• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Woman saved and invested to amass $1 million in cash by age 29

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Woman saved and invested to amass $1 million in cash by age

The fact is without knowing our own lifespan, it is very difficult to plan for retirement and current spending. The fear of not enough money left for old age is always there. Endup many people left a fortune when they go. How sad.

this is why Singapore government should introduce elderly euthanasia,assisted suicide or soylent green.dont have to worry dieing a poor miserable man in singapore,singapore is no country for old men.....why do you want to wake up every morning,old and tired and the years of memories and insanity weighing upon you whenever u wake up?with the best years and the best memories long behind you like distant memories on old faded yellowish paper.why drag ur weary old corpse every morning to work to clean toilets and wash dishes just to live another day of your miserable life in this cold unforgiving world all alone?do you see the haunted look in the eyes of minister mentor Lee Kuan Yew in the final years of his life?the man who wanted none of it all and nothing left to do with this world,he wanted to be set free.let all our elderly sinkies walk towards the sunset with their heads held high and with dignity.living is just an illusion until u realise theres nothing to live for and death is a blessing.OBE is not the answer bro,what u need is soylent green.

come chootchiew my friend dont be afraid,when its time to go i will hold your hands and sing bridge over troubled waters.

[video=youtube;H_a46WJ1viA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_a46WJ1viA[/video]

Last edited:

Poomer

Alfrescian
Loyal

Heard she quite infamous in the banking industry for the wrong reasons. 2nd gen Indo-chinese rags to riches story, yeah right.

Poomer

Alfrescian
Loyal

They really pick from the bottom of the barrel.

The other time, they had an article on Castlewood Group angmoh boss. Me thinks this fella confirm run road within 5 years. Just another landbanking ponzi a la Profitable Plots with a new storyline

Same modus operandi, sponsor EPL teams for publicity, do investment, investment fail, rinse and repeat.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
75% from savings and 25% from investments. That shows you how high her salary is. 5 years 1 million and at 75% means every year she has to save 150k. She is probably earning closer to 250k or 300k to be able to save 150k. For someone earning 300k with no family, saving 150k is highly possible. And from the few hundred k, to earn additional 250k is not diff if you consider compounding

Yeah high income earners are many in such industry. I have a friend who is in such industry told me their fund manager staff can earn few hundred thousands to even exceed a million, including bonuses.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yeah high income earners are many in such industry. I have a friend who is in such industry told me their fund manager staff can earn few hundred thousands to even exceed a million, including bonuses.

earn mostly from commissions from selling shitty banking products.....i bet this hotanto whore sold many a innocent sinkie aunties and ah peks hundreds of k of life savings in annuities and investment savings products and lehman bonds.no wonder she is called wealth manager,got twenty aunties and uncles every month paying her $500 commission each to "manage" their wealth.pimpin aint easy.

Last edited:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
This kind of wealth managers make me laugh. Buying a car is just about the worse purchase you can make in singapore. You can do all the maths till the cows come home, but its not economically viable. It has to be treated similar to a luxury purchase such as a Rolex watch. When you add up the COE, road tax, purchase price, lease financing interest costs, maintenance and fuel, you have to ride alot of taxis and MRTs to come even remotely close to justifying the cost of a car. Which fucking shit bank pays her a 6 figure salary for this kind of wealth management. And i hope the flat she is talking about is not a HDB flat, because it would be an even bigger mistake then the car.

Appears to be HDB flat.

"Q Home is now/I drive...

A I live in a four-room flat in Paya Lebar with my parents. I paid for the flat.

I drive a Volkswagen Golf"

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
what exactly did she do besides being a wealth manager in a bank?other than sucking her clients dicks and having a pair of boobs,iv seen lots of singaporean investor blogs with six and seven digit portfolio and they sure as hell didnt accomplish it by being a high class prostitute for the bank.its obvious most of her million dollar networth come from her work and savings,and not because shes a good investor or successful track record.not to mention no sane investor would ever buy 1 million dollars worth of ilps or universal life or annuities....those things are a blatant ripoff and suck ur agent fees and commissions for years and have shitty returns and huge penalties........obviously a paid advertisement article or sponsored content by some scumbag insurance company.

Yeah she should buy term policy and invest the rest herself since she is investment expert. But buy life insurance is still a good wealth creation tool for other not so savvy investors, instant million dollar estate if die young. If don't die, also can encash the policy when older.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
how many of us make a six figure salary?

I certainly didn't & it took me longer to make my 1st million & I had to forego buying a car which is I think is a luxury in Spore.

Even if you have made a million it's not easy to keep it because of falling prices of stocks & property. Even if you hold money or gold their value has fluctuated drastically.

