SPP spokeman

SNAblog

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://theonlinecitizen.com/2011/08...ay-did-not-gatecrash-spps-national-day-party/

It’s untrue! Tan Jee Say did not gatecrash SPP’s National Day party

Posted by theonlinecitizen on August 25, 2011

There are rumours circulating online that Presidential candidate Tan Jee Say gatecrashed Singapore People’s Party’s (SPP) National Day dinner last Saturday (see HERE).

melvin_tan_WP.jpg
A Workers’ Party member Melvin Tan who contested in the 2006 General Election, writing a note on his Facebook said that he has chosen to vote for Dr Tan Cheng Bock over Mr Tan Jee Say because Mr Tan Jee Say seem to have “an air of superiority” around him, and also because he did not like how Mr Tan “heckled Tony Tan” in TOC’s ‘Face to Face 2′ Presidential Forum.

That Facebook note is now being circulated widely online.

In the same note Mr Melvin Tan said:

“The last straw was the SPP National Day Dinner on 20 Aug ’11, where I bought tickets to attend to support Chiam See Tong for all he has done for Singapore. TJS (Tan Jee Say) turned up and in my view gate-crashed the event and stole the limelight. From very reliable sources, that wasn’t pleasant for the Chiams or SPP.”

TOC tried to clarify this with SPP and spoke to Dr David Tan, Central Executive Committee member of SPP.

Dr Tan in speaking to TOC said, “It’s untrue! I invited Tan Jee Say in my personal capacity to the dinner. Mr Tan initially declined because of his prior commitments. But later, because of my insistence, he agreed to drop-by to say hello to the Chiams and myself.”

Dr David Tan was Mr Tan Jee Say’s teacher when Mr Tan was a student in Raffles Institution.

When informed that Mr Tan Jee Say would like to drop-by the party to greet the Chiams, Mr and Mrs Chiam welcomed him, clarified Dr David Tan.

Last edited:

SNAblog

Alfrescian
Loyal
Here is Melvin Tan's full post that is circulating in facebook and various forums:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...=sg&client=firefox-a&source=www.google.com.sg

When the potential candidates for the Presidential Election started standing out one after another and three runners became clear - Tan Cheng Bock, Tan Kin Lian and Tony Tan - I was determined to spoil my vote.

After all, you have 3 of them all formerly with the PAP for more than 30 years, although they were serving at different levels. Forget Andrew Kuan, Ooi or the poor driver who drove into a temple.

The slate reminded me of why WP wanted to abolish the Elected President scheme - because only PAP-related people would qualify for the COE thus accessing the Presidency should the PAP lose power and block an opposition government.

When Tan Jee Say also stood out, I was still resigned to spoiling my vote because I didn't think he would qualify for the COE. As everyone knows, he did. So did the 3 others. I was happier that I did not need to spoil my vote anymore and the obvious choice would be TJS even if I did not know him well - because an "opposition president" was the best protest against the EP scheme. There is no need to tell me that the President should not play the opposition's role, because in the first place, the PAP created the EP for a political purpose.

On Fri 19 Aug '11, I met TJS for the first time at Toa Payoh. When I shook hands with him, I had a sense of very heavy "ow kee" (in Hokkien) or "au qi" (in Chinese), meaning air of superiority. Coincidentally, TCB turned up at the same place. I avoided him because I felt I would not vote for him but while taking a photo of him, he started to move to my direction and so ending up face to face, I shook his hand and said "all the best Dr Tan". The feeling I had was that TCB was more sincere than TJS. But my premise was that as long as TJS made an average impression, it was fine.
Also, if I had voted for the better man, my choice in AMK GRC in GE 2011 would not have been RP.
Later that night, I watched the TOC preview video where TJS heckled Tony Tan, and although many would think the latter deserved it, it certainly didn't put the former in a good light either.
The last straw was the SPP National Day Dinner on 20 Aug '11, where I bought tickets to attend to support Chiam See Tong for all he has done for Singapore. TJS turned up and in my view gate-crashed the event and stole the limelight. From very reliable sources, that wasn't pleasant for the Chiams or SPP. That incident put off a number of guests including myself.

Later that night, after thinking for some time, my vote finally swung over from TJS to TCB.

You see, TJS may only turn out to be good for one or two opposition parties, but not the whole opposition. Maybe not for the only opposition that has won seats away from the PAP. Would that be doing any service to this opposition?

Why not revert back to the original choice of a spoilt vote, you may ask.

