• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Wong jing does remake of a 90's classic young and dangerous 古惑仔

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This movie came out I already overaged....I was influenced by earlier era of 'a better tomorrow' genre to become a gangster.
Y & D did influenced many younger set this I can confirm....there is even a 古惑山 in local SS folklore...clearly influenced by this series.....
For me I was influenced in that I named my newborn son then as 浩南(Christian name Ekin).....

when Y & D hit the silver screen, i already wearing army green. i only caught the series on tv. i seen real AST member everyday as a kid and i have no intention of having that sort of life style. if really wanna be gangster, i wanna be xiao_ma_ge type of gangster.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
when Y & D hit the silver screen, i already wearing army green. i only caught the series on tv. i seen real AST member everyday as a kid and i have no intention of having that sort of life style. if really wanna be gangster, i wanna be xiao_ma_ge type of gangster.

I was studying overseas during the Y&D fever. Fucking ah bengs (usually malaysians) liked to wear black leather jackets, drive hondas and keep long hair like ah gua. Long haired Ah lians liked to hang around these ah siah kiahs and feng tau at the Asian clubs. All these rich kids pee in their pants when the real Asian gangsters (vietnamese) turn up.

jw5

Loyal
What about those roles by veterans like Francis Ng, Anthony Wong, Simon Yam, Roy Cheung, Mark Cheng and a host of others who appeared in the series at one time or another

All the above are established actors, frequently used by Johnnie To in his movies.

Simon Yam in particular has come a long way since his days of acting in cat 3 movies. He was excellent in movies such as Election I and II and also Eye In The Sky (movie about police men who follow suspects, also starring Kate Tsui)

Just realised that the original Y&D also had Laughing Kor........................

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sigh, another show that glorifies the triads,,,i as hoping that HK cinemas will improve more,,now it seems to be a step backward,,but at least its a more watchable show that singkie crap

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sigh, another show that glorifies the triads,,,i as hoping that HK cinemas will improve more,,now it seems to be a step backward,,but at least its a more watchable show that singkie crap

Like I wrote before, Wong Jin is a famous for making crass but popular movies. His father was Wong tin lam - a very famous HK film maker.

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
wow! a 古惑仔 can clock up 3 page in such a short time! i think a lot here were during that era, mark ko is the kind of gangster i want to be. sorry guys, saw all the 3 in cinema. can't even recall what the show is about. :confused::*::p

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
wow! a 古惑仔 can clock up 3 page in such a short time! i think a lot here were during that era, mark ko is the kind of gangster i want to be. sorry guys, saw all the 3 in cinema. can't even recall what the show is about. :confused::*::p

3 only? i thought at least 6-7 in the series. maybe the rest are spin-off.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

You do know that HK's triads have close links with the showbiz industry, right?

This bugger was beaten up due to some triad-related quarrel:

a2w4x.jpg

Last edited:

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
3 only? i thought at least 6-7 in the series. maybe the rest are spin-off.

the first 3 i saw, then i stop. don't bother to follow anymore. find the show overdo a lot of parts. a lot of youngsters watch the movie liao very moved, impressed then imitate. this show macam 古龙 show, all the sword man no need to work can enjoy life with a lot of 银两! a better tomorrow better in term of plot and setting. anyway the show like that also bo pian because its a spin off from a hong kong comic. something like 龙虎门.

ThugSin

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
[video=youtube;-UEzrDsngDg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UEzrDsngDg[/video]

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You do know that HK's triads have close links with the showbiz industry, right?

This bugger was beaten up due to some triad-related quarrel:

http://www.nautiljon.com/images/people/00/86/eric_tsang_7668.jpg[/QUOTE]

Many of these movies were financed and the protagonists hand picked by the triads bosses....the recently released Macau boss was one of them that wanted his own cinema biography.

The heung brothers were the most famous triad bosses in hk movie industry....the new kid in town is Albert Yeung

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
guys! it is known fact that HK movie industry is a huge money laundering industry! in the 90's, invest 1mil to produce a show. sell to other parts of the world. profit from screening and copyrights 10mil. this 10mil all from overseas. really got people watch or not never mind. money come in after taxed. can bring out to use liao.