Yeah shows that must be in correct industry to earn high salary fast. Others need to work more years to achieve same salary and savings.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have long ago concluded its not economically viable to retire in Singapore. Even if you have $3 million or more. Why pay $150,000 for a basic car, and then have to lose it every ten years? Malaysia is my retirement destination and I have already started planning that some years ago. Its a good place to stretch your money and there are many Chinese enclaves in all major cities.

No need to have a car when retired in Spore.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Most sinkies can make money from investing, especially through the normal means such as

1. CPF
2. REITs and regular dividend-paying companies
3. a regular business or home/shop space that pays rent

I don't understand why sinkies think they are so smart and choose to look down on these safe ways of making money, and forever are dumping their life savings in nonsense like land banking, ostrich farms and gold shares.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Surprise she has no property in her investment portfolio .

She already bought and sold one private property making $100k. Now she is waiting for property price to fall.

"Q What are your immediate investment plans?

A For equities, I'll wait on the sidelines and observe for the next six months as markets are very turbulent.

I am looking to buy private property when the time is right, and go around looking at properties and launches.

I believe property prices will come down some more. As interest rates increase, people will have to pay more for their mortgages and, with the measures the Government has in place, a lot of people are finding it hard to refinance.

When there are a lot of distress sales or if the price comes down another 10 per cent, I will seriously look at buying a private property.

For now, I'm going to invest in my business. We want to further improve the website content."

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

The fact is without knowing our own lifespan, it is very difficult to plan for retirement and current spending. The fear of not enough money left for old age is always there. Endup many people left a fortune when they go. How sad.

That day I read the news about shareinvestor founder died at age 54 from cancer first detected in Oct 2014. The news said he sold the website to sph at $18 million.

jw5

Loyal

That's why I keep telling <GoldenDragon> and his other monikers in this forum no need to make so much money. He cannot take the money with him when he dies. :(

That day I read the news about shareinvestor founder died at age 54 from cancer first detected in Oct 2014. The news said he sold the website to sph at $18 million.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

Don't get me wrong, when I say frugal I don't mean scrimped :smile:
What I mean't was no cars, no expensive restaurants, no branded clothes, expensive girlfriend,...

When I cleared my leave, I usually went to Thailand so that the office wouldn't call me back. I did clear my leave & spent the time in Canada &'the USA when I had to go there on company business.

I also spent time time visiting Britain & Europe when I had to clear my sabbatical.

Yeah I think can save a lot by finding jobs to travel to places of interest. Can enjoy tour and broaden perspective by working with people from other nationalities in their countries. I find angmohs in USA and Europe behave well when in their own countries. Not like the many angmoh bicycle and other bullies that we see in Spore news.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Descendants of the Heng Family. From Surabaya...

Heng family from Surabaya...so are they rich and famous? I know not all Indonesian Chinese are rich tycoons. Last time my classmate from batam came on scholarship and not rich. In Medan many years ago, I saw Indonesia Chinese working as tour guide or other normal work.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

this is why Singapore government should introduce elderly euthanasia,assisted suicide or soylent green.dont have to worry dieing a poor miserable man in singapore,singapore is no country for old men.....why do you want to wake up every morning,old and tired and the years of memories and insanity weighing upon you whenever u wake up?with the best years and the best memories long behind you like distant memories on old faded yellowish paper.why drag ur weary old corpse every morning to work to clean toilets and wash dishes just to live another day of your miserable life in this cold unforgiving world all alone?do you see the haunted look in the eyes of minister mentor Lee Kuan Yew in the final years of his life?the man who wanted none of it all and nothing left to do with this world,he wanted to be set free.let all our elderly sinkies walk towards the sunset with their heads held high and with dignity.living is just an illusion until u realise theres nothing to live for and death is a blessing.OBE is not the answer bro,what u need is soylent green.

come chootchiew my friend dont be afraid,when its time to go i will hold your hands and sing bridge over troubled waters.

[video=youtube;H_a46WJ1viA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_a46WJ1viA[/video]

No, Spore govt should introduce paying $1k or $1.5k to elderly so that they no need to work in menial jobs. Like what they do in Australia.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

Heard she quite infamous in the banking industry for the wrong reasons. 2nd gen Indo-chinese rags to riches story, yeah right.

Taylor Swift's reply is suitable for this:

“I want to say to all the young women out there: There are going to be people along the way who will try to undercut your success or take credit for your accomplishments or your fame,” Swift said while she accepted the award for her album "1989". “But if you just focus on the work and you don’t let those people sidetrack you, someday when you get where you’re going, you’ll look around and you will know that it was you and the people who love you who put you there. And that will be the greatest feeling in the world. Thank you for this moment."

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...-kanye-west-in-grammys-acceptance-speech.html