I have come to terms with the fact that I am against the EP scheme, but not against Singapore having a President. And since I get to choose, I would choose someone who is not too ruling party, not too opposition and not too eccentric. I am against the EP having veto over reserves and others, but that is another issue.

You see, it is never the PAP to have more than one endorsed candidate. Hence, TCB obviously lost favour with PAP. And obviously, TJS has not been out of PAP's hands either as Goh Chok Tong's PPS at one time.

During that time, who heard TJS speaking against JBJ's lawsuits and the Marxist detentions?

Furthermore, TJS was probably earning more as a PPS than TCB as a MP.

Because of that, I don't find it appealing that a candidate speaks up on important issues or be politically correct.

That can be done by any populist.

All of them are too late to speak up and that's why I'm not even helping TCB.

But TCB put his PAP candidacy at risk every election to speak up to the most, yet he did.

Voting Tan Cheng Bock on 27 August 2011.

Melvin Tan Kian Hwee

(Contested in AMK - GE 2006)

Last edited:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This fuckface Melvin is 38 year old sale executive.
Knn must be SLS those fuckface conman selling electronics one.
Think fail o levels even...PTUI!

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He's stirring shit days before the PE... Maybe he's garnering support for other Presidential candidates... Fuckin bastard...No wonder our Opposition are not United especially with idiots like Melvin around...

lee6100

Alfrescian
Loyal
"Dr." David Tan is a well known con man with a fake doctorate. All the RI boys know this.

Last edited:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Melvin is a good man and a good friend. I won't be voting for TCB for reasons he know well but we don't accuse each other of being whoever's whose puppy. That's democracy, if you understand what it means. Even voting for TT in PE or PAP in GE doesn't mean you're a puppy or poodle. Everyone has their right to choose differently, then there's democracy.

I also beg to differ against bro Tonychat usual byline that Sinkies voting PAP have no balls. I'm a declared WP member and will always vote for WP. Does that mean that I have more than two balls? Respect other people's vote and their right to choose for whom to vote for. That then is a mature democracy. The most immature now claiming title to democracy are ironically mostly from opposition.

Thailand has no democratic superiority over Singapore. In fact, it's more immature. In Singapore, the losing side want to call people names. In Thailand, the losing side want to fight. You call that balls?

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
Melvin is a good man and a good friend. I won't be voting for TCB for reasons he know well but we don't accuse each other of being whoever's whose puppy. That's democracy, if you understand what it means. Even voting for TT in PE or PAP in GE doesn't mean you're a puppy or poodle. Everyone has their right to choose differently, then there's democracy.

I also beg to differ against bro Tonychat usual byline that Sinkies voting PAP have no balls. I'm a declared WP member and will always vote for WP. Does that mean that I have more than two balls? Respect other people's vote and their right to choose for whom to vote for. That then is a mature democracy. The most immature now claiming title to democracy are ironically mostly from opposition.

Thailand has no democratic superiority over Singapore. In fact, it's more immature. In Singapore, the losing side want to call people names. In Thailand, the losing side want to fight. You call that balls?

Goodness, you've come back to your usual best again. Risking being branded as your clone again, I'd still have to say, two thumbs up!

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Melvin got the right to vote for whoever he likes and publicize it.
He got the right to call presidential candidates names.
Likewise we have the right to fuck him and call him names....that's democracy.

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Melvin Tan's story sounded so much like Cleareye's thread. It goes like this:

The choice was between A and B. I didn't want people to know that I was a fervent supporter of A, so I would start off by saying I had a good impression of B and was willing to give B a fair chance. Well, something minor happened and I made a mountain out of a molehill; I was disappointed with B, so I would now turn to A and vote for A.

I created a long story because I wanted to position myself as 'neutral' and not pro 'A'. I don't want people to know that I attacked B because I'm pro A. I hope this will hurt B even more because people will think that it's coming from a neutral voter.

My aim of course is to sway the 'neutral voters'.

Last edited:

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
Voting Tan Cheng Bock on 27 August 2011. - Melvin Tan Kian Hwee

Voting is secret. Why doesn't Melvin Tan treasure this secrecy privilege? Is he smart?

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Voting Tan Cheng Bock on 27 August 2011. - Melvin Tan Kian Hwee

Voting is secret. Why doesn't Melvin Tan treasure this secrecy privilege? Is he smart?

There's no treasure in voting secrecy. There's no danger too. Why the fuss? He's a WP member and former candidate, everybody knows that he voted for WP in past GEs. Nothing happened to him. In mature democracies, people display their votes before casting them into the ballot boxes. What's so secret about votes? What's there to be ashamed or afraid of? If so, might as well don't vote.