• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Witch hunting begins: Who let Dr Chee out running ?

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
this is karma for PAP.

too bad, Lee Kuan Yew has died.

Many people want Lee Kuan Yew to see how his son Lee Hsien Loong squander off the empire built by Lee Kuan Yew

Died or coming back from the dead, no difference now.
The tiger has been uncaged.

sense

Alfrescian
Loyal
Interesting approach by SDP this time round.

Avoid the extremes and you'll gain more supporters.

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The PAPzis took their eyes off the Chee ball because they were navel-gazing at how to fix WP via the AHPETC issue. Serves them right.

Ian6690

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dr Chee has done well in his all speeches so far. He has come across as a humble guy that really cares about Singaporeans. He has certainly mellowed from his confrontational style back then. I wish him and his team all the best in the coming election.

Yes, as Htolas said, the PAP has been too engrossed in attacking the WP on town council issues and got caught off guard with the tsunami of support that SDP has since garnered.

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
Csj seem to have the service of some PR adviser as he have hit the right note this time. And it includes releasing a film featuring his family to soften his image and he did at the right timing. And he spoke in hokkien and mandarin during rallies to appeal to the chinese speaking crowds. I don't think it sometime he will do last time.

He did caught pap by surprise and Now pap is resorting to the old tactic by launching a personal attack against him. The right thing csj should do is to stay clam and treat those smears in a dignify way by ignoring it. In such a way middle ground voters will take notice of the behavior of ruling party and SDP and it will likely backfire on pap.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
He did caught pap by surprise and Now pap is resorting to the old tactic by launching a personal attack against him. The right thing csj should do is to stay clam and treat those smears in a dignify way by ignoring it. In such a way middle ground voters will take notice of the behavior of ruling party and SDP and it will likely backfire on pap.

Dr Chee did mention about this in his first speech I believe. About gutter politics, and how they will launch personal attacks. He will defend, they will attack some more. Then precious days are lost. I believe he will ride the attacks out and keep his focus on the campaign. He's a different man now.

So go ahead pap. Dig your own grave!!!

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dr Chee did mention about this in his first speech I believe. About gutter politics, and how they will launch personal attacks. He will defend, they will attack some more. Then precious days are lost. I believe he will ride the attacks out and keep his focus on the campaign. He's a different man now.

So go ahead pap. Dig your own grave!!!

The personal attacks no long stick. Dr Chee has matured beyond yesteryears, but PAP is still marching on the same ground.

Sim Ann, Vivian and Lawrence play the role of Mara, the Devil, to perfection. Dr Chee's non-resistance has turned the enemies' arrows into blossoms.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
The personal attacks no long stick. Dr Chee has matured beyond yesteryears, but PAP is still marching on the same ground.

Sim Ann, Vivian and Lawrence play the role of Mara, the Devil, to perfection. Dr Chee's non-resistance has turned the enemies' arrows into blossoms.

PAP's defeat will be like Mara's defeat.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
something that the PAP couldn't control is the internet. It is probably the game changer that is preventing the PAP from white washing the problems in Spore.

I think even LKY would have had problems retaining power if the Internet had existed during his younger days.

freedalas

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am very glad that the brothers in this forum are supporting CSJ and are saying very good things about him. He deserves all our support for a second chance as he is truly sincere in what he is doing. But we need to go beyond this forum and tell whoever people we come in contact with about CSJ and what the PAP had tried to do to him. We should all do our part to help him get into the Parliament to take on those PAP bullies and bastards.

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
this is karma for PAP.

too bad, Lee Kuan Yew has died.

Many people want Lee Kuan Yew to see how his son Lee Hsien Loong squander off the empire built by Lee Kuan Yew

Let's give LKY the benefit of doubt that he put country before self and gave blessing to the re-emergence of CSJ to take over from a very disappointing son.

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes, the Pappies self pwned. They thought that after 20 years of demonising him and demolishing his reputation, he could be let out safely to sabotage the SDP, if the not the opposition with his antics and the stigma surrounding him. Little did they know ...

SG cannot afford to have another Chia Thye Poh and other brilliant SGs, who were being persecuted and suppressed to perpetuate one-Familee rule. These brilliant SGs could have prevented what has fallen on SGs today.

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Csj seem to have the service of some PR adviser as he have hit the right note this time. And it includes releasing a film featuring his family to soften his image and he did at the right timing. And he spoke in hokkien and mandarin during rallies to appeal to the chinese speaking crowds. I don't think it sometime he will do last time.

Heaven got eyes that CSJ has the support of people who still care enough for this country to help him along.

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
something that the PAP couldn't control is the internet. It is probably the game changer that is preventing the PAP from white washing the problems in Spore.

I think even LKY would have had problems retaining power if the Internet had existed during his younger days.

Unfortunately, the so-called 'silent majority' (supplanted with New Citizens) is still apolitical and are contented with their bowl of soy sauce coolie rice. The best they know is to kpkb, but still vote for the FAP when it comes to polling day. NEH did not remind SGs to vote for self-interests without reason. The FAP has a stranglehold the typical selfish, short-sighted SG mindset.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They could have leashed him tight with the help of Official Assignee.

Somehow, and someone, decided that Dr Chee was no longer a threat.

Now the witch hunting must begin internally.

Who is the sabo king ?

my take on this is that they couldnt do this to dr chee this time around as this will only stoke even more public anger.

you must know that after the 2011 elections lky quit his ministerial post.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

that's right. they were banking that he would somehow self destruct or create some type of controversy from his outburst that would scare voters from him like in 2001 where he heckled gct asking him where is the money while lao goh didn't engage him and just walked off in which he mocked csj later at another rally for his antics and had the full support of those in attendance. this time csj played all his cards right and he's gaining fame and adoration over the strongest oppo at the moment which is wp.

Been a long time coming for csj. it's about time he got into parliament he deserves it after the jailing, fasting, humiliation in public and in the media etc.

This time around everyone smells blood that the PAP has truly fucked up big time you see new parties forming that are getting support, newbies with 0 political experience like HHH standing for election with money that isn't even hers.

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
And WP did a political rope-a-dope, absorbing the punches and waiting for the PAPzis to tire out. Let's look out for the knockout return.

Dr Chee has done well in his all speeches so far. He has come across as a humble guy that really cares about Singaporeans. He has certainly mellowed from his confrontational style back then. I wish him and his team all the best in the coming election.

Yes, as Htolas said, the PAP has been too engrossed in attacking the WP on town council issues and got caught off guard with the tsunami of support that SDP has since garnered.