• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Wong jing does remake of a 90's classic young and dangerous 古惑仔

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This series was famous for reusing their actors that have died off in earlier installments taking up new roles as different characters. Take Ah B ho nam's boss in part 1. Well the actor that played him played smiling tiger in part 3 if you care to look carefully. The one actor that always played the bad guy in the series and always died is roy cheung. He died a total of 3 times playing 3 different characters.

Personally for me i think part 3 is the best in the series. Part 1 is a bit bland to me and it's also too overdone. The famous scene where chan ho ham accidently kicks a football into ugly kwan gets whacked up by his goons and get saved by AH B.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Na beh.. I always blame 2 films which cause a lot of wannabe ah bengs to die in my generation - Young and Dangerous (the whole series) and Full Throttle (Andy Lau motorseow movie)

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This series had many spin offs like the legendary tai fei telling anthony wong's character's story. Portland street blues telling the story of sister 13 potrayed by sandra ng and there's also a spin off about mountain chicken's earlier life and his love story with a girl acted by gigi leung. I think the title of the movie is called once were young. There's also the prequel starring nicholas tsueng and daniel wu. Nick won an award for his role as teenage chan ho nam. That is all the spin offs that i can think of.

This series is pivotal for launching the careers of jordan chan and ekin cheng and also the supporting cast members like jerry lamb as that ah pui. Established actors like francis and anthony were famous long before the series.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There's also the prequel starring nicholas tsueng and daniel wu. Nick won an award for his role as teenage chan ho nam.

The worst fucking movie starring the worst fucking actor Nicholas tse. Wanted to puke while watching it.

There was also a reunion movie starring Ekin and Jordan.. they play ex gangsters trying to go straight. Nothing to shout about. I think they regret doing the Y&D series which influenced so many youths to become street hoodlums.

Only Wong Jin is typical culture vulture who likes to make low class but sure-sell movies...

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Na beh.. I always blame 2 films which cause a lot of wannabe ah bengs to die in my generation - Young and Dangerous (the whole series) and Full Throttle (Andy Lau motorseow movie)

if ppl watch liao and wanna to be "sam seng" then it their own stupid choice lor. how many watch superman liao also decide to fly from tall building after the show? anyone watch rambo liao and decide to be rambo in real life? so dont blame the producers of the movie but blame on oneself lack of brain matter within the ears.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The worst fucking movie starring the worst fucking actor Nicholas tse. Wanted to puke while watching it.

There was also a reunion movie starring Ekin and Jordan.. they play ex gangsters trying to go straight. Nothing to shout about. I think they regret doing the Y&D series which influenced so many youths to become street hoodlums.

Only Wong Jin is typical culture vulture who likes to make low class but sure-sell movies...

Was that movie part of the Y and D series? seriously i think jordan and ekin should be sick of playing gangsters. Jordan does act like a punk though. I wonder if it's his image or if he's really like that in real life. He also does rap.

I don't think they regret it. The series made ekin damn famous. During that period of time he was the leading man in so many HK movies. Like storm riders alongside aaron kwok. A man called hero and some racing car movie amongst others. He actually was a bigger star than andy lau and the other heavenly kings and maybe even jackie chan during that period. I think the series also made jordan and ekin very good friends. Jordan still seems typecast in the gangster role. Seriously it's hard to see him act as anything else.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Can never understand why HK movies loves glorifying gangsterism.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qMNlzfaCErQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

SG glorifying Stareism too what

Last edited:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Can never understand why HK movies loves glorifying gangsterism.

American movies do it too and so does black rap/ movie culture. The only difference is that with HK all their gangster movies seem to have the same background. I know the streets of HK look more or less the same everywhere but couldn't they have at least figured out a way to make it look different from one another.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if ppl watch liao and wanna to be "sam seng" then it their own stupid choice lor. how many watch superman liao also decide to fly from tall building after the show? anyone watch rambo liao and decide to be rambo in real life? so dont blame the producers of the movie but blame on oneself lack of brain matter within the ears.

Want to be superman or batman or rambo it's fine.. but the girls still like 古惑仔

ThugSin

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qMNlzfaCErQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

SG glorifying Stareism too what

sinkie gangsters only fight over staring incident... other cuntry gangsters fight over turfs,drug deals and/or matters involving $$$...

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
吳志雄

i always remember his role as 盲蛇 in the 1987 監獄風雲 and also in the sequel where he kenna stabbed by mainlander skull and his death trigger the breakout of mainlander gang leader who was framed for his death.

黃光亮 aka 傻標

wonder what happen to him as long time never see him act in movie liao.

The prison gang leaders that deserve mention...潮州佬(victor hon), 大傻 (sheng fui onn RIP), 大咪 (William ho),

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
As a 90s boy, I still prefer the original version of the movie..

That movie was responsible for making an Ah Beng out of most schoolboys of that era..:biggrin:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This movie came out I already overaged....I was influenced by earlier era of 'a better tomorrow' genre to become a gangster.
Y & D did influenced many younger set this I can confirm....there is even a 古惑山 in local SS folklore...clearly influenced by this series.....
For me I was influenced in that I named my newborn son then as 浩南(Christian name Ekin).....

Last edited:

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This movie came out I already overaged....I was influenced by earlier era of 'a better tomorrow' genre to become a gangster.
Y & D did influenced many younger set this I can confirm....there is even a 古惑山 in local SS folklore...clearly influenced by this series.....
For me I was influenced in that I named my newborn son then as 浩南(Christian name Ekin).....

wahahaha

I remember we used to joke that in singapore we can be the za-fit yan in Causeway Point instead of Causeway Bay...

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

serious you named your son ekin? Sounds rather tacky IMO since ekin isn't even a traditional christian